List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Luckily for Sydney, North were able to help them secure a first round pick this year for butchering that pick.

No doubt we won't be afforded the same level of generosity for our butchered picks.
Lol yep. That end of first round pick (19) this year though will become mid/late 20s with bids on F/S and academy kids.
Swans got 44 last year and 19 this year for 25 and Stephens. So it's a pick in the 40's for Stephens in value.
21 and 25 got us Fisher and 17 (Will Dawson) I believe. Guess we could've just kept those two picks in hindsight but it shows how desperate we were to get in two players who could cover ground.

Tell me a finals team this year whose midfield Jy would get in

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm thinking which teams doesn't he get a game in ... GWS, maybe Sydney and Brions but he might get a gig on the bench or flank with those two.

I piss more leadership than Jy possesses
Yes, of course you do, the Top 5 leadership books of all time;
1. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
3. Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts by Brené Brown
4. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
5. Piss Your Way To The Top by DuckYeah

Last edited:
Regardless of his experience I don't think you just parachute a player in from another team and make them Captain. By all means put him in the leadership group.
They do in the nrl, so I don't know why we can't do the same when we are bereft of leadership.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

1. The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
4. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek
5. Piss your way to the top by DuckYeah
Its not a bad idea mate. Future best seller

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not on paper obviously but listening to how everybody on our team including our magoo team talk about him i have no doubt he would cope. He communication off field and on field is great and he never gives in or stops trying regardless You don't have to be the best player to be a good Captain. of the score or situation of the game.

This is not true

Several occasions where he chose not to follow his opponent and make it someone elses problem while he just guards space. A couple of examples being not chasing Dawson from the Crows through the center of the ground, Dawson gets on the end of a handball at the corner of the square and goals while Simpkin is just jogging along in no mans land. Also did the exact same thing with Bont. Chose not to follow him through the middle, calls for a team mate to do so and then doesn't even get close to impacting the contest. These are just a few examples of many. Too many piss poor efforts.

This is not true

Several occasions where he chose not to follow his opponent and make it someone elses problem while he just guards space. A couple of examples being not chasing Dawson from the Crows through the center of the ground, Dawson gets on the end of a handball at the corner of the square and goals while Simpkin is just jogging along in no mans land. Also did the exact same thing with Bont. Chose not to follow him through the middle, calls for a team mate to do so and then doesn't even get close to impacting the contest. These are just a few examples of many. Too many piss poor efforts.
I suppose you can find holes in everyone's games if you look harder enough. Bont for example on the weekend Not much leadership at times there.

If Parker comes do we make him captain? For 1-2 years
I wouldn’t.

I really believe Jy should be given chance to be standalone captain. I think it would bring out the best in him.

Having co-captains dilutes the strength of leadership and neither have full responsibility for the team which I think is an issue.

And I know it’s about the collective blah blah…. but one captain only! Please!

1. The Art of War" by Sun Tzu
5. Piss Your Way To The Top by DuckYeah

Take it to LinkedInIn MLF.

Okay then, let's get this thread back on topic, the usual caveat due to the fact it's old mate, has anyone else heard this rumour?
image.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back