List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

With Melbourne likely to get #9, just to add more fuel to the fire - what if Melbourne then gazump us on the WCE deal? #5 & #9 for #3.
If I was a Dees fan I’d be ropeable with that.

Are you a fan of F1 and F2 for 13? Just feel like I'm missing something here, we're just desperate to hit this draft and bypass next year's?
Next years draft is heavily compromised. So whilst there may still be talent.

With the amount of academies and father son picks in the top 10. Your picks blow out a long way. Where as this draft is heavily rated and deep

I’m a fan of bringing our future first rounder forward and burning a second rounder.

I’m not a fan of burning a first rounder to move up 7 or 8

Are you a fan of F1 and F2 for 13? Just feel like I'm missing something here, we're just desperate to hit this draft and bypass next year's?
Next years draft is shit house and heavily compromised. All the Vic clubs are desperately trying to move their 2025 draft hand forward a year.

It's a Sunday night, we've made no trades, we've gained another top 10 pick from Free Agency, but I'm already melting at half these hypotheticals. Don't overthink this St Kilda, 7 + 8 is the best draft hand currently, don't **** with a sure thing unless it's trading future picks to get further ahead in this draft.

Posters are starting to get nasty because the Saints are possibly going to get pick 3? Shit is getting crazy in here! One particular post about sacking Bassett and co was in very poor taste.

Theres a fair chance the highly paid experts at the club know about more than some blokes/women who look at a 5 minute highlights package and decide that they’re draft experts.

I’m excited, we are making waves to become relevant again.

And yes, the draft next year is cooked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Next years draft is heavily compromised. So whilst there may still be talent.

With the amount of academies and father son picks in the top 10. Your picks blow out a long way. Where as this draft is heavily rated and deep

I’m a fan of bringing our future first rounder forward and burning a second rounder.

I’m not a fan of burning a first rounder to move up 7 or 8

Should mean that there are ample opportunities to trade into the first round next year.
Would be wise to get second a 3rd round picks back in any trades made in the next few days.

Just media speculation , nothing from the club - it would be total bs , the club has said it is going to try everything to bring Callaghan back home so trading away next year first and 2nd would be totally off the table - and any first round pick next year is going to maybe more valuable knowing the teams with f/s and academy picks will be fighting to get everything they can , so allowing any top rated kid that isn't attached to a club get-table imo.

Posters are starting to get nasty because the Saints are possibly going to get pick 3? Shit is getting crazy in here! One particular post about sacking Bassett and co was in very poor taste.

Theres a fair chance the highly paid experts at the club know about more than some blokes/women who look at a 5 minute highlights package and decide that they’re draft experts.

I’m excited.
Jump back in lunchbox BS

But they are removing themselves from this year’s draft. For a future opportunity. With Tasmania coming in to the draft from 2026.

I just can’t my head around how stupid they are.

Essentially, they have this year’s list playing next year with only Kako as someone who can improve their list.

When lists operate in a time vacuum they go backwards very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose they are happy to tank for a year and line up for top picks next year.

They see their club going nowhere, so they are copying North, WCE and Richmond. They must think this is probably their quickest opinion back to relevance.

Coward's way out but I suppose it's become acceptable in so much as it looks like some kind of "strategy".

Let 'em rot.

It's a Sunday night, we've made no trades, we've gained another top 10 pick from Free Agency, but I'm already melting at half these hypotheticals. Don't overthink this St Kilda, 7 + 8 is the best draft hand currently, don't **** with a sure thing unless it's trading future picks to get further ahead in this draft.
I’m fiending for any trade action. I’m ready to pull the trigger on 47 and 65 for 46 and 80. Give me something ffs

But they are removing themselves from this year’s draft. For a future opportunity. With Tasmania coming in to the draft from 2026.

I just can’t my head around how stupid they are.

Essentially, they have this year’s list playing next year with only Kako as someone who can improve their list.

When lists operate in a time vacuum they go backwards very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe they were bluffed into believing that either Melbourne or us would bid on Kako early in the draft.

I'd have just said go for it. A better player will be there at pick 9 anyway.

I believe they were bluffed into believing that either Melbourne or us would bid on Kako early in the draft.

I'd have just said go for it. A better player will be there at pick 9 anyway.

The Dodo would not have folded to this bluff... though he also would not of folded with a pair of red 8's to a board with 5 spades.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back