Injury Buddy Hell! everything to do with Buddy's injury in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was sitting just to the left of the bench when he was coming off and couldn't believe what I was hearing from the Geelong fans around me. It was a disgrace. Very poor form. And it wasn't one or two of them.

I heared the same and turned around and told the guy if you don't shut your mouth I'll rip your teeth out...he took one look at us and shut his mouth...was ready to get kicked out of the G!

Hey guys, really sorry to intrude, but I also heard (i think it was) Richo saying during the game that there was a possible tibia fracture as well - any substance to that, or just typical sensationalism?

Hopefully just a PCL and he'll be good to go next year - bloody good for the game to see him on the field

I was sitting just to the left of the bench when he was coming off and couldn't believe what I was hearing from the Geelong fans around me. It was a disgrace. Very poor form. And it wasn't one or two of them.

Its really disappointing to hear this. I remember when Kouta did his knee in a final against Richmond, it was in front of a large Richmond section and they were cheering, it was disgraceful. Have hated Richmond ever since.

Hey guys, really sorry to intrude, but I also heard (i think it was) Richo saying during the game that there was a possible tibia fracture as well - any substance to that, or just typical sensationalism?

Hopefully just a PCL and he'll be good to go next year - bloody good for the game to see him on the field

That was an 'unconfirmed report' that emanated from the room almost as soon as Buddy went down there. Peter Larkins injury forecasting, I'd suspect.

Where there is smoke, i reckon there is fire.

Lots of ACL reports. I think we better prepare for a seriously depleted 2012.

The Age is Tweeting:

Hawks more hopeful than confident but think Buddy has escaped ACL knee and might have only jarred/hyper-extended.

then moments later, Robbo from the Hun Tweeted:

home from game. V sad about buddy. Two docs have said it prob isACL. Not good for hawks or football. Poor menzel too. Good game. Shit night

... think I'll wait for the official word...

Can't they confirm ACL's straight away?

The longer we don't hear, the worse it is

A lot of times they can, other times they can't and need the scans..

Sometimes the acl sits in a spot that still gives a sense of stability.. A player in the sanfl a while ago hurt his knee (was an acl tear) and played the following week, suddenly it moved and he lost the stability and went down..

You can also stretch the acl, which i did once.. It has a point it will stretch to and if the force is too much, that's when it tears..

Sincerely hope he's ok, Hawks are my 2nd fave team and Buddy is my favourite player to watch when he's flying.. Love when the Hawks will be on tv just to watch him..

Its really disappointing to hear this. I remember when Kouta did his knee in a final against Richmond, it was in front of a large Richmond section and they were cheering, it was disgraceful. Have hated Richmond ever since.

I hate to report it but there was a large section of Hawks fans cheering after Menzel went down tonight.

I hate to report it but there was a large section of Hawks fans cheering after Menzel went down tonight.

There's a minority at any given club whether it's Hawks, Collingwood or Brisbane. Shit heads will be shit heads, no matter what colours they are wearing.

I'm no expert only a student, but like others I believe it may be a PCL because of the way the knee hyperextended, so may not be as bad as many people are thinking

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of times they can, other times they can't and need the scans..

Sometimes the acl sits in a spot that still gives a sense of stability.. A player in the sanfl a while ago hurt his knee (was an acl tear) and played the following week, suddenly it moved and he lost the stability and went down..

You can also stretch the acl, which i did once.. It has a point it will stretch to and if the force is too much, that's when it tears..

Sincerely hope he's ok, Hawks are my 2nd fave team and Buddy is my favourite player to watch when he's flying.. Love when the Hawks will be on tv just to watch him..

yeah, this happened to a young guy in a western derby a few years back, tim ruffles, the kid ran back and colided with darren glass twisting his knee. took his kick, kicked an unbelievable goal to win the game. ran back to his position on the wing, and then crumpled in a heap on the ground without anyone touching him.... they are funny things acl's... john worsfold ran off the field with his... i just hope for the sake of the game buddy is ok... i had a mate come over from overseas and introduced him to the afl.... buddy was the first player i showed him, and of course he turned it on against the tigers... he is a freak and great for the game

Really sorry to see Buddy go down and I hope for a speedy recovery :(

He's a freak to watch.

Keep your heads up Hawks supporters cuz the news may not be as bad as you think :thumbsu:

That was an 'unconfirmed report' that emanated from the room almost as soon as Buddy went down there. Peter Larkins injury forecasting, I'd suspect.

Cheers for that
I've heard enough Larkins forecasting to be put off for life - likes to scream out ACL when a bloke bends down to scratch his knee

Chances are the injury is already diagnosed, Hawks are probably just waiting for 2nd opinions on the slight chance diagnosis is wrong

Same where I was sitting behind the Goals. When Menzel went off, a lot of Hawks supporters clapped him, when Buddy went off Cats Supporters couldn't have been happier. They showed a complete lack of respect which was DISGRACEFUL.

All teams have some scum as fans. Especially when people are emotional too, they can say/do some thnigs they would regret when they are more level headed.

Just a shit night, really. Great win for Geelong, but any match with injuries like that is a shit night. I guess we've had serious injuris to both Buddy and Roughy in matches vs Geelong this year. Maybe there is a hoodoo. Just devestated.

First thing I thought when I saw it was ACL. Then they did the side action slo-mo and saw the knee hyper-extending back and knew it was going to be a PCL. Hopefully it is just a strain... but either way, Buddy's season is over.

If he has fractured the tibia and torn the PCL then his recovery will be complicated because they cant fix the PCL until the tibia is recovered because of the stress the repaired ligament will put on the fracture.

Watching Kreuzer run off the ground with his ACL last year makes me think that no top level sports person needs injuries like this in their lives. Hopefully Buddy makes a full recovery and is back playing ASAP.

Bloody disgrace, Hawks fans or any fans that cheer an injury are just low lifes. They have no class.

Felt really sorry for Menzel, I hate seeing a young talent like that get a serious injury.

Crap night, Menzel and Buddy out.

Still in shock hope Buddy's injury is not long term and is bone bruising that has been reported in other threads.n

You should've heard the magpies fans when Riewoldt did his hammy last year

Cheering any injury is purely inexcusable

Let's hope the scans and club announcment brings better news tomorrow. What a disappointing result and I hope Bud and Menzel make speedy recoveries.

just the worst news. can't have our best players missing from our game. hopefully its only bruised and will make a come back as soon as possible. The game is worse off without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back