List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve just attracted a KPD when we’re stone motherless. If we do need talls, we could trade for one when necessary. It shouldn’t get any harder to attract quality from here.
This is exactly how I feel.
Was it the Sydney list manager who said ‘Draft the best available at your pick & trade for what you need’ or something along those lines.
You’ve only got to look at the last three premiership teams for examples of a club trading in mature/in their prime key position talent Cameron (GEE), May (MEL) & Lynch (RICH) as they’re entering or already in their premiership window.
That should only get easier as we move up the ladder + Clarko factor.

Assuming we draft a KPP next year, by the time he develops, McKay is 30, Larkey 29, Simpkin 28 etc. There’s good mids at the top of every draft and it takes balls to draft the more risky KPP during the beginning of a rebuild, but Carlton showed that it can come off big time.
Big time? Is this the same Carlton that haven’t played a final in a decade?
I think they have built a good list & drafting Weitering, McKay & Curnow in the same draft was an amazing return. However, it hasn’t gotten them anywhere… yet.
There is nothing wrong with the ages of those you listed... Geelong just won the flag with half their team (and their best players) being 29+

Assuming we draft a KPP next year, by the time he develops, McKay is 30, Larkey 29, Simpkin 28 etc. There’s good mids at the top of every draft and it takes balls to draft the more risky KPP during the beginning of a rebuild, but Carlton showed that it can come off big time.
If you take 100 shots, a couple are bound to eventually stick. I don’t think their drafting deserves to be complimented tbh.

Big time? Is this the same Carlton that haven’t played a final in a decade?
I think they have built a good list & drafting Weitering, McKay & Curnow in the same draft was an amazing return. However, it hasn’t gotten them anywhere… yet.
There is nothing wrong with the ages of those you listed... Geelong just won the flag with half their team (and their best players) being 29+
The beauty of what Carlton has done is that it gives them a longer period to contend. It means the keys and mids enter their prime at around the same time, rather than waiting for one to catch up.

Going 3/3 in keys at the beginning of their rebuild is no luck.
Might be a bit to do with the quality available at that moment.

No point taking a tall kid just because he's tall if you don't think he'll cut it.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’d have to think we’d be coming off a long run up to have a crack at the Kings. Saints will be heading south and Gold Coast will always be a hole without soul.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back