List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I assume this is all just posturing so that they can drill us with another North can't reel in a big fish
the wolf of wall street idgaf GIF

Finally! I've beaten you!

Carlton is attempting to secure Gold Coast’s No. 12 draft pick to make a play at Port Adelaide All Australian Dan Houston as the Blues and North Melbourne haggle over the departing star.

Houston on Tuesday told Port Adelaide he wanted to be traded to Melbourne where he will be closer to family and his girlfriend, with the Power happy to accept his request if they can nail the right trade.

North Melbourne has offered up a trade that would include its future first-rounder, which in the past five seasons has either been the first or second selection.

Clubs asking about Houston have been told the Blues and Roos are the strong front-runners despite him examining his options in recent weeks.

Carlton wants to keep its No. 11 draft pick to secure a young talent in a bumper 2024 national draft crop so is attempting to secure another first-round pick.

The Blues would offer up a future first-rounder to Gold Coast for their No. 12 pick, and then would on-trade that selection to the Power for Houston.

Quite clearly the Power would prefer a Roos selection that will surely be in the top five draft selections even if North Melbourne makes some improvement next year.

Gold Coast might accept a future first-rounder for Jack Lukosius, who chose Port Adelaide as his club of choice on Tuesday.

So accepting another future first-rounder for their No. 12 pick is not ideal but the Suns have academy selections including potential No. 1 selection Zeke Uwland next year.

Houston will have to decide on his future club after meeting with a raft of teams that included Carlton, Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs in recent weeks.

The Blues are attempting to clear some cap space and list spots as Matt Kennedy and Lewis Young consider their futures, with Carlton open to them moving on despite contracts for next year.

The fact North Melbourne is a contender is a feather in their cap given he must believe they are a chance to make a strong improvement in quick time given he is 27 and might have only four or five more seasons at his peak.

The Suns have picks six, 12, 20 and 26 and the Tigers will ask for more than their No. 6 draft pick for Daniel Rioli, who is contracted.

While the Suns will push back hard they will have to use pick six in some way in a trade for Rioli.

Collingwood is asking for a first-rounder for half back John Noble but will have to be satisfied with pick 20, which will filter back a handful of spots after NGA and father-son bids.

Surely we are getting Ports F1st back if we give up ours? I would love Houston as much as anyone but feck me giving up our F1st is crazy shit.
I know some peeps will hate it, but realistically I reckon we get back their F2. Pricing Houston at about pick 5-8, depending on where they finish next year.

Surely we are getting Ports F1st back if we give up ours? I would love Houston as much as anyone but feck me giving up our F1st is crazy shit.

Knowing Port it will be a three way deal to get Luko to Port and to screw both GC and us in the process.

I’m with nostrils on this (a rarity I know) make it happen with the future first if possible, though I don’t love using a future first until we’re far less shit.

So make it Houston, lord and their future first in return and I’ll go for it
Welcome aboard

It would be our future first for lord and Houston

You wouldn’t get another pick back also

I know some peeps will hate it, but realistically I reckon we get back their F2. Pricing Houston at pick 5.

It is better not to set up any kind of expectation, it will likely lead to disappointment.

So if poort want to try and screw everyone else hopefully we just walk away.

I don't think they would care, I think they would prefer to keep Dan. GC seem even worse at trading than us, they will probably get Luko and their first round pick for some beads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some intelligent poster floated that a few hours ago already

Future first for Houston and Lord
Not this Lord stuff again. We are already weighed down by dud talls. Port were desperate for a key forward in the finals but they would rather play Esava forward than give Ollie a game. He can't get a kick in the twos. They don't rate him and he has two years left on his contract. If he was chucked into any deal they should pay to offload him.

Looks like Port could get trading their F1 for Luko ticked off going by this past article.

'Exemptions are allowed in the AFL's rule for clubs using at least two first-round picks in a rolling four-year period if a recruiting target is of a certain age and experience as determined by the AFL.'

So do Darling, Parker and Houston (if they all come in) move the needle much next year?
Not really, look at the Crows who had 7 wins this year. They get pick 4. Then Tassie come in the following year and destroy the draft picks. We need one more year of high picks then hit FAs and trade picks.

Looks like Port could get trading their F1 for Luko ticked off going by this past article.

'Exemptions are allowed in the AFL's rule for clubs using at least two first-round picks in a rolling four-year period if a recruiting target is of a certain age and experience as determined by the AFL.'
Was it 2021 the last time they used a first rounder?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back