Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

I do reckon Dusty will probably move interstate once he retires. There's too much media focus on him in Melbourne. Negative focus at that.
Agree. I don't see Martin moving to another club at this stage of his career. His value will remain at top level as a one club man especially merchandise.

While I don't think Dusty will leave (he'll either play on at Richmond or retire), I agree with you on Hardwick. The way he left and then miraculously rediscovered his appetite to coach again was a really shitty act, and now he's after Rioli, Dusty...anyone else? Will he try and poach anyone from somewhere other than Richmond?

He started the rot after the '20 flag by going too far up his own arse. Unfortunately, the rest of the club looks to have done the same and now look where we are.
Dimma has a penchant, nay, a desire deep in his loins to cook the same sausages that as per his declaration, he has already cooked 1000 times. Did he not cook Dusty and Dan enough?

Of course he does. Martin was drafted to Richmond … zero choice of club. We were a rabble. He turned his back on $2m to remain with us in 2017. Was the major reason we had a dynasty. He spent 15-years of his life dedicated to the club. And now we are rebuilding you’ll hold it against him if he chooses to play 1-2 seasons for another club as a 34-35yo when all of his playing mates and senior off field leaders have gone … really?

To be honest if he goes to GC I hope he kills it and I hope they win a flag and he wins a 4th Norm Smith .. because it means the clubs and players I really hate aren’t winning sh*t.

The RFC and us supporters owe Martin a hell of a lot more than he owes us. If he leaves I hope he goes well and he deserves a statue without a question.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kind of funny that the suns are the only team into him because they crave relevance, they've got dimma and yet the only time they make the news is when they are talking about other teams players or a big club is going up to draw a crowd. Martin is still effective with ball in hand, but he has understandably dropped off in other aspects and can't move like he used to. We'd be fine on field if Martin left for the suns just depends on whether or not you can stomach him in another teams colours.

Of course he does. Martin was drafted to Richmond … zero choice of club. We were a rabble. He turned his back on $2m to remain with us in 2017. Was the major reason we had a dynasty. He spent 15-years of his life dedicated to the club. And now we are rebuilding you’ll hold it against him if he chooses to play 1-2 seasons for another club as a 34-35yo when all of his playing mates and senior off field leaders have gone … really?

To be honest if he goes to GC I hope he kills it and I hope they win a flag and he wins a 4th Norm Smith .. because it means the clubs and players I really hate aren’t winning sh*t.

The RFC and us supporters owe Martin a hell of a lot more than he owes us. If he leaves I hope he goes well and he deserves a statue without a question.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Turning his back on lol norfs 2 mill was probably the best decision of his career as he’s made it back 2 times over by staying at the rfc as well through endorsements and merch etc etc .
Also not holding anything against him either , if he wants to go play at a plastic club whatever he wants to do good luck , just don’t think a statue should be built at the club if he does simple

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s say for arguments sake he goes to,the Gold Coast, does he get a statue at punt road? My thought no,

What a silly thing to say. You are way too precious.

Going to the gold coast won't change anything. I could care less. He's at the end of his career and has given the club everything

If he goes good on him. If he retires also good on him.

Honestly i think dusty is a finals player and he knows that he has done all he can at RFC and wants to play out the last years of his AFL career winning big finals and flags. Also the added benefit of escaping the media and hanging with his bikie mates on the Goldy, what not to love?

i heard dusty is planning this years end of footy trip, Broady has done the trip the last 5 years. Heard Broady say this on triple M. conspiracy theorist in me thinks this could be a goodbye trip

Conspiracy theorist in me thinks you're full of it! Broady has handed over the planning of the footy trip to #14 not #4 so it's Tim Taranto at the helm this year.

Honestly i think dusty is a finals player and he knows that he has done all he can at RFC and wants to play out the last years of his AFL career winning big finals and flags. Also the added benefit of escaping the media and hanging with his bikie mates on the Goldy, what not to love?
mate, he's at the end if his career
playing a huge part of winning big finals and flags are a thing of the past.
Be thankful he achieved those thing with us, it won't happen somewhere else.

The only way Dusty would go to Gold Coast is if he wants to play on but feels he's holding things up at Richmond. Reckon he'll just retire. He's not the sort of person to move to another club for a bit of pocket change at the end of his career. They won't be paying big bux for him at this stage of his career. They would be a laughing stock if they did, not that that's anything new.

Players joining another club in their twilight years is just an asterisk beside their names.

No one remembers or cares that Peter McKenna finished at Carlton or John Murphy last year was with South Melbourne.

If Kevin Bartlett played one more year in 1984 with Essendon he still be our legend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back