Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would you want to go to the Saints with their spectacularly unsuccessful history? One flag in 127 years.

Then again, he may be into burning dwarfs. They are okay at that.
They tend to miss on the A grade targets. They've had a decent crack over the years.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

X is just a battler for now, but I think he could become more than that. But he is at least breaking even in his contests, I'm not sure how many others can claim that. Or could claim that they work as hard as he does.
exactly.gif

Is that so? I've read that he's going to St Kilda, I've read that he's going to Collingwood and heard a whisper that Adelaide would be VERY interested if he doesn't resign with us, so what that tells me is he can't end up at all three clubs can he?
David Tennant GIF by Doctor Who

I think adelaide and collingwood reference are made up by you to fill in the gaps.

Only the saints is close to legit as it has been officially reported here, on X and actually on Gettable.

We will def be getting a band 1 for him, split that into 2 picks in the tens and trade for 2 experienced role players, e.g. dion prestia and caddy to richmond in 2016.

More often than not, some under performing but highly prized player leaves, it causes a cascading effect that forces the evolution of the list to find a new balance...usually a better balance.

I just have this gut feeling, further reenforced after the Q&A, that LDU, Zurhaar and some others were told that this is only year 1.5 of our rebuild… and that very realisation didn’t go down well.

I highly agree with the 1.5, if anything, i would say year 1 of proper full rebuild under clarkson.

Our core list will be built around sheezal, those who can't wait or don't want to help build, they need to go and we need to maximise their values to allow the eventual list to become more reinforced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think adelaide and collingwood reference are made up by you to fill in the gaps.

Only the saints is close to legit as it has been officially reported here, on X and actually on Gettable.

We will def be getting a band 1 for him, split that into 2 picks in the tens and trade for 2 experienced role players, e.g. dion prestia and caddy to richmond in 2016.

More often than not, some under performing but highly prized player leaves, it causes a cascading effect that forces the evolution of the list to find a new balance...usually a better balance.
I don't make things up and I don't need to fill in gaps. I read on here or one of the other threads that someone said something about him going to Collingwood as well as St Kilda, Adelaide is an interesting take but the thing I'm curious about is do you believe everything the media says? LDU and Cam judging by most media reports have them either gone or very close to leaving depending who is writing the article in question.

I certainly don't believe either is going just yet, but for different circumstances its a wait and see until the rest of the year, unless you have information that is privy to only people at the club. If indeed the word has got out that say LDU is leaving either at the end of the year or when his contract finishes at the end of 2025 then yes it would be logical to have plans in place to cover him and Cam if he goes as well.

As I've already posted, this years draft and trade, free agency period, can go a few different directions and the one you've suggested isn't a bad idea but they are decisions to be made depending on certain scenarios. If we finish 18th and have pick 1 {hopefully we get some wins to get us of the bottom of the ladder and just maybe LDU and Cam stay and things turn around, or maybe they show some faith in not only Clarko but the club.} and say LDU does leave I don't think there's any doubt that we will get band 1 for him and that of course would get us pick 2.

In that scenario, we could pick the best mid with pick 1 and with pick 2, do as you have pointed out and I've pointed out before or we pick the two best youngsters, or should I say the best midfielder and possibly trade down a couple of spots and get the best key defender. Don't forget what I said earlier in a post, that this year the trade period {which comes before the national draft} will be a very interesting watch and will tell us many things. The last paragraph of your post is indeed correct and has happened at many clubs and will continue to happen, so in my mind, the next four or five months are going to be crucial in more ways than one. :north::north:

Deledio and Griffen left their respective clubs and both missed flags soon after.

We are further back than both those clubs then (particularly Richmond), but what seems like a disaster on face value, often leads to the rebuilding club getting some good picks they can convert into necessary players.

In the next year or 2, clubs will be aggressively pursuing all these top picks that will land in our lap (with Tassie around the corner) if these guys do leave, which is looking likely.

I don't make things up and I don't need to fill in gaps. I read on here or one of the other threads that someone said something about him going to Collingwood as well as St Kilda, Adelaide is an interesting take but the thing I'm curious about is do you believe everything the media says? LDU and Cam judging by most media reports have them either gone or very close to leaving depending who is writing the article in question.

