Player Watch #7: Ben Lennon

Remove this Banner Ad

If it comes out that we are the ones giving Ben the tip toe it's a really poor reflection on our recruitment,talent ID etc.
Can't help but think the sooner Luke Williams starts running the show the better.

What about Cripps and Yarran for Lennon and 12?
You'd never get cripps.
I don't mind the idea of trading in a decent young player that's doable but I don't think they have one.
Any form of young talent they have which is sparse I think,they'll be hanging on to.

For me Yarran without a doubt is the better player

But Henderson has more value in todays market due to his 2015 antic's

But at the end of their careers Yarran will be known as the better player hands down

Watch him tear it up the next 8 years at Richmond

I dont know if its me but I cant find those Yarran highlights you posted. I am in my bathrobe now and want to watch it.

Surely, SURELY Ben doesn't want to just walk to Carlton in the PSD..
That would taint him horribly..
A highly rated kid who we spent our first round pick on and injected a lot of time and effort into, only to be repaid by losing him for nothing.
He will have a guaranteed starting 22 spot round 1 next year especially now that Newman has retired. Why would he just blow us off like that?
A 2nd year player who walks out on his club for nothing.. he would be scoffed at in the AFL.

Because the kid can play. If you look at our weekneses, ruck against the best, big bodied midfielder. And small forwards. I understand we don't want to pay too much but you take a big risk of finding someone as good in the next draft.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why didn't we play Lennon in the final?! Watching the Hawthorn replay and he just took a couple of great grabs. :(

Sign mate. Tell Carlton that they can eat a big blue bag of dicks.

Surely, SURELY Ben doesn't want to just walk to Carlton in the PSD..
That would taint him horribly..
A highly rated kid who we spent our first round pick on and injected a lot of time and effort into, only to be repaid by losing him for nothing.
He will have a guaranteed starting 22 spot round 1 next year especially now that Newman has retired. Why would he just blow us off like that?
A 2nd year player who walks out on his club for nothing.. he would be scoffed at in the AFL.
My personal thoughts on lennon are:
1/ Based on pure small foward goalkicking ability i would trade lennon for eddie betts without thinking twice if the option was available.
2/ Based on pure class i would have c.ellis in the side well before lennon.

If anybody has seen lennon on the training track compared to ben cousins you will understand that cousins will to drive himself to the highest level at training was just unbelievable (hence why he was such a great footballer). Lennon on the training track is like a wet paper bag. Lennon has ability but his work ethic is really lacking (wether its fitness or mental attitude is still an unaswered question).

1/ Based on pure small foward goalkicking ability i would trade lennon for eddie betts without thinking twice if the option was available.

If anybody has seen lennon on the training track compared to ben cousins you will understand that cousins will to drive himself to the highest level at training was just unbelievable (hence why he was such a great footballer). Lennon on the training track is like a wet paper bag. Lennon has ability but his work ethic is really lacking (wether its fitness or mental attitude is still an unaswered question).

Just in Lennon defense, he missed his first pre season with a really bad ankle, so it took till most of the year before he started becoming at least base line AFL fit. This year he had a few hip issues as well as a calf which again limited his pre season. We also picked him knowing he will take a few years to get a tank, as he had a limited one, its just that his skills are so good, it was worth the pick.

You are right though, he had issues at the start but he has worked his ass off this year and was rewarded for it in the latter half of the year.

Thank you brother.Finally some sense on here in regards to Ben Lennon.All the talent in the world but his attitude stinks.I hope this past month wakes him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #7: Ben Lennon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back