Autopsy AFL 2022 First Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies Sat Sept 3rd 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 48 19.8%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 52 21.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 13.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 89 36.8%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 11 4.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I googled “what is a choke in sport” and was taken to the cats membership page where it then asked for my visa. I just want to know if I buy this, will I be able to get into GMHBA for a final or not?
Look into your club's history before throwing stones. No one chokes harder than the Colliwobbles.

Damning? How?
It’s a damning statistic.

Even if the Pies rightfully win, and the Cats put in a good performance, they’ll still be one of the favourites to win the flag, but the whole first week of finals post-bye record will just continue to grow and eat away at the club and supporters.

Not saying it’s right or it’s fair, but it’s the truth.

It’s a damning stat.

It’s a damning statistic.

Even if the Pies rightfully win, and the Cats put in a good performance, they’ll still be one of the favourites to win the flag, but the whole first week of finals post-bye record will just continue to grow and eat away at the club and supporters.

Not saying it’s right or it’s fair, but it’s the truth.

It’s a damning stat.
Only if you care about things that happened a year ago or 5 years ago and believe they are relevant to right here and now.

The Pies may have been brilliant in winning the close ones this year, but this won't be a close one.
Cats far too good.
Luckily for the Pies, they're in the easier half of the draw in terms of meeting the Dockers or Doggies the following week at the G.
Bugger, I planned on actually watching it, guess I’ll have to find something better to do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re talking to a Collingwood supporter here. Does it matter if we lose another Grand Final? Go up 3 posts from here and see what a Geelong supporter posted.
Yeah, it’s funny to tit-for-tat, but I think we all know that the your issues on GF day are simply isolated to that particular day alone. There is no way that Pendlebury has something like this weighing on his mind. He’s just there to win a game.
👍

Only if you care about things that happened a year ago or 5 years ago and believe they are relevant to right here and now.
The history of failure is right there for the cats though!
Pies fans deal with it all the time regarding grand final loses.
Everyone says we are different to previous years to mask the dread of another letdown or say why even bother making it.
We always find a way to mess up and it becomes a real thing.
15 from 44 or thereabouts is real.
Exactly as it is for the pussies, how do you think you got the handbag title?

The history of failure is right there for the cats though!
Pies fans deal with it all the time regarding grand final loses.
Everyone says we are different to previous years to mask the dread of another letdown or say why even bother making it.
We always find a way to mess up and it becomes a real thing.
15 from 44 or thereabouts is real.
Exactly as it is for the pussies, how do you think you got the handbag title?
Of course this is the reality. We’ve lost GFs and finals and have had tags applied, as have you.

But Billy Brownless isn’t playing for us this weekend so it’s a bit of a long bow to apply historical data with different variables to the here and now (although he was an awesome finals player from memory).

The Pies may have been brilliant in winning the close ones this year, but this won't be a close one.
Cats far too good.
Luckily for the Pies, they're in the easier half of the draw in terms of meeting the Dockers or Doggies the following week at the G.
Surely they play Freo at GMHBA? 20k seats should be more than sufficient for that game.

Pies newly found freedom to do shit and dare has been fairly well battle tested the last month or so. You'd have to think the positive attitude is a LARGE factor for them. It wins games. Anyone who has floundered under pressure knows the value of the correct mental state. It's not to be sneezed at.

The longer this interminable bye goes on, the more this FACTOR grows in significance for me.

I think the Cats will need to dispell their own finals demons early, and if they do, they can and should win.

But if Pies' mad effervesence is allowed to BUBBLE, game on.

Pies newly found freedom to do s**t and dare has been fairly well battle tested the last month or so. You'd have to think the positive attitude is a LARGE factor for them. It wins games. Anyone who has floundered under pressure knows the value of the correct mental state. It's not to be sneezed at.

The longer this interminable bye goes on, the more this FACTOR grows in significance for me.

I think the Cats will need to dispell their own finals demons early, and if they do, they can and should win.

But if Pies' mad effervesence is allowed to BUBBLE, game on.

I reckon that teams that defend well like Geelong, Sydney and Richmond are going to be effective at shutting down that Pie run that can be so dangerous. Freo defend well too but don't appear to be as dangerous offensively. I reckon the old hard arse coaches Longmire, Scott and Hardwick will have the solution to the Pie puzzle and unravel it accordingly. Time will tell I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy AFL 2022 First Qualifying Final - Cats v Pies Sat Sept 3rd 4:35pm EST (MCG)

Back