Player Watch #4 Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Dusty is my fav player of all time

Im ok if he goes to GC and wish him all the best

We dont win a flag with him or without him the next 3-5 years and $700k a year for 3 years can buy you a top 10 pick
Id even tell the suns we will contribute $500k x 3 years to Rioli salary just give us their first 3 picks and pay Dusty $800k

Isn’t he an unrestricted free agent anyway?
Why are these muppets even saying trade?

Gold Coast don’t need to give us shit
We put up a price and they match or better it then we get compensated. Providing he wants to go of course. You’re right it’s not a trade, but compensation.

Last edited:
I think he may pull the pin at the end of the year!
He's been through 1 rebuild and achieved everything, does he want to go through another specially without his mates?
To me it seems he's lost the hunger and will just do whats req this season and pull the pin
Suns aren’t rebuilding IMHO . They will be contending quicker than we believe. I just don’t think Dusty can be of any assistance to them with his back and what he’s dishing up.

To Gold Coast, Dusty is only worth a few more bums on seats. He won't win them a premiership but maybe they can attract more gameday attendance than the pathetic rabble from Arden St does now.

On SM-A426B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yep it’s a marketing deal just like Karmichael Hunt for them and Israel Folau at GWS.

Dusty is my fav player of all time

Im ok if he goes to GC and wish him all the best

We dont win a flag with him or without him the next 3-5 years and $700k a year for 3 years can buy you a top 10 pick
Id even tell the suns we will contribute $500k x 3 years to Rioli salary just give us their first 3 picks and pay Dusty $800k
Now you’ve gone too far .

Have people seen this gif of Dusty that arseh*le Carlton supporters are putting up? Brother’s Carlton mate sent it to him. Idiots think that Cripps is going to have a bigger and more successful career than Dusty . Disrespectful fools especially all the clowns who liked it.

IMG_0440.jpeg

Last edited:
Have people seen this gif of Dusty that arseh*le Carlton supporters are putting up? Brother’s Carlton mate sent it to him. Idiots think that Cripps is going to have a bigger and more successful career than Dusty . Disrespectful fools especially all the clowns who liked it.

View attachment 2037950
If he's going to have a better career he better hurry up. Isn't that campaigner 30? 😂

I would prefer him to stay but if he wants to go let him, it's not always greener when you think it's going to be.

Dusty leaving doesn't hurt us much in his current state both our wins have been without him & that's a fact. His defensive side of the game has never been worse injured or not

Our club is in a position now, where we need players giving 100%

how many games @78% playin time the Goat got left in him 26,28,32,35 ? if hes lucky,the goat is done physically n checked out mentally months ago,no complaints as the champs in his 15th seasonat the elite level,i too believe he wants to retire specially now his backs fkd but if he were to be tempted to go up north for remedial and lifestyle change i endorse it,we've bled every ounce of gold from the man hes produced,hes an all time goat,Suns arent winnining anytime soon and knowing how the goat thinks if he does play for them hed be doin it more so to aid the RFC
evrything this guys done in his professional careerhas been to for the benefit of the RFC,i dont see it changing,he'll play for them to aid Richmond in the long ru freeing up cap space if he were to take that path,i support whatever the man chooses bc i know he 😍 Richmond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The move makes no sense. Doubt there will be anymore money contract wise and there will definitely be a loss of other sales like memorabilia. His brand value goes down significantly. If the AFL step in and try to give him some ambassador bonus the club should start a club protest in relation to revenue sharing, as it would be our money paying for our player to leave.

The move makes no sense. Doubt there will be anymore money contract wise and there will definitely be a loss of other sales like memorabilia. His brand value goes down significantly. If the AFL step in and try to give him some ambassador bonus the club should start a club protest in relation to revenue sharing, as it would be our money paying for our player to leave.
Good luck with club standing up to the CFL

The thing is, if he does go I don't think we'll get anything for him which would be a crappy way for this to end. I hope he just calls time all together and leaves as a one club man. The Suns aren't anywhere near a flag anyway so there's absolutely no chance he adds to his legacy there

View attachment 2037950

I wish for nothing more than them to bow out of finals early.

I will be pretty disappointed if dusty goes to suns all the media muppets pushing for it I really do believe it will tarnish his career I know he doesn’t owe us anything but hard **** came up with the Richmond man mono now he is begging him to go to the plastics
Plenty of players move and get a year or 2 more at the junk end of their career. A player playing at 2nd or 3rd clubs, over time us RFC fans look at what the player did with us.

End of the day the media comes up with

'It's done': David Schwarz drops Dustin Martin trade bomb, says he's '100 per cent' at the Suns in 2025​

In the article

The triple premiership hero played game 300 in round 13 against Hawthorn, with hints that Martin could hang up the boots then and there.

They had Jack R interviewing him..

well see you against Freo " yeah mate fresh up after the bye"

He did not announce his retirement then and there.

Martin's future has been up in the air in 2024, as his nine-year mega deal draws to a close.

That is true he has an offer from us, I believe

He has still been heavily linked to the Gold Coast Suns, where his former premiership coach, Damien Hardwick, has landed.

McLure trots out rumours about Martin & the Gold Coast. 2022, 2023. .

never eventuated.

I put Schwarz rumour in the same rubbish bin

Last edited:
Dusty is loyal and the fact he didn't leave (twice) suggests that he won't play anywhere else. Two weeks ago, he stood in front on one of the largest Home and away crowds in recent memory. I don't think he stood there waving to the Tiger faithful if he was seriously looking to play in front of the smallest crowds (Gold Coast) possible ? Given recent form and injuries, he would play only the home games (in front of a small crowd) and some away games - again, small crowd and travel. Gold Coast won't win a flag while Dusty is still playing footy.

He either extends 1 or 2 years max or retires. The fact he is injury prone suggests one more year.

Agree bloke owes nothing and wish him all the best however if he feels he has something to give next year, why not give to the club that made him?
Richmond GOAT

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back