List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Paying dividends is going after a Merrett, LDU, Houston or Petracca, not someone who can barely crack his own side's midfield
No one in our team, nor Macrae would crack the midfield rotation ahead of Cripps, Cerra and Walsh.

Wild stuff that Mat ****ing Kennedy has gotten this much passion out of a supporter base to be perfectly frank.

Take him, dont take, who gives a shit.

It can't be overstated how bad our midfield is. The rest of the team is capable of taking us to a prelim.

I'd be taking all of Macrae, Kennedy and Parker*

Kennedy at worst is a rotation forward and midfield with Steele.

* and a ruck, Marshall will be a killer CHF.

Sorry for the intrusion but I will say it's not a great comparison. Harmes was brought in as a wing/half-forward which Macrae isn't great at. Harmes shouldn't have played, and I see the fact that Bevo couldn't find a way to fit a player as good as Macrae into a role other than half-forward as his biggest stuff up this year, but they're unrelated.

Personally I think the Macrae deal should be relatively straightforward - he's given his all for the club and he deserves to get to where he wants as painlessly as possible so I'd take a third rounder immediately. Hopefully the people in charge see it the same way and this is all just posturing.
Bottom line to me is Bevo does not see him as best 22 now. So if he stays he his fringe or VFL st the Dogs.

The other bottom line is Bevo is the Dog's biggest problem. You have a good list, but a very poor coach.

You need to get a better coach while you still have a good list.

It would be worth asking the Giants about Leek Aleer.

He's going to struggle to get a game inthat back 6 next year so they may think it's worth letting him go while he's got value.

Agree. We could go down the Tomlinson/Laverde route but landing a player with their best footy in front of them would be preferable to plugging a hole for a year or two with someone on the decline. Aleer is the perfect age and would slot in nicely.

I've never seen this Derksen character from GWS play either but the fact that he's never cracked an AFL game yet he's asked to be traded suggests that he's got some pretty firm interest from at least one opposition club - I wonder if we're involved there.

May be a pipedream but Lukosius would still be my preference. Reports say that GC want him out and won't demand too much in a trade. Getting him with our second rounder to replace Battle while keeping pick 8 and taking a gun mid would be a massive win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t shoot the messenger. I think it’s too much too. Will probably end up something like Macrae and 32 for 24 & 43

I’m not shooting you. Just politely saying 24 won’t be involved in the McCrae trade. Our club will jealously protect those picks.

Unless Saints get another pick between 24 and 43 then it will be 43 and future swaps.

Saints will be keeping all their picks up to and including 24. They are very important picks for the club. Especially with Tasmania coming on board in 2026.

I appreciate your contribution here.

It’s a F3 for Macrae or no deal for me. Pick 43 will be a damn good 18yo and we should retain this pick at all costs, including missing out on Macrae.

We should draw a line with the WB, they can get absolutely ****ed.

Bruce for nothing
Coffield for nothing
They’re current CEO for nothing

Cordy, Wallis, Liberatore, Hunter, Cordy, West, Darcy, Croft all for NOTHING

Ugle-Hagen, Khamis NOTHING

Go and get absolutely ****ed with your pick 24 in a strong draft for a bloody 30yo

We’re an awful mediocre club, you guys pretending you have some moral high ground in the mediocre stakes is even more laughable. We might be a joke but St Kilda is the punchline.
There’s a difference between being unsuccessful (we own that though I enjoyed smashing you by near 10 goals last outing..) and being that fcked you try and poison your own player's to get an edge.
You guys are the epitome of AFL scum - you’re like the Prince Andrew of the royal family …embarrassing and kinda dirty….i can see why a Stringer fits…

I’m not shooting you. Just politely saying 24 won’t be involved in the McCrae trade. Our club will jealously protect those picks.

Unless Saints get another pick between 24 and 43 then it will be 43 and future swaps.

Saints will be keeping all their picks up to and including 24. They are very important picks for the club. Especially with Tasmania coming on board in 2026.

I appreciate your contribution here.

I bloody hope so.
24 will be a valuable pick this year/

There’s a difference between being unsuccessful (we own that though I enjoyed smashing you by near 10 goals last outing..) and being that fcked you try and poison your own player's to get an edge.
You guys are the epitome of AFL scum - you’re like the Prince Andrew of the royal family …embarrassing and kinda dirty….i can see why a Stringer fits…
Do Essendon players sweat? 🤔

Watching tonight you cannot discount the role Parker played on Allir. Can see Steele evolving that way as well. Good mark good kick knows how to kick a goal and is a point of difference especially if Membrey leaves.

So Kennedy would work when Steele goes forward...think it's a moot point as surely best place for Kennedy is either Richmond or WCE.

Both can flick a pick to Carlton surplus to their needs...we cannot. 43 for McCrae leaves 24 and that ain't happening in any scenario.

McCrae is a Crouch replacement and will give us some drive that we did not have this year and if Jack Steele goes down at least we can lean on an experienced Kent like McCrae whilst our midfield bairns learn their job.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back