Brisbane and Gold Coast will play for the ....... Cup?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sure Faceoff and Duel were the frontrunners last year on a thread, but they came from BFposters.

The 'Sunshine Stoush' came from a journo earlier this year, and Meltdown was from a poster on this thread. I'll check - FAIRLEY. :D:thumbsu:

So hopefully we can keep the faceless honchos away from this critical Qld spat.

BTW, has anyone else noticed that Lions=Leo ruled by Sun (GC)
God I hope thats not an omen. Those faceless bast**ds strike again.

Yeah - Stunts was good, Test Drive (the original) was my fav though.

Might have to load up my emulator again - I have a hankering for some Commodore magic.

Edit - apologies all, OT post.

Guys, I went out to Southport today to watch the Suns for the want of anything better to do.

We have all missed the most obvious name for a Cup, or a Medal or something.

There is only one player to ever don the great jumper of the Lions and the other jumper of the Suns as well.

We should be competing for "The Joel Tippett Medal":thumbsu:

People it could be the Ashcroft Cup with the BOG winning the Shaun Hart Medal (His greatest claim was the Norm smith in the first Lions flag)

We could dubb it "The Southeast S###fight"

More realisticly, the "Queensland Cup", - After all, doesn't everyone down there think that QLD finishes at Nambour?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit too risky, I'm afraid. No doubt it will only end up coming out like one of the following:

Clark Keating's Clacker
Crackers Keating's Crack
Clark Keating's Cracker's Clap

:eek:

That's a bit too risky, I'm afraid. No doubt it will only end up coming out like one of the following:

Clark Keating's Clacker
Crackers Keating's Crack
Clark Keating's Cracker's Clap

:eek:

Yeah, it would be worth getting Glen Jakovich to commentate our derbies just to hear him try and say it.

QClash.

After a slow start to the new derby - a match that will be known as the Queensland Clash or 'Qclash' in premiership season matches between the two Queensland teams - the Lions sprung to life and turned the game on its head with a seven-goal-to-one second quarter.

Opinions?

Personally think it sounds a bit s**t. Smacks a bit of the iSnack wank factor. Personally liked the suggestion of "Sunshine Stoush" as I read somewhere the other day. "The Stoush" sounds much better than "The Clash" (although London Calling was a hell of an album).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back