List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the demographic data from the Melbourne team, which topped the R15 "most players under 22 list":
Average Age: 25 yr 4 mth
Average Games: 106.2
< 50 Games: 8
50-99: 5
100-149: 1
150-199: 5
200+: 4
Source: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=11090

Compare this with Adelaide's R14 demographics:
Average Age: 24 yr 0 mth
Average Games: 63.7
< 50 Games: 11
50-99: 8
100-149: 3
150-199: 0
200+: 1
Source: https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_match_statistics?mid=11084

Adelaide had 19 players with < 100 games, compared to Melbourne's 13. They had 9x players with 150+ games, to Adelaide's 1.

It's relatively easy to succeed with a lot of youngsters, provided you also have the core of senior/experienced/quality/mature players around them. Melbourne have that mix. Adelaide do not.

LOL - talk about a comprehension failure. It says "Round 15 2024" - i.e. the week we had the bye!

We had the youngest team in the competition in R14, by a large margin.

For the record, Adelaide had the following players under 22 in R14:
  • Borlase (21 yr 11 mth)
  • Cook (21 yr 11 mth)
  • Rachele (21 yr 2 mth)
  • Dowling (19 yr 11 mth)
  • Michelanney (20 yr 4 mth)
  • Nankervis (21 yr 1 mth)
  • Soligo (21 yr 5 mth)
Plus the following, who just missed the cut-off:
  • Berry (22 yr 4 mth)
22 and under rather than under 22. So would include Berry and could be boosted by Thilthorpe, Taylor and maybe Pedlar in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

MANAGERS USING CROWS TO DRIVE UP PRICES?

AFL clubs believe players managers are using the Adelaide Crows to drive up the price of their clients, reports the Herald Sun’s Sam Landsberger.

The Crows have missed out on several big-name stars over the last year including Errol Gulden, Mason Redman, Hugh McCluggage and Elliot Yeo.

And while Adelaide’s interest in such names was reportedly genuine, there’s a view that the club’s interest has been strongly leveraged to boost players’ value.

“There is a belief managers are using Adelaide as a stalking horse to drive up the prices of their players,” Landsberger said on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“Adelaide has missed out on a lot of players over the past 12 to 18 months ... they clearly went after them.

“(Giants director) Jimmy Bartel has said this publicly and other clubs believe it as well. Managers are using Adelaide, get an offer from them, then go back to the original club and get a better (deal).

“Sydney matched Adelaide's offer of 10 years for Errol Gulden. Sydney wasn’t offering Errol Gulden 10 years without that from Adelaide first.”

AFL clubs believe players managers are using the Adelaide Crows to drive up the price of their clients, reports the Herald Sun’s Sam Landsberger.

The Crows have missed out on several big-name stars over the last year including Errol Gulden, Mason Redman, Hugh McCluggage and Elliot Yeo.

And while Adelaide’s interest in such names was reportedly genuine, there’s a view that the club’s interest has been strongly leveraged to boost players’ value.

“There is a belief managers are using Adelaide as a stalking horse to drive up the prices of their players,” Landsberger said on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“Adelaide has missed out on a lot of players over the past 12 to 18 months ... they clearly went after them.

“(Giants director) Jimmy Bartel has said this publicly and other clubs believe it as well. Managers are using Adelaide, get an offer from them, then go back to the original club and get a better (deal).

“Sydney matched Adelaide's offer of 10 years for Errol Gulden. Sydney wasn’t offering Errol Gulden 10 years without that from Adelaide first.”

Look at us. #1 in something...... Yaaaa go team.

If the premise of the article is that managers are using us to drive up clients prices - how have we missed out?

They were never coming here anyway so we missed nada

You missed the part about how our interest in the players were genuine and we couldn't recruit them despite throwing cash at them.

The fact managers leverage our inadequacy is secondary to the fact we couldn't land our targets.

It’s kind of disheartening and sad realising that player managers use us to raise their clients market value knowing there is 0 chance their client comes here. Like how gullible and clueless is our list management team.

It’s like a hot girl giving a cashed up sugar daddy a sniff to make her boyfriend jealous.

At least we are forcing clubs to pay a market price to keep their players i suppose.

Fingers crossed we can shake a few more loose over the next couple off seasons. Just don't want us to get desperate and do a polec.

