Toast A Positive place for Crows fans to rejoice in what is an exciting time

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, skills not great but the Crows cracked in for the whole game. A full game from Doedee and we win for sure.

McPherson is looking like a very handy player, a bargain at pick 40. Love his maturity and composure. Keays another bargain - has grabbed his second chance with both hands.

And how good was Doedee's bump?

Managed to get elite in the pressure rating for the first time in how long? They had a decent crack let down by skills.

Have been improving week on week for 3 weeks now and next week we have another team in shit form. We should have won today. I hope we win next week. Happy with a 1 win season to seal pick 1 but really want to avoid 0-17.

We have seen some really good signs and we have stopped being blown away. Let's build.

McAsey hasn’t actually done anything yet but he shows some good signs. He’s bloody slow but good attack at the footy, clunked a couple of marks today and seems to be able to fire off a quick handpass under pressure

Good on you for starting this thread.

I learnt the true pain of supporting a through Wolverhampton Wanderers - being relegated in successive seasons from the Premier League in 2011/12 down to League 1 in 2013/14. You learn to take nothing for granted. Wolves are now 6th in the Premier League and playing European Football.

I really think that whilst this is a dark day in the history of the AFC, it gives the opportunity for new light to spark, and as a supporter it is a truly humbling experience. We've gone from being one win away from greatness, to now, anchored at the pits. I now value each and every good thing we do in match-day. Yes, at the moment, there's not heaps of highlights, but there's more than enough to be positive about. Perspective.
wouldnt mind an Adama Traore type in the midfield. Built like a rugby player with the speed of a 100m sprinter

I couldn't find the Adam Kelly Thread

but I'd like to call out Adam Kelly, his presser today was, to be quite frank, the most articulate, composed presser I have seen from a non football player AFC person in 3 years.

Thank **** we've got someone professional in charge.

but I'd like to call out Adam Kelly, his presser today was, to be quite frank, the most articulate, composed presser I have seen from a non football player AFC person in 3 years.

Thank fu** we've got someone professional in charge.

Chalk and cheese compared to Burton talking about Lever's departure.

Watching the Geelong game again and Sholl’s ability to still execute a good kick under pressure is something you can’t teach, he definitely has ‘it’. Once he builds his fitness and can get to more contests his disposal count will go up and his kicking will be a weapon for us.

Also, our pressure in the last quarter didn’t drop off to the degree I thought it did. Geelong got two goals in the last minute when the game was done and we absolutely had chances to score in that last quarter. None of Geelong’s goals were easy either, they had to work hard for them. Our pressure gauge didn’t drop below 200. Even the last centre clearance Geelong got wasn’t clean and we were able to turn it over before it reached their forward 50.

Matt’s pressure and kicking were back to his best too. 99 pressure acts (most I believe by any player this season) and he was clean and positive with his disposals.

Thank fu** we've got someone professional in charge.
I saw that too. He was very impressive.

That Shane McAdam goal against the Cats - nearly the goal of the year for me. The degree of difficulty was extremely high, with the elite speed shown, the composure to toe-poke it ahead of goal, whilst 3 Cats defenders were hot on his heels, and a 4th one on his periphery. Then the gather and goal!
Quickly becoming one of my favourite new players.

That Shane McAdam goal against the Cats - nearly the goal of the year for me. The degree of difficulty was extremely high, with the elite speed shown, the composure to toe-poke it ahead of goal, whilst 3 Cats defenders were hot on his heels, and a 4th one on his periphery. Then the gather and goal!
I reckon he's come on more than most expected.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I agree. The degree of difficulty was high. For him to stay on his feet and beat 3 star players was pure brilliance. I think that is equal to any of Betts goals of the year.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Highlight of our year

How’s his hammy? Was supposedly tight after the game. Do you guys expect him to be ok for Tuesday?

I have an idea for pregame entertainment starting 2021.

My idea is to engage with our past and remind fans of our clubs journey pre game.

5aa every week are talking about a song to pump fans up before games. I don't think a song on its own suits.

My idea:
Song - Holy Grail

But with a twist

We play the best of the best player highlights from our history with full commentary on the big screen over the top as the banner goes up followed by the players and club song.

Think the best marks, the best goals, grand final highlights with individual player highlights from past champions: Modra, McLeod, Riccuito, the Jarman Brothers, Walker, Betts and others.

I can tell you if done right that would pump every crows fan and footy lover up.

LOVED the game versus Hawks, it really is amazing what a bit of confidence can do for a young group.

It got me thinking a lot of what we will look like in 2022 season.

I am pumped.

Name (Age)

FB: Brown (29) / Butts (22) / McPherson (22)
HB: Worrell (21) / McAsey (21) / Doedee (24)
C: Sholl (22) / MCrouch (26) / Hamill (21)
HF: Milera (24) / Fogarty (23) / Murphy (23)
FF: Stengle (23) / Himmelberg (24) / McAdam (26)
FOLL: O'Brien (26) / Schoenberg (21) / Laird (28)

INT/Others: Talia (30) / McHenry (21) / Jones (22) / Sloane (32) / Smith (30) / Keays (25) / Gollant (19) / O'Connor (21)

PLUS potentially 4-5x 1st round draft picks, 5-6 2nd-3rd round draft picks including talented academy kids Edwards, Newchurch, Borlase etc.

And that's not considering the possible trade additions - Jackson Hately , Jack Graham etc

MARK MY WORDS - We are entering a New Era.

Through the addition of Lachlan Sholl, Will Hamill, Harry Schoenberg - Hasn't our field kicking improved! Wow.

Sholl really showed alot last night. What a talent.

Through the addition of Lachlan Sholl, Will Hamill, Harry Schoenberg - Hasn't our field kicking improved! Wow.

Sholl really showed alot last night. What a talent.

Sholl could easily end up the best kick in the league. Genuinely elite kick on both sides of his body.

Is still very raw, but certainly has AA potential.

I have an idea for pregame entertainment starting 2021.

My idea is to engage with our past and remind fans of our clubs journey pre game.

5aa every week are talking about a song to pump fans up before games. I don't think a song on its own suits.

My idea:
Song - Holy Grail

But with a twist

We play the best of the best player highlights from our history with full commentary on the big screen over the top as the banner goes up followed by the players and club song.

Think the best marks, the best goals, grand final highlights with individual player highlights from past champions: Modra, McLeod, Riccuito, the Jarman Brothers, Walker, Betts and others.

I can tell you if done right that would pump every crows fan and footy lover up.

This is a great idea. Send it to the Club.

This is a great idea. Send it to the Club.
I think as a crows fan, imagine watching that though pre game every home game. We get our new recruits to watch this vision and remind them of how good this is and where it can go. I think this would be a huge boost to the image of the club both with interstate fans and our own supporters who may have never seen some of the past.

Feeling better about Nicks and the way he’s actually improved some players.. Laird and M Crouch in particular

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back