List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's peoples thoughts on this? personally i don't think there's anything we can do with Clark with two way running like this. the guy looks absoluely gassed and he hasn't even played a qtr, everyone else on the field has played near on 4. if richnmond didnt fumble that ball its a certain goal purely because he cant run with a guy.

The one that luckily fell to King was also poor…he’s a self centred player that won’t be missed!
Disagree, he will be missed, for all his faults he's one of the most dynamic players on our list - but if he gets us a decent pick and kickstarts RTB's list regen then I'm comfortable with him seeking fame and fortune somewhere else.

what's peoples thoughts on this? personally i don't think there's anything we can do with Clark with two way running like this. the guy looks absoluely gassed and he hasn't even played a qtr, everyone else on the field has played near on 4. if richnmond didnt fumble that ball its a certain goal purely because he cant run with a guy.

That’s actually hilarious.

I think he was gassed to be fair.

He ran continuously for a good 2 minutes before we turned that particular ball over. He runs defensively, then spreads to the right forward pocket when Higgins gets a free, and when we switch behind play he crosses over to the left forward pocket in order to try and get on the end of a passing chain.

And while he is struggling in that clip you can visibly see him put his head down and try.

So his mindset is right. His capability is not.

I think Ross values his ball skills, and the boss just might believe he can motivate Hunter to transform his body shape and make him more productive.

This trade period will reveal all.

This topic needs its own thread, but since our clubs affiliation with Sandringham in 2009 (14 years) they have played finals in 4 of those years. Their best result was a prelim loss. Surely if the club wants to be serious about player development they need to inject $$$ into Sandringham to ensure they are competitive or go it alone. Even when the Saints were going well in 2009-2011 the Zebras didn't make finals. I understand the Saints AFL side hasn't been that great in the years following, but surely the club recognises they need to address the missed development opportunities for our players not playing VFL finals year after year?

He ran continuously for a good 2 minutes before we turned that particular ball over. He runs defensively, then spreads to the right forward pocket when Higgins gets a free, and when we switch behind play he crosses over to the left forward pocket in order to try and get on the end of a passing chain.

And while he is struggling in that clip you can visibly see him put his head down and try.

I think Ross values his ball skills, and the boss just might believe he can motivate Hunter to transform his body shape and make him more productive.

I don't think it's effort which is a bigger worry. He just doesn't look capable

This topic needs its own thread, but since our clubs affiliation with Sandringham in 2009 (14 years) they have played finals in 4 of those years. Their best result was a prelim loss. Surely if the club wants to be serious about player development they need to inject $$$ into Sandringham to ensure they are competitive or go it alone. Even when the Saints were going well in 2009-2011 the Zebras didn't make finals. I understand the Saints AFL side hasn't been that great in the years following, but surely the club recognises they need to address the missed development opportunities for our players not playing VFL finals year after year?
I don’t believe they do.
I think the emphasis is on personal development before team performance.
We have a hint of that in the move Van Es forward story.
Also, I understand that Batchelor has a strong reporting line to Carroll.
If that’s the case, it doesn’t matter the colour of the jumper.
Nor the $’s invested.
The coach of the team is vested in a philosophy that emphasises personal before team.
The reality is that Sandringham is a feeder team.
As a matter of interest, I also believe that this is the same approach taken by both Hawthorn and Collingwood.
The reasons behind Sandringham’s performance might lie elsewhere.

Essendon remains supremely confident..

Essendon remained supremely confident they will win a final every year for the last 20 years..

Essendon remained supremely confident they had not systematically doped their players…

Last line should read:

"Essendon remained supremely confident they would not be caught systematically doping their players"

It’s piece of selective garbage used to promote a false narrative about a player he and others are hating on like gresham. Clark was our number 1 in distance covered per game in 2020 and compared favourable with the leaders at other clubs but yeah right now he has no tank. This place has become a bit of a joke lately, you’d get more astute observations on games and players from stevie wonder.

I don’t believe they do.
I think the emphasis is on personal development before team performance.
We have a hint of that in the move Van Es forward story.
Also, I understand that Batchelor has a strong reporting line to Carroll.
If that’s the case, it doesn’t matter the colour of the jumper.
Nor the $’s invested.
The coach of the team is vested in a philosophy that emphasises personal before team.
The reality is that Sandringham is a feeder team.
As a matter of interest, I also believe that this is the same approach taken by both Hawthorn and Collingwood.
The reasons behind Sandringham’s performance might lie elsewhere.
Sandringham is not the problem, imo we only loose by cutting an important link to the local community.

It’s piece of selective garbage used to promote a false narrative about a player he and others are hating on like gresham. Clark was our number 1 in distance covered per game in 2020 and compared favourable with the leaders at other clubs but yeah right now he has no tank. This place has become a bit of a joke lately, you’d get more astute observations on games and players from stevie wonder.

1692307813809.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wait til Mitch gets a year in the middle.
Mitch had to play one of the most hardest roles in footy this year. A undersized kpf, hf, relief ruck hybrid thingy. It's not a position where you'll get 30 touches. If he can get some decent minutes through the midfield think he will kill it

There’s a difference between covering ground, and covering ground at pace.
Clark can hardly get out of first gear. He’s a plodder.

Yeah, it's the pace he moves at, not the ground he covers. He looks so noticeably slow that it hurts. He's easily our best kick inside forward 50 and he can win his own ball as well as any of our mids. He's a guy that could get carried with a better midfield around him but our blue-collar set up requires everyone to share the load.

I think he could easily embarrass us at another club but if we don't add some more quality in the midfield he's got a bit of liability about him. I think they bring him on as a sub because once the pace goes out of the game he's playing on a more even level.

Mitch had to play one of the most hardest roles in footy this year. A undersized kpf, hf, relief ruck hybrid thingy. It's not a position where you'll get 30 touches. If he can get some decent minutes through the midfield think he will kill it

I think he's building to it but still looks like he drifts out of games when on ball. Probably a year or two off taking control of the midfield but the signs look like he's going to be very high impact. A Cripps size DeGoey.

If the plan is to trade out players for first round draft picks than it already sounds flawed to me.

One, we don't really have anyone of value outside of possibly Gresham and two, the draft looks quite average and shallow this year.

I think the only way we get something decent for Gresham is if he goes to a bottom side with plenty of cap space.

Unfortunately we have missed the boat with Clark, Coff is worth very little and no one is giving up a first for Howard.

The only way I see it happening is trading out a heap of players and hoping we can put all those picks together to move up the draft, which is never easy and is going to put a decent hole in the list to get a pick in an average draft.
I would think the strategy maybe to trade out certain players eg. Gresham, Paton, Clark then bundle those picks for gold coasts first!

Yeah exactly. Ideally we probably wouldