• KPF/Small Forward

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • KPF/Mid

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just joined forum but accidentally clicked on St Kilda instead of Sydney. Anyone know how to change clobs in your profile or is it impossible?
I had a quick look but couldn't find it. Maybe Wosh can help you out?

Just joined forum but accidentally clicked on St Kilda instead of Sydney. Anyone know how to change clobs in your profile or is it impossible?

Sorry mate, you're now a St. Kilda fan for life. Really tough break.

Hit up the Chief. Wonderful person.
c061590d964ab92533ae2e13def0b0a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

Welcome McGowan3 … any connection to Brian McGowan, former 2nd rover to Skilton and goal sneak?
Wore his number 3 on my jumper as a youngster. He ran a milkbar in Middle Park for a while when he played. Went to its opening. Got a free coke. Never forgot it. He wrote me a letter as well.

Wore his number 3 on my jumper as a youngster. He ran a milkbar in Middle Park for a while when he played. Went to its opening. Got a free coke. Never forgot it. He wrote me a letter as well.

Haha… that is a great story… really decent person and fine rover. Fantastic to see Brian’s name honoured.

Regarding Cleary being picked this week. I know it's only one game and they don't all play the exact same roles but further bad signs for Vickery, Konstanty and Magor. All second year players, none yet to debut and being leapfrogged in the pecking order by a first year player.
Especially if he's playing forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding Cleary being picked this week. I know it's only one game and they don't all play the exact same roles but further bad signs for Vickery, Konstanty and Magor. All second year players, none yet to debut and being leapfrogged in the pecking order by a first year player.
On track for our worst draft.

I was thinking about Dalrymple and what he brought to the Swans. In the end I feel it was Warner, Rowbottom and McInerney. All stars but our other picks feel like they were made regardless of him being there

I was thinking about Dalrymple and what he brought to the Swans. In the end I feel it was Warner, Rowbottom and McInerney. All stars but our other picks feel like they were made regardless of him being there
I just had a look at the 2022 draft. Apart from the players taken in the 1st round. A lot of the players from that draft have yet to debut or play many senior games.

I am not saying we drafted well. But I would not have expected any of the players we picked (apart from Konstanty) to have played many senior games for us in their first 18 months.

Even if we had drafted Weddle as a defender, he may not have got the opportunities that he did at Hawthorn. Where he was playing every game from his first season.

Why have you picked out those three as Dalrymple selections over and above the other (non-academy) picks in recent seasons.

Why have you picked out those three as Dalrymple selections over and above the other (non-academy) picks in recent seasons.
Matt Roberts and Sheldrick I count as Dalrymple picks as well and both look good. But can go through it

Dalrymple came in 2018, the following players have been drafted and picked up since then

2018 - Blakey, Rowbottom, McInerney, Foot, Tucker (R), Reynold (R), Wicks (R), McLean
2019 - Knoll (R), Hirst (R), Stephens, Gould, Taylor, Warner, Rowles (R), Maibaum (R), O'Connor (r)
2020 - McDonald, Campbell (A), Gulden (A), Curruthers (R), Sheather (R).
2021 - McAndrews (R), Sheldrick, Roberts, Corey Warner, Rankin,
2022 - Hall-Kahan (R), Konstanty, Vickery, Mitchell, Owen (R), Magor (R), Edwards (R)

Maybe I'm not giving Dalrymple enough credit but picks like McLean and Amartey in the rookie spot are on point to Beatsons regular rookie picks. Tall athletic guys with some talent who may or may not pay off.

Players like McInerney, Curruthers, Magor feel like the classic Dalrymple pick. Talented kids who can play a number of positions but haven't yet mastered one spot when drafted

Once you remove the academy selections, the tall rookies (who maybe I should give to Dalrymple) and Logan (because I feel that was a gimme from North) you're left with a lot of mid sized players who didn't last long at the Swans.

Those 3 for me are the wins from Dalrymple over his time here.

Roberts and Sheldrick could come through (and Roberts in particular looks like a big win) but over 5 seasons I feel there are a lot of misses there

Matt Roberts and Sheldrick I count as Dalrymple picks as well and both look good. But can go through it

Dalrymple came in 2018, the following players have been drafted and picked up since then

2018 - Blakey, Rowbottom, McInerney, Foot, Tucker (R), Reynold (R), Wicks (R), McLean
2019 - Knoll (R), Hirst (R), Stephens, Gould, Taylor, Warner, Rowles (R), Maibaum (R), O'Connor (r)
2022 - Hall-Kahan (R), Konstanty, Vickery, Mitchell, Owen (R), Magor (R), Edwards (R)

Maybe I'm not giving Dalrymple enough credit but picks like McLean and Amartey in the rookie spot are on point to Beatsons regular rookie picks. Tall athletic guys with some talent who may or may not pay off.

Players like McInerney, Curruthers, Magor feel like the classic Dalrymple pick. Talented kids who can play a number of positions but haven't yet mastered one spot when drafted

Once you remove the academy selections, the tall rookies (who maybe I should give to Dalrymple) and Logan (because I feel that was a gimme from North) you're left with a lot of mid sized players who didn't last long at the Swans.

Roberts and Sheldrick could come through (and Roberts in particular looks like a big win) but over 5 seasons I feel there are a lot of misses there
Geez 2019 1 out of 9...but what a player that 1 is.

Zac Foot seemed to be a victim of Covid. I thought he would be redrafted.

Actually, I believe Sheldrick was in large part a Don Pyke selection - through his connections to Claremont.

No way Don Pyke didn’t have a significant say in that one.

From a Bulldogs source who would know , they offered a straight swap with Ugle -Hagen for Gulden , not accepted by us.
They are very keen to off load Bailey Smith , other players have had enough of him .

From a Bulldogs source who would know , they offered a straight swap with Ugle -Hagen for Gulden , not accepted by us.
They are very keen to off load Bailey Smith , other players have had enough of him .

Cats bound surely and it makes sense he’d be their best or second best at worst (Holmes) midfielder right now

Glad we didn’t do that straight trade

I think we should enquire about Leek Aleer. I've been so impressed by him this year and he did a great job on Amartey (who also played well). GWS have Himmelberg, Buckley and Taylor as their first choice tall defenders whereas we are only playing 2 true tall defenders in Melican and McCartin.

I think we should enquire about Leek Aleer. I've been so impressed by him this year and he did a great job on Amartey (who also played well). GWS have Himmelberg, Buckley and Taylor as their first choice tall defenders whereas we are only playing 2 true tall defenders in Melican and McCartin.

They will move on from Buckley soon. We can ask but I doubt the answer is positive lol

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back