I certainly don't believe either is going just yet, but for different circumstances its a wait and see until the rest of the year, unless you have information that is privy to only people at the club. If indeed the word has got out that say LDU is leaving either at the end of the year or when his contract finishes at the end of 2025 then yes it would be logical to have plans in place to cover him and Cam if he goes as well.

As I've already posted, this years draft and trade, free agency period, can go a few different directions and the one you've suggested isn't a bad idea but they are decisions to be made depending on certain scenarios. If we finish 18th and have pick 1 {hopefully we get some wins to get us of the bottom of the ladder and just maybe LDU and Cam stay and things turn around, or maybe they show some faith in not only Clarko but the club.} and say LDU does leave I don't think there's any doubt that we will get band 1 for him and that of course would get us pick 2.

In that scenario, we could pick the best mid with pick 1 and with pick 2, do as you have pointed out and I've pointed out before or we pick the two best youngsters, or should I say the best midfielder and possibly trade down a couple of spots and get the best key defender. Don't forget what I said earlier in a post, that this year the trade period {which comes before the national draft} will be a very interesting watch and will tell us many things. The last paragraph of your post is indeed correct and has happened at many clubs and will continue to happen, so in my mind, the next four or five months are going to be crucial in more ways than one. :north::north:
We need FORWARDS before backs. Key position. We are begging for it. Our spearhead Larkey is being wasted up forward and the few times we win the ball, we are out-marked/matched/gunned at HF by having a hole at CHF.

It snuffs out any hope. We need hope. We need a CHF.

The Collingwood thing has been reported in the media too FWIW.

The Collingwood thing has been reported in the media too FWIW.

Their cap is usually quite tight, esp for someone who needs 1 mil per year.

Saints the better option but we should be encouraging a bidding war to get the highest.

He will mos def get us a top 5 pick but its what we do that is important.

IMO, we should split his compo to get us 2 experienced midtier player like dion prestion and josh caddy like richmond did in 2016 because we need some experienced bodies to fill in the breach for 3 years until the 2022 crop gets to around 60 games.

Their cap is usually quite tight, esp for someone who needs 1 mil per year.

Saints the better option but we should be encouraging a bidding war to get the highest.

He will mos def get us a top 5 pick but its what we do that is important.

IMO, we should split his compo to get us 2 experienced midtier player like dion prestion and josh caddy like richmond did in 2016 because we need some experienced bodies to fill in the breach for 3 years until the 2022 crop gets to around 60 games.

You know he’s contracted for next year right?

We need FORWARDS before backs. Key position. We are begging for it. Our spearhead Larkey is being wasted up forward and the few times we win the ball, we are out-marked/matched/gunned at HF by having a hole at CHF.

It snuffs out any hope. We need hope. We need a CHF.
Spot on, undersized forwards playing that position have not worked and time and time again Nick's getting ambushed, that is why we picked up Finnbar and Tyler but as I've said previously we need another key forward or two, through the trade Jasper from W.A. and say from the draft as I suspect there will be two or three key forwards who might just have something to say about that top ten in the draft and we will get a good indication at the nationals.

To be fair we need another key defender as well even though we got Will last year and I know Griffin will be coming back once he's ready and plus that small forward role, we need a small forward and that is why this years trade and draft is even more important this year, after our very good pick selections last year plus the fact one or two players MIGHT be leaving us, I'd even go as far to say that with everything that has happened and could happen, this trade/free agency and national draft this year could well be the most important in the clubs history.

Last edited:
Spot on, undersized forwards playing that position have not worked and time and time again Nick's getting ambushed, that is why we picked up Finnbar and Tyler but as I've said previously we need another key forward or two, through the trade Jasper from W.A. and say from the draft as I suspect there will be two or three key forwards who might just have something to say about that top ten in the draft and we will get a good indication at the nationals.

To be fair we need another key defender as well even though we got Will last year and I know Griffin will be coming back once he's ready and plus that small forward role, we need a small forward and that is why this years trade and draft is even more important this year, after our very good pick selections last year plus the fact one or two players MIGHT be leaving us, I'd go even go as far to say that with everything that has happened and could happen, this trade/free agency and national draft this year could well be the most important in the clubs history.
Operation get the Whitlock Twins. No idea how we do it but it'll go a long way to solving issues now into the future.

Like I said this year hunter Clark and LDU want to play together Clark could not get to us so ???? Pick 6 next years first and Howard and membrey might have to do
Clark will be delisted before LDUs contract expires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back