List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

images
jigsaw puzzle satisfying GIF

The jigsaw is now complete..
Still need a list manager, Luffy's replacement.

Stephenson, LDU will be 27, Scott, Thomas will be 26, Phillips, Powell will be 24, Goater, Curtis will be 23, Wardlaw, Sheezel, George will be 22.

This isn’t McKay, Larkey, Simpkins prime or bust IMO. We should be looking at setting ourselves for multiple windows over these guys careers.
Or one big one.

Agree with everyone who has said it - that was a great interview. Shocking when the interviewers actually have some relevant questions. Brady normally doesn’t say much of anything but he spoke really well. Loved the gang of young blokes attending the draft night to welcome all the boys.

Last edited:
That interview seems to reveal a certain Pygmalion effect going on with My Fair Brady, which happens with good support.

Professor Alistair Clarkson: [Face to face with Brady.]

Think what you’re trying to accomplish. Think what you’re dealing with. The majesty and grandeur of the drafting process. It’s the greatest possession we have. The noblest choices that ever flowed through the minds of selectors are contained in its extraordinary, imaginative, and musical mixtures of picks. And that's what you've set yourself out to conquer Brady. And conquer it you will.

[Slumping back in his chair.] Now, try it again.

Brady: [Haltingly.] “The name we obtain plays mainly to our gain.”

Clarkson: What was that?

Brady: [Dawning realisation]“The name we obtain plays mainly to our gain.”

Todd Viney removes a copy of The Age, covering his aching head, stunned by what he's hearing.

Clarkson: Again…

Brady: [Loudly and confidently.] “The name we obtain plays mainly to our gain.”

Clarkson: I think he’s got it. I think he’s got it.

Brady: [Singing]. “The name we obtain plays mainly to our gain.”

Clarkson: By GEORGE he’s got it. By GEORGE, he’s got it!

Well done NMFC on the Georges and The Little Princes, Harry and Harvey. Onwards and upwards.

That interview seems to reveal a certain Pygmalion effect going on with My Fair Brady, which happens with good support.

Professor Alistair Clarkson: [Face to face with Brady.]

Think what you’re trying to accomplish. Think what you’re dealing with. The majesty and grandeur of the drafting process. It’s the greatest possession we have. The noblest choices that ever flowed through the minds of selectors are contained in its extraordinary, imaginative, and musical mixtures of picks. And that's what you've set yourself out to conquer Brady. And conquer it you will.

[Slumping back in his chair.] Now, try it again.

Brady: [Haltingly.] “The name we obtain plays mainly to our gain.”

Clarkson: What was that?

Brady: [Dawning realisation]“The name we obtain plays mainly to our gain.”

Todd Viney removes a copy of The Age, covering his aching head, stunned by what he's hearing.

Clarkson: Again…

Brady: [Loudly and confidently.] “The name we obtain plays mainly to our gain.”

Clarkson: I think he’s got it. I think he’s got it.

Brady: [Singing]. “The name we obtain plays mainly to our gain.”

Clarkson: By GEORGE he’s got it. By GEORGE, he’s got it!

Well done NMFC on the Georges and The Little Princes, Harry and Harvey. Onwards and upwards.
544CF642-2E78-4EF5-AC50-751CD90D62C3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I look at it, by securing the two picks, we built in some insurance on our choice. Using pick 1 on a medium size forward is a big call, so having the luxury of taking Wardlaw as well means that Sheezel is not such a gamble. And the reverse is also true. It would have been a risk to use pick 1 on a kid who has suffered multiple hamstring injuries, but having the luxury of picking Sheezel means that Wardlaw is not so much of a gamble. Obviously sooky-la-la is part of the equation but he was never going to deliver for us as we've come to appreciate.
It's probably been said by others. But by selecting a pair of players at 2 and 3 means we don't have that expectation of pick 1 hanging over one of the player's head as well those two being able to share the load of expectation that comes with being a top 5/10 pick.

Yeah they may have only rated Hayes and decided to look at the top 23 for 2023 draft, there's a lot of forwards and defenders in that mix.
But what happens at our picks the popular term of best available it’s mids.
Say we have picks 5 and 10 - first 4 picks could be all talls taken

We’ve just attracted a KPD when we’re stone motherless. If we do need talls, we could trade for one when necessary. It shouldn’t get any harder to attract quality from here.

Last edited:
I'm no draft expert but would appear Caddy should still be chance depending where Port pick is in top 10. Interesting whether they go a utlity type like Moir. Is Pickett Jnr more of a forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back