List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall another poster saying Toce did not want to sit under Dalrymple. It's interesting since he was given a redundancy IIRC, so he left l assume with the club's blessings.
Toce was given the arse and paid out in settlement after an unfair dismissal claim was lodged.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

do we know that Wilkie was Toce's call?

our drafting has been very poor for the better part of 18 years. toce has been there since 2014/2015 when i first started seeing him here in perth.

it didnt massively improve under him when he took over from libba.
We do. Toce was the SA/WA recruiter at the time. Spent a lot of time watching North Adelaide that year scouting Rozee so as a result, watched a lot of Wilkie.

do we know that Wilkie was Toce's call?

our drafting has been very poor for the better part of 18 years. toce has been there since 2014/2015 when i first started seeing him here in perth.

it didnt massively improve under him when he took over from libba.
I think Wilkie was Toce's. The rest is a bit more grey. Nas and Pou were the last available in the top talent pools, was it luck or good drafting?
Hotton, JVE, Keeler haven't played yet.
All this years crop look pretty good atm.
Adams was delighted.

I recall another poster saying Toce did not want to sit under Dalrymple. It's interesting since he was given a redundancy IIRC, so he left l assume with the club's blessings.
Moved on. Upgraded.

Didn’t think he had the skill set to deal with existing players and supporting sos and gubby with that.

Club thinks between the 3. Sos gubby Dalrymple. We now have enough to turn player heads and advocate in the right circles.

Also really impressed with Dalrymples methods to identify high end talent - apparently. Mentioned the other week, he is apparently a little left of field with this.

It's likely a play to get more money from Geelong but if we can snag Stengle and keep Battle, it will be a great off season.
Geelong are absolutely firm with how they operate their cap.

Very very likely he goes - if he is actually looking for a pay day. They just don’t do that at the Cattery.

Yeah, if Stengle is the only recruit.

We take the best high mid in the draft, trade for a mentor like Parker; Dow, Windy, Pou, Chito, Wilson improves etc, the mids are competitive, the delivery gets better, and Stengle can be a huge asset.

One recruit can always be critisised in isolation, look at the people on here still criticising Hill's trade when he was only one of 5 when it occurred.
Let's see what we can trade for, what we can recruit, who we can keep (Battle please) and maybe a FA.

Need to analyse the whole trade/drafting period.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
i honestly would be fine if they could land Macrae.

Onball wing half forward. Can still accumulate. Works his ass off on the track apparently too.

What’s the go with Bailey Smith?
Seems to have gone off the radar completely.

Obviously completely on the outs with Bevo. Could we get him relatively cheaply? Would we want to if he comes with baggage?
Think I’d be keen for a reasonable contract.

Last edited:
Geelong are absolutely firm with how they operate their cap.

Very very likely he goes - if he is actually looking for a pay day. They just don’t do that at the Cattery.

And yet they still manage to sign all those high profile, highly talented recruits.

There must be something else they’re doing but I just can’t cotton on to it at the moment

And yet they still manage to sign all those high profile, highly talented recruits.

There must be something else they’re doing but I just can’t cotton on to it at the moment
I also seem to recall there's some amazingly cheap properties can be secured down that way, if you know the right people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prefer the dirty Macrae?

Depends.

Do we feel lucky?

cJu5mas.jpeg

We are extremely fortunate to have Auntie Katrina at the club.

She is an absolutely tireless worker and loves working with the Indigenous boys.

Our Indigenous boys are in great hands with Aunty Katrina......they love her!!!!

The good Aunty always has a smile on her face.....and I'm told....she loves a good yarn.
Yes, I hear you SW, but can she snare us a couple of highly skilled, indigenous midfielders in the next trade period?

We need both. Of course we need good mids but you also can't have enough good forwards. Stengle would cause opposition headaches and can win games off his own boot, could also give us an interesting mosquito fleet with Higgins Butler and potentially Collard.

Our forward line is so meh. We need to add to it.
And would be reunited with his former team mate and mentor, Bradley Crouch. What could possibly go wrong?

Moved on. Upgraded.

Didn’t think he had the skill set to deal with existing players and supporting sos and gubby with that.

Club thinks between the 3. Sos gubby Dalrymple. We now have enough to turn player heads and advocate in the right circles.

Also really impressed with Dalrymples methods to identify high end talent - apparently. Mentioned the other week, he is apparently a little left of field with this.
Dalrympal is a gun at the top end and late in the draft.

Toce was good too. Especially in the other states. It’s a shame but honestly bar Dalrympol I would have kept Toce. The NAS pick was ballsy.

Wilkie incredible

I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but do we know why Toce got 'moved on'? Sure Dalrymple is highly rated but Toce was doing great things and he is credited for finding Wilkie, Nas etc. Was there a bust up at the draft or something?

I'm not convinced that Stengle is worth more than Battle. We grabbed Collard with a high pick, we have Higgins, then Hotton/Hall who aren't exactly a bust yet. Butler has his struggles this year, but isn't the worst. Henry is also a high quality player in that role. I'd also keep an eye on Taj Hotton with a late first.

Wanting Stengle screams to me of taking the fugly girl home at 3am because the other 'mid' girls chose someone else.
I wouldn’t judge it off one person that was moved on, there’s pretty much nobody left from the Lethlean days. Judging off Ross’ media stuff basically anyone that had anything to do with the last 10 years had to go.

I’d say James Gallagher discovered Wilkie during his tenure we recruited a large % of SA players.

Ash Johnson also on radar.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Riley Garcia dropped by Bevo. Out of contract, 23 years old, surname Garcia, and can play. Check the Dogs board for some of the melts. Would much rather us explore this option than a washed Macrae.

I really rate him. He's a mid in the VFL and looks a potential gun. It would be a bit like getting Lipinski when he went to Collingwood. He's a ready to go player who might not end up a star but think he'd be a massive upgrade on Jones and can play the high HF role well.

His 3 VFL games this year he had 41, 31 and 36 possessions and kicked 4.2.
168, 128 and 122 FA points. Averaged 7 marks and 6 tackles a game in that run too.

I really rate him. He's a mid in the VFL and looks a potential gun. It would be a bit like getting Lipinski when he went to Collingwood. He's a ready to go player who might not end up a star but think he'd be a massive upgrade on Jones and can play the high HF role well.

His 3 VFL games this year he had 41, 31 and 36 possessions and kicked 4.2.
168, 128 and 122 FA points. Averaged 7 marks and 6 tackles a game in that run too.

His clearance and contested possession AFL stats aren't so shabby.

Looks like he was moved all over for his first few VFL years.

He seems to have overcome a lot of the concerns from before his draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back