Fixture 2024 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

1 game at the Bank in 9 weeks over May/June is a bit of an oof for supporters. The Darwin money better be worth it. Surely they can split the games up.

I hate to imagine the crowd split at the Collingwood game at the end of this if results don’t go well. (Not that it would be any less than 80% Pies anyway). Could also be a massive return to the Bank if we go well though as well I guess.

Not having a game on Easter weekend sucks, usually enjoy watching that whilst on holidays except the part when we lose.

Here is a shot of Gather Round at Mount Barker (my home town) earlier this year. North v Brisbane
Gather Round.jpg

Thursday night 1

Friday night 0

Saturday Afternoon 3

Saturday mid arvo (3:20) 1

Saturday Twilight 0

Saturday night 6

Sunday early 2

Sunday mid arvo (3:20) 0

Sunday twilight 2

Sunday night 1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon ranked 1 but have like 10 games straight in Melbourne

But it can be legitimately confusing knowing which of the two grounds to 'travel' to each week.

I mean, stuff like: which type of boots to wear; what if it is raining but that weeks game is at the MCG; what if it is sunny but that weeks game is at Marvel; what if there are roadworks and they have to take a different route (and there are always roadworks); is it a 'home' game this week or a 'road' game, b/c you can't tell from the crowds and you might need to wear a funky away strip which is confusing; or have I changed my sheets lately, since I seem to sleeping in my own bed all the time?

This type of mental fatigue builds up over long periods. They will be ripe for the picking (completely cooked) by the time we play them in their 9th consecutive Melbourne game, and the Swans will demolish them in the 10th.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back