Preview Adelaide Crows v Hawthorn, Thursday, 18 June 2015, 7.50pm AEST @ AO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Birchall Poppy Out Suckers Litherland. Such a vital game to our season

I can't see Suckers getting dropped this week.

Clarko even mentioned in his last presser how much we benefit from the outside run of Smith, Hill, Hartung and Suckling.

No way we can't get it done this week, only way we can lose is if the boys chose not to turn up. The other mob struggle to field a team.

Last week we got Sloane back, by this game we will get Douglas, Henderson, Lever, possibly Brad Crouch (first AFL game this year) back too. Only best 22 players still out are Kerridge and Jaensch (ACL). Near full strength.

I reckon it's better for the team. They still get an extended break mid-season but not so long that they might lose focus or the momentum of the last 2 wins. Plus we get a 9 day break following the Adelaide game.
I would think this is a good thing. Having 11 days off with our bye instead of 14 is better than having 3 extra 6 day breaks instead of 7 (or 7 instead of 8) that we'd have to have if we had 14 days off for our bye.

That make sense? There are only so many days in the season after-all.

Yes, you both make a good points from a football POV. I was thinking more of our players, will they get their full break? Given this was an initiative of the players association I would have thought the players would have an expectation of, I think, a full four day break.

Hi guys,

Wasn't totally sure where to post this but here seems appropriate. With the bye this week I have decided to do a report card style review of Hawthorn's season on my blog. It's just a brief summation of the positive and negatives, looking at a few specific players too. So if you have a few minutes to kill and want to check it out then that would be great (even if you don't, just opening the link will help me out as another 'view'). - http://www.fansunite.com.au/2015/06/09/12461/afl-mid-season-report-card-hawthorn

Hopefully we'll be fired up after the bye and can put the Crows away. Beating them over there last season was a really big effort from us, it was a pivotal win in our season I think. Let's hope we can repeat it.

We'll be able to tell within 5 minutes of the crows game whether the boys are really up for the three peat. It's tough games like this away from home that set up successful finals campaigns.
The win against the crows at footy park in '08 was my favourite h & a game that season, this game has a similar feel to it. Really need to start well and keep the ferals quiet. Can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last week we got Sloane back, by this game we will get Douglas, Henderson, Lever, possibly Brad Crouch (first AFL game this year) back too. Only best 22 players still out are Kerridge and Jaensch (ACL). Near full strength.

Compares his team to the bye, says it all really.

Last edited:
I went to the Crows v Freo game, the crows played a pretty intense physical style. Their skills are ordinary however.

If we bring the nonsense/contact aware style we did against Essendon/GWS they will win. If we bring any sort of intensity we will win.

All those in favor of the 'BYE' raise your hand:

View attachment 142605

I came across David Shepherd once at a big service station, early on a Saturday morning.

It was about 20 years ago and I'd pulled an all nighter of reasonable debauchery and was still feeling the effects of a fairly heady cocktail of various mood adjusters, me and my mate followed him around, giggling like school girls before approaching ....the look on his face, I think he thought we were going to mug him, we certainly didn't look like cricket aficionados ....anyone all I could hear my voice say was 'Where does that hopping thing come from when the score reaches 111 or 222'....his look changed from fear to a belief that he was dealing with a couple of care in the community ******s.....which to be fair wasn't a million miles from the truth.

In hindsight I've always wished that I'd gone up to him with a pen and paper and said 'Dicky, Dicky, I'm a huge fan, can I have your autograph'.

Cannot recall when Hawks last lost a Thursday night match. Their intensity and effort in the first five minutes will tell if they can get the job done.I actually think they play the ground well.

Ignore them mate, question, what was wrong with Brad Crouch??

And how is Matt coming along?

As for the game in a week, it's good to see both clubs are relatively full strength. Should be a cracker!

Cheers. Brad broke his foot in the pre-season showdown and hasn't played a game this year. Carbon copy of his season last year. Broken leg in pre-season showdown, missed the first 12 rounds, then came in and averaged 30 possessions. Hopefully he does the same this year. Is an absolute gun but we've missed him having a full season the last 2 years.
Matt hasn't had a decent run of full games yet. Has been sub many times again this year. When he's on, he's a gun too. Really needs to be given a decent run of half a dozen games to really start to show his potential. Is a ball magnet just like his brother. Subbed on last week against carlton and had 9 disposals and 4 tackles in a quarter. Could equate to a 36 possession and 16 tackle game.
I don't expect us to win, but think we will make it a very tight game on our home deck.

Cheers. Brad broke his foot in the pre-season showdown and hasn't played a game this year. Carbon copy of his season last year. Broken leg in pre-season showdown, missed the first 12 rounds, then came in and averaged 30 possessions. Hopefully he does the same this year. Is an absolute gun but we've missed him having a full season the last 2 years.
Matt hasn't had a decent run of full games yet. Has been sub many times again this year. When he's on, he's a gun too. Really needs to be given a decent run of half a dozen games to really start to show his potential. Is a ball magnet just like his brother. Subbed on last week against carlton and had 9 disposals and 4 tackles in a quarter. Could equate to a 36 possession and 16 tackle game.
I don't expect us to win, but think we will make it a very tight game on our home deck.
Doesn't tend to work like that. If you know you only need to play a quarter you can go much harder rather than having to conserve energy for another 3 quarters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back