Autopsy AFL 2022 First Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies Sat Sept 3rd 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 52 21.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 13.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 89 36.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

It's our home ground. You haven't played there since Rd 18. To say that 'it won't be a factor'.. I think you might be wrong there. It does play a part. How do you give it a %. I dunno.

Look at Anfield man.. no crowds.. they lost a lot of games.. crowds back.. 21-22.. didn't lose a game.

You're right in proabably being a factor, albeit a small one. But also quite a few differences.

It is your 'home' ground, but it's also a few other clubs home ground too unlike Liverpool/Anfield.

Given other clubs play home games there (including us), you don't have a monopoly over it. This is our 7th game there this year; we'll be pretty familiar with the ground. This is far less daunting than travelling to a ground for a one-off game.

It's also a final at a convenient time for Geelong fans. Which means you won't have a 90/10 mix of the crowd; the crowd will be relatively neutral. This also nullifies quite a bit of any perceived advantage.

You're right in proabably being a factor, albeit a small one. But also quite a few differences.

It is your 'home' ground, but it's also a few other clubs home ground too unlike Liverpool/Anfield.

Given other clubs play home games there (including us), you don't have a monopoly over it. This is our 7th game there this year; we'll be pretty familiar with the ground. This is far less daunting than travelling to a ground for a one-off game.

It's also a final at a convenient time for Geelong fans. Which means you won't have a 90/10 mix of the crowd; the crowd will be relatively neutral. This also nullifies quite a bit of any perceived advantage.

General speaking.. not having a monopoly on it.. matters in the h&a season.. not as much in the finals.. doesn't mean anything at all in a GF say if a Melbourne based side is up against an interstate side.

I'm not going to say it's gonna be daunting for Geelong.. or you're not familiar with the ground.. you haven't played on it for 7 weeks though.. we've played 14 games on it.. recent one's.. big crowds.. with a lot of noise.. might be the slight edge we need.

The final at a more convenient time won’t be stopping the crowd being 70-80% in Collingwood’s favour.
Even if we break somewhat even in the club allocation’s, it’s the AFL and MCC spots which is more than half the ground, that will be Collingwood fans by a huge majority.

Even if we break somewhat even in the club allocation’s, it’s the AFL and MCC spots which is more than half the ground, that will be Collingwood fans by a huge majority.
MCC will be a fairly even mix with plenty of neutrals, but the AFL members will be 75% black and white.

MCC will be a fairly even mix with plenty of neutrals, but the AFL members will be 75% black and white.
I'm not sure about 75% I'd say around 65%.

Stupid timeslot. I normally go out for a meal before or after the game. So its a 3pm lunch or an 8pm dinner. :drunk:
The timeslot is best for Geelong fans as requested by the clulb. If you don't like it than Collingwood finish top 2 next time. :$

Wow, we win it this year and we'll equal you on 16 flags.

But out 16 won't include 7 fake VFA flags.

All 16 of ours will be actual VFL/AFL flags.

🏆1902 🏆1903 🏆1910 🏆1917 🏆1919
🏆1927 🏆1928 🏆1929 🏆1930 (only fourpeat in VFL/AFL history)
🏆1935 🏆1936 🏆1953 🏆1958 🏆1990 🏆2010
🏆2022 :)praying: )
:collingwood:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last years premiership coach was waiting for us also.

With the same plan that didn't work against you last time. In my view Melbourne haven't shown us anything new this year. They are good at what they do and if allowed to do what they do they win the flag. I reckon teams like Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney and Fremantle have evovled a bit and Richmond has regained a bit of mongrel. It's that constant evolution and regeneration and ageing that changes the final eight each year.

If you guys are kicking coast to coast goals and getting us out the back a la Essendon and Carlton then that will be another classic Cat finals failure as you'll generate enough score to get the job done. While I do rate the Pies and they are a great side to watch I'm backing in Longmire, Hardwick and Scott in particular to shut you down.

Wow, we win it this year and we'll equal you on 16 flags.

But out 16 won't include 7 fake VFA flags.

All 16 of ours will be actual VFL/AFL flags.

🏆1902 🏆1903 🏆1910 🏆1917 🏆1919
🏆1927 🏆1928 🏆1929 🏆1930 (only fourpeat in VFL/AFL history)
🏆1935 🏆1936 🏆1953 🏆1958 🏆1990 🏆2010
🏆2022 :)praying: )
:collingwood:
If we’re only counting real flags (ie AFL era) its 3-2 our way. Catch up.

You can count whatever you want, no-body is stopping you.
Exactly. Only two numbers matter to me.

16 - Club Flags
3 - AFL Flags

Cant wait to see if we can bump up these rookie numbers this year.

the wolf of wall street GIF

Either count AFL only or count Club flags from inception. Anything else is just cherry-picking
This is too funny!
I'll count from 'inception' ...
The VFL's 'inception' or .. first season was 1897.
"
The VFL's inaugural season occurred in 1897. It made several innovations early on to entice the public's interest, including an annual finals tournament, rather than awarding the premiership to the team with the best record through the season; and, the formal establishment of the modern scoring system, in which six points are awarded for a goal, and one point for a behind.

Although the VFL and the VFA continued to compete for spectator interest for many years, the VFL quickly established itself as the premier competition in Victoria ..."

I you seriously having this argument?

Should we include reserves premierships for AFL clubs with stand alone teams since we took over the state league?

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 First Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies Sat Sept 3rd 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Back