List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We are the type of club to go after a spud like Josh Rotham to replace Battle...new fear discovered

(there's been no indication that we're interested in him, I just noticed he's OOC and would make some sense for us to pursue)
No
But Nick Haynes
Or Tomlinson might be a stop gap while the young guys develop

Wasn't that the muppet who rang up declaring Pou was 100% going to Adelaide, then Pou signed a 2 year extension less than 1 week later
Nailed it BT.

Muppet is a great description.

IMHO....the Pou ain't going anywhere.

You just couldn't make some of this stuff up.

Joshy rumors swirling for months....btw....watch this space.

Last week Maxy and Ro were packing/suggested that they pack.......their bags.

Pou today.

My curiosity sparks as to whom it will be next week.

Anyone like to hazard a guess.

Pick three in a better draft. This draft it’s like getting pick 13 last year. That’s idiot logic. Try to catch sides like North, Hawks and Gold Coast by losing good players with 7 plus year ahead of them hoping to get something better. Getting another Coff and Clark and we’ll be bottoming out for years in the hope that once they’ve all won a few flags we can come in at the end.
I think the club's preference is still to keep Battle but if he wants to go, and you've done all you can without disturbing the pay structure, an extra top 6 pick in a mids draft lessens the blow.

I don't think we will try and shortchange him out the door and I don't think Hawks would break the bank to get him.

He'd be in the top 3 B&F for the club right now, is about to really come into his own, is a versaitile swingman and as I've said many times, should be made captain.

But we are not really in a position to sit back and patiently stockpile one top 20 draftpick every year - eventually, we will have to sell someone of value to get anywhere good. All the good clubs do it and if done properly, it is a win-win in the long run. If it's not Battle it will need to be someone else either this year or next, and it will upset us.

Josh's position (2nd tall defender) is probably the easiest covered out of all the other field positions in terms of the position demands and also our squad depth.

I do want him to stay, I hope the club does too. But I'll understand if they don't break the bank to keep him.

Nailed it BT.

Pou today.

Steele no doubt, and if they do write an article about him being unsettled, I hereby command them to use the headline:
"You too? Steele hasn't found what he's looking for"

Nailed it BT.

Joshy rumors swirling for months....btw....watch this space

Pou today.

Watch this space…. Because he is staying?

AuxhiJM.gif

The Battle situation to me is not overly stressful. We either retain and very good player, or receive very good compensation at tier 1, tier 2 seems to be out of the equation but that would hurt us.
Tier 2 compo has to be a very real possibility. Tier 1 is overs for him. Seems unlikely to me. You then still have to get the pick right.

It's a precarious position to be in. The simple option seems to be to keep him, lock and load the backline for the next five years and keep working at improving other areas of the ground.

Tier 2 compo has to be a very real possibility. Tier 1 is overs for him. Seems unlikely to me. You then still have to get the pick right.

It's a precarious position to be in. The simple option seems to be to keep him, lock and load the backline for the next five years and keep working at improving other areas of the ground.
You and others really struggle with market value worth VS compensation worth.

No one is saying Battle is worth a top 5 or 10 pick.

Is he a guarantee to get tier 1 compensation?
Can’t guarantee anything in life.

But as every expert has spoken about this week alone.

It is now the very real and likely possibility of occurring with the overlay of contract length and increased salary.

No
But Nick Haynes
Or Tomlinson might be a stop gap while the young guys develop

Yuck. Both would require a trade and take up a list spot. I’d rather play Ari or Keeler if we are determined to do dumb things. Losing a 25 year old Battle for guys over 30 is the most StKilda thing ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is now the very real and likely possibility of occurring with the overlay of contract length and increased salary.
If you get pick five for him then fine. But let's be open to the very real possibility that we end up with our dick in our hands unable to match and lose him for pick 20.

Hawthorn are not in the habit of charity, we can't match the contract so there's no incentive for them to make it tier one.

Is he a guarantee to get tier 1 compensation?

Hoping to catch the AFL half asleep, Andrew Bassat and Ross Lyon arrived at League headquarters early to make their presentation seeking fair compensation if Josh Battle were to leave.

KUeZUwc.jpeg

Pick three in a better draft. This draft it’s like getting pick 13 last year. That’s idiot logic. Try to catch sides like North, Hawks and Gold Coast by losing good players with 7 plus year ahead of them hoping to get something better. Getting another Coff and Clark and we’ll be bottoming out for years in the hope that once they’ve all won a few flags we can come in at the end.
Every comment about this draft from you just makes out as if this draft class is getting worse and worse.

You are incredibly bias to what you want and it makes engaging in this conversation very hard.

If pick 3 = Koltyn Tholstrup

Then we might as well trade a hypothetical pick 4 & 5.

What will end up happening is that we take 2 mids and you’ll end up falling in love with one if not both of them

Lenny Hoffman, Brighton Grammar
Hoffman has really increased his draft worth this year while playing for Brighton Grammar as well as Coates league, so much so, there’s discussion he will fall out St Kilda’s grasp as a Next Generation Academy product. He was among Brighton’s best in its last win over Carey Grammar.

Murphy Reid, Caulfield Grammar
The potential no.1 pick has been a clearance beast at APS level this season. Prior to his dominant national championships, Reid was winning his fair share of possessions for Caulfield Grammar but was having his biggest say at stoppage. In one game this year, more than 50 per cent of Reid’s disposals for the day were clearances.

Hoffman has really increased his draft worth this year while playing for Brighton Grammar as well as Coates league, so much so, there’s discussion he will fall out St Kilda’s grasp as a Next Generation Academy product. He was among Brighton’s best in its last win over Carey Grammar.

The potential no.1 pick has been a clearance beast at APS level this season. Prior to his dominant national championships, Reid was winning his fair share of possessions for Caulfield Grammar but was having his biggest say at stoppage. In one game this year, more than 50 per cent of Reid’s disposals for the day were clearances.

Although we have no control over this, how beneficial would it be for our list to get access to seemingly two of our best NGA kids (Hofmann and Cole).

Absolutely no guarantees that they become world beaters, but we need to stockpile talent. I haven't been able to watch many Vic Metro games, but surely Lennox and Adrian would need a strong finish to the season break inside the top-40?

Although we have no control over this, how beneficial would it be for our list to get access to seemingly two of our best NGA kids (Hofmann and Cole).

Absolutely no guarantees that they become world beaters, but we need to stockpile talent. I haven't been able to watch many Vic Metro games, but surely Lennox and Adrian would need a strong finish to the season break inside the top-40?
I thought we would be safe with both.

The that HSUN article says different

I thought we would be safe with both.

The that HSUN article says different

I am personally confident that both are not top 40 talents at this point in time.

After reading the HS article, I will take it with a pinch of salt. Correct me if I am wrong, but the article said Taj Hotton (who did his ACL this year?) will need to be at his best for Haileybury in their next game lol.

I am personally confident that both are not top 40 talents at this point in time.

After reading the HS article, I will take it with a pinch of salt. Correct me if I am wrong, but the article said Taj Hotton (who did his ACL this year?) will need to be at his best for Haileybury in their next game lol.
It did and that is why I pasted the Murphy Reid potential pick 1 stuff.

But you never know I suppose.

The Hofmann comment sounds like a major exaggeration. He's been good, but definitely not worthy of top 40 yet. Anything to try and get a headline/story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back