Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

How would we all feel about something like this:

OUTVALUEINVALUE
CarltonPick 32234 (Pick 3)Pick 42034 (Pick 4)
Kennedy556 (Pick 33)Pick 25756 (Pick 25)
AdelaidePick 42034 (Pick 4)Pick 32234 (Pick 3)
F3347 ('25 Pick 45)F4112 ('25 Pick 63)
BulldogsDaniel556 (Pick 33)Kennedy556 (Pick 33)
North MelbournePick 25756 (Pick 25)Daniel556 (Pick 33)
F4112 (2025 Pick 63)F3347 (2025 Pick 45)

(Just realized the above formatting is horrible on the phone. Here's a simplified version for you all)

CARLTON:
OUT: Pick 3 (2234) + Kennedy (556) = 2790
IN: Pick 4 (2034) + Pick 25 (756) = 2790

ADELAIDE:
OUT: Pick 4 (2034) + F3 (347) = 2381
IN: Pick 3 (2234) + F4 (112) = 2346

WB:
OUT: Daniel (556) = 556
IN: Kennedy (556) = 556

North Melbourne:
OUT: Pick 25 (756) + F4 (112) = 868
IN: Daniel (556) + F3 (347) = 903

It's somewhat difficult to project exactly where a future pick would come, so I just based it off each team giving up the 9th pick of the specified round.

Also not 100% sure how high Daniel is rated, but seems like around the mark based on some other trade scenarios I've seen floated around.

In this scenario, we would be able to maximize return for MK by getting another pick (hopefully) ahead of the BC bid. Adelaide move up a spot and snag Draper, while we would still have access to one of Smith/Lalor/FOS (all potential #1 picks). Bulldogs straight swap makes sense. North Melbourne get Daniel for the equivalent of Pick 33 which, as mentioned above, I think is probably around the mark.

Appreciate the effort, just don't like it.

We put a lot in to trade up to 3, now we're moving down a spot and losing Kennedy for the sake of bringing in pick 25...

Tbh, I'd much rather we just kept 3 and Kennedy.

That 1 spot push back could actually be really significant...

For sure. But I'd like to see us play less of a crash and bash style that leads to more than half the team looking jaded/worn out by round 17/18.

How long will Charlie last flying in packs of ten for the next 5 years. He needs easier goals to support longevity. Charlie playing for 6-7 games with a sore ankle and not being able to perform is a great example of what I mean.

High down the line followed up by high into the fwd line will lead to more situations like he just suffered.

Just my opinion.

Fair chance that crash and bash style also contributes to our questionable disposal efficiency at times as well.

I was pruning the roses today and thought hey, maybe this is similar to what Austin is doing at the club.

First cutting away any deadwood (Marchbank, Martin, Cuners), then the tricky part cutting away healthy parts to balance the shape and create space for future new growth (Owies, Kennedy).

In the end the pruning is great for the health and development of the plant.
Should have pruned those roses weeks ago. Winter is best time…..

For sure. But I'd like to see us play less of a crash and bash style that leads to more than half the team looking jaded/worn out by round 17/18.

How long will Charlie last flying in packs of ten for the next 5 years. He needs easier goals to support longevity. Charlie playing for 6-7 games with a sore ankle and not being able to perform is a great example of what I mean.

High down the line followed up by high into the fwd line will lead to more situations like he just suffered.

Just my opinion.
Agreed, I just think our list up until now has been built around crash and bash footy, hence why we're making such aggressive list changes

Kennedy > Bulldogs for Pick 25 (via North Melbourne in trade for Macrae/Daniels)

Kemp > Saints for Pick 32+F2

Pick 25+StK F2 > GWS Pick 16

Pick 3 - Draper/Lalor/FOS/Smith
Pick 16 - Berry/Hotton/Hannaford
Pick 32 - O'Farrell/Dennis/Mraz
Match Bids - Ben + Lucas

What a glorious glorious off season it would be!
I think Dennis is grossly under-rated on most draft boards. Based upon how clubs snapped up talls in last years draft, I'd expect Mraz & O'Farrell to be gone by 32.

So according to the Saints board Kemp is being squeezed due to cap tightness, we told him to look around, we should be happy for 32 & next year they are taking TDK from us 😂
The delusion is strong over there!
Whoever gave Stavro a day off - great work, they are mighty upset by that too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So according to the Saints board Kemp is being squeezed due to cap tightness, we told him to look around, we should be happy for 32 & next year they are taking TDK from us 😂
The delusion is strong over there!
Whoever gave Stavro a day off - great work, they are mighty upset by that too
Why would TDK go there and leave us? We almost beat them without McKay curnow and him and we are about to add another young gun. They are a delusional fan base

Lucky enough to be heading to the airport now for a Carlton in business event today in Adelaide at the Penfolds winery and Cook, Wright, Sayers and others will all be present so I’ll do everything I can to get some intel today before the trade deadline.
Just don't live up to your name after the wine samplings please.

Why would TDK go there and leave us? We almost beat them without McKay curnow and him and we are about to add another young gun. They are a delusional fan base
I really like the part where they pulled stats and over the last 25yrs to justify that they are better than us 😂
Jeez it must be hard work on that board, some good posters but the bad have less than a handful of brain cells to share - the “Make St Kilda Great Again” vibe is strong 😂

Simply cannot see us getting 25 for Kennedy, would be an incredible result if we did.
It’s been mentioned now - already injected & pulsing through my veins - anything else just won’t get it done for me…

black and white eyes GIF

Appreciate the effort, just don't like it.

We put a lot in to trade up to 3, now we're moving down a spot and losing Kennedy for the sake of bringing in pick 25...

Tbh, I'd much rather we just kept 3 and Kennedy.

That 1 spot push back could actually be really significant...
Agreed , if Draper is available we take him every day if the week

I was pruning the roses today and thought hey, maybe this is similar to what Austin is doing at the club.

First cutting away any deadwood (Marchbank, Martin, Cuners), then the tricky part cutting away healthy parts to balance the shape and create space for future new growth (Owies, Kennedy).

In the end the pruning is great for the health and development of the plant.

Hopefully the club stops smelling like fertiliser soon...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVII - A return to normalcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back