Injury Buddy Hell! everything to do with Buddy's injury in here please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible terrible footage. I remember the Stafford case and it wasn't that bad. Hope the same applies here. Buddy is essential for all footy fans to enjoy the finals. He was great tonight. Good luck for his recovery.

The mechanism of injury looks like a pcl not an acl

Wait for the scan but expect the worst

Does a crack in a bone potentially complicate the recovery?

F**********K!! I feel physically sick.

Poor Buddy. It's amazing how much of an affect he has on one's day to day life. I'm gonna be mourning for days about this. He is a true hero and superstar. Wish him a quick return. Life is just not worth living if he's not out playing for the Hawks. :(

when can we expect to hear news?

and i mean REAL news from scans etc, not bullshit rumor mongering from hutchy and co.

It seems Geelong has just confirmed Menzel's as an ACL.

Absolutely devasting for the Hawks. 2011 is shot but that doesn't concern me, it's the future with Roughie struggling with recovery and now Buddy :(
Be very suprised if Roughie ever comes back 100%.To be honest all of a sudden ,the future doesn't look that bright with our current list ,they're not good enough.

Very bad news guys... for Hawthorn and for finals - he's easily the most exciting to watch IMO.

All the best for a speedy recovery!

Richard Tambling says hi.

In all seriousness you would be praying this is a 3-4 week injury and not an ACL which means he has next year off. Given a player of buddys athletic ability if he loses that it would be a real shame. You only have to look at guys like Kouta and nathan Brown to see what bad leg injuries can do to their form long term.

when can we expect to hear news?

and i mean REAL news from scans etc, not bullshit rumor mongering from hutchy and co.

yeah far out, and damien barrett. I want to hear the real stuff, im not going to sleep well tonight. poor buddy :(

Can't they confirm ACL's straight away?

The longer we don't hear, the worse it is

Without doubt, I am now in the bargaining stage. I am thinking along the lines, that I don't care about this year, next week - whatever, won't care if we lose by 20 goals to the Sainst - as long as Buddy is okay for next year.

This worse than the worst.

We've had more than our share of serious injuries in the past 3 seasons. How about the man upstairs giving us a fair go for a change? :mad:
I couldn't believe how unlucky the Hawks had been after 2008 before this year, but seriously this year has been unbelievable. Now Buddy too, seriously wtf this just isn't good for football. Fingers crossed its something minor. Good luck for next week Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bruce just said that latest word from the rooms that it could be bone bruising

4 weeks off

Be very suprised if Roughie ever comes back 100%.To be honest all of a sudden ,the future doesn't look that bright with our current list ,they're not good enough.

Roughy will be fine if he is shifted to CHB, a lot less stress on the body. Heaven knows we are crying out for a 'gorilla' backman. Win for player win for the club in my opinion.

Hope it's not serious. Was such an inocuous way to injure imself.. I've done the same thing before and torn my meniscus, which was only 6 weeks out. Hopefully it's not an ACL. Season won't be as interesting next year if Buddy is missing.

Heart goes out to Menzel too, 19, playing a great game in his first final and now faces a year on the sidelines :(

Can't they confirm ACL's straight away?

The longer we don't hear, the worse it is

When I did my ACL the doc looked at my knee, put his hands on it, yanked the knee and said ACL

Took 5 seconds and about $200 bucks

Does a crack in a bone potentially complicate the recovery?

Not sure griz

Only just got home from the ground and not yet seen the replay but live it looked like the foot stuck the femur jarred forward on the tibia hence ?pcl but really just need to wait for the MRI

I was absolutely gutted to see Menzel go down so can't imagine how it feels losing someone like Buddy (especially in junk time). The two injuries seemed to overshadow the win tonight I thought. Almost felt a little hollow in the end.

Felt great to break the hoodoo but hopefully both players bounce bounce back as Buddy brings people to the game and Menzel looks like he's capable of the same.

I'd be very surprised if it's an ACL...most likely its a PCL, meaning a very good outcome for a full preseason and no functional deficit. Bring on 2012!

Okay, I'm in the mood for this. So what is it you don't like about Buddy? Is he too exciting, does he kick too many goals .. umpires love him too much ... no, that can't be it.
Not the time for me to go into it, but as I said I just hate a good footballer to go down like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back