List Mgmt. 2023 List Management and Trading (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you have a link to the article? I can't find anything on Google or the AFL website. Not doubting you, just trying to find the article you referenced.
From the article below:

"For instance, it would have allowed Adelaide to list one of Rory Sloane or Taylor Walker as a veteran for 2024 and opened up another spot on their primary list. The idea was designed to keep veterans in the game without sacrificing a list spot that a youngster may have taken, with the veteran’s full payments still counted in the salary cap."

There's a link in the post above

It’s confusing isn’t it. We never had to guarantee Borlase a contract at all, could have told him we will see how we go before deciding if we redraft him. If someone else was there that we rated, we’d take them instead

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

18 clubs disagree with that though

We did enter the off season hoping to not get younger - which we failed at - so that would have assisted retaining Borlase over a similar draftee type option in Patton

18 clubs disagree with that though

We did enter the off season hoping to not get younger - which we failed at - so that would have assisted retaining Borlase over a similar draftee type option in Patton

Yeah, I get that.

I was a bit annoyed, but I also understand that the last few spots on your list are often there either because they're high risk, or they're filling a particular short term role.

This is our list, so now I'm just looking forward to seeing what they do.

You'd think that these stats have to be somewhere near the centre to be any chance of a flag.
Yeah, we are a few years off being a flag threat, but no reason we can't make finals.

Yeah, we are a few years off being a flag threat, but no reason we can't make finals.
I think our draft and trade period next year, is especially going to really shape our premiership chances in the years to come.

Players available for trade and FA coupled with Welsh via the draft are the key.

I think our draft and trade period next year, is especially going to really shape our premiership chances in the years to come.

Players available for trade and FA coupled with Welsh via the draft are the key.
Yes..we should be looking at bringing in our 25' 1st rounder to pair up to go after either a top rated mid (phillipou) or to get in ahead of a potential welsh bid and take a top rated mid like a draper possibly. I would rather do that and at the same time dangle a huge contract extension to young Curtin. Go after a specific free agent like hayward as well that won't cost the earth.

If by the end of trade and draft period next year we ended with

Phillipou
Welsh
Hayward
Project ruck at the back end of the draft or rookie.

And have tied up Curtin to a 5 year contract extension

We are set in my opinion

Personally, I think this recent Draft has shaped our flag assault .....I know supporters crave Free Agency period / opportunities ....but it's rare you have a player available that suits your needs & list profile

This Draft gave us so much height and flexibility .....I see Walsh at this stage being a slightly taller clone of his father ....still not bad, considering Welsh snr was a damn good footballer

Yes..we should be looking at bringing in our 25' 1st rounder to pair up to go after either a top rated mid (phillipou) or to get in ahead of a potential welsh bid and take a top rated mid like a draper possibly. I would rather do that and at the same time dangle a huge contract extension to young Curtin. Go after a specific free agent like hayward as well that won't cost the earth.

If by the end of trade and draft period next year we ended with

Phillipou
Welsh
Hayward
Project ruck at the back end of the draft or rookie.

And have tied up Curtin to a 5 year contract extension

We are set in my opinion
Swap Phillipou for an experienced midfielder. We have enough juniors.

Not sure that's what you'll be saying by 2024 year's end with Mattaes training with the Saints mids this summer.
seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

All I care about is performance in 2025-2027.
Phillipou showed he still has a ways to go as a midfielder in 2023.

You'd think that these stats have to be somewhere near the centre to be any chance of a flag.

A realistic chance, yes, however it would likely skew towards most experienced/oldest are the best shots.

Though, really a young list could also be realistic if it's experienced players were in its spine or the most impactful positions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swap Phillipou for an experienced midfielder. We have enough juniors.
If Phillipou shows enough promise in the mid (even only in bursts), why not?

I agree he has to do so at least a little for me to feel comfortable enough offering him big $$, though

Philipou isn’t going anywhere. Very invested at the Saints of his latest quotes are anything to go by. Intent on winning a ‘special cup’ at the Saints.

What special cup is he referring to?

I mean it's not the premiership cup, the Saints don't win those, but is there some other cup they have their sights on?

Philipou isn’t going anywhere. Very invested at the Saints of his latest quotes are anything to go by. Intent on winning a ‘special cup’ at the Saints.

They're not, outside of he's focused in 2024.

Whilst he's not signed up, we're a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back