It’s kind of disheartening and sad realising that player managers use us to raise their clients market value knowing there is 0 chance their client comes here. Like how gullible and clueless is our list management team.

It’s like a hot girl giving a cashed up sugar daddy a sniff to make her boyfriend jealous.
We're the new Norf

Just going back to the discussion around us bringing in a ready made ruck replacement, and the comments made over the last few years about not needing to draft a ruck as we could easily bring someone in from another club that was ready to go. Saw the below article on the AFL website - we picked a bad year to try and find a replacement for ROB and also a new backup if we intend to move either on this year.

1719458600054.png

1719458652086.png

Attachments

• 1719458624914.png
    1719458624914.png
    27.1 KB · Views: 18
At least we are forcing clubs to pay a market price to keep their players i suppose.

Fingers crossed we can shake a few more loose over the next couple off seasons. Just don't want us to get desperate and do a polec.
I doubt we are even involved.
Player managers don't need a single bit of truth to float a club out there to drive up a price.
Just like the 'Tex might leave' rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the right move by the club.

We have to see him play well in a block of games to finish the season. You can't have a key forward than can only play half the games.

There is probably a discussion on how many pre seasons you nurse someone through when you are not contending.

He would have to be willing to ply SANFL. I actually think Tex would be okay with that.

If and it's unlikely Nicks goes then Tex is certainty to not be around. A new coach will want a fresh start.

I don't think Tex should ever play SANFL, unless he's returning from a longish injury layoff. If he returns to good form and is physically good to go, I'd be happy with a 15 game plan that has him either in the AFL or missing altogether whilst preparing for his next run of games. The issue, as we've seen this year, is even a 34 year old, who stated the year would be about quality not quantity, is still pushed/prepared to play injured and ultimately force themselves into further injury. Why wouldn't we do exactly the same again next year.

FFS Marshall is gettable because saints are prepared to move his contract on.

Just like we’re prepared to listen to offers for Laird if anyone is stupid enough to want that contract

Contract exceeds production, so it is a liability

Any doofus who thinks we are getting multiple firsts for laird, can apply the same logic to any over paid getting old player in the league - including Rowan freaking Marshall
And? That mean we can get him cheap in terms of trade capital just like if he was a FA if the Saints are after a "salary dump" so it's ideal for us and more importantly it also mean we know ROB shouldn't be leading our ruck.

Again - this is just your personal opinion on Rowan Marshall.

Erm…

aren’t you the guy whose personal opinion is that he’s a top 3 ruck and worth 2 first rounders?

Find me genuine football commentary that he ISN'T one of the best in the league at his position, or that St Kilda are in any way unhappy with the performance of one of their best players.

Oh, I need to find “GENUINE” commentary that he isn’t something

To disprove your wacky, psychedelic assessment

What’s more that wouldn’t make a soon to be 29 year old ruckman worth 2 first rounders

He’s no Harrison Petty!

Find me any source that suggests St Kilda are prepared to move his contract on - any source at all.

So Cal Twomey this week isn’t genuine enough now?

Flip flop.
Flop flip

I mean, I'm happy to change my view if you have anything to support your perspective?

C’mon, your new heel character is as embarrassing as Wayne in rejecting the evidence of your eyes

Everything that’s being said is that it’s Marshall’s camp that wants out, not st kilda though?

He’s not gettable if St Kilda don’t want to move him

And blaming a players camp is exactly the sort of club origin leaks used to boost perception of his value

A player is disgruntled when he’s keen to move I.e. Petty

A player is gettable when his team is open to moving him

He’s not gettable if St Kilda don’t want to move him

And blaming a players camp is exactly the sort of club origin leaks used to boost perception of his value

A player is disgruntled when he’s keen to move I.e. Petty

A player is gettable when his team is open to moving him
Maybe they (Marshall’s camp) haven’t told st kilda yet.
The quote was “from speaking to other clubs.”
They have no reason to boost his value.

Grundy wasn’t playing reserves because of form, he was there because Melbourne couldn’t make 2 rucks work, Grundy couldn’t play forward and Gawn is one of the best ever. He left Collingwood because of a salary cap squeeze and they thought Cameron was good enough for half the price. Sydney got him for draft pick minimum chips because of his contract.

An elite ruckman who was the victim of circumstance. His game against us showed what influence a genuine star ruckman can have.

This is not only true, it’s inarguable

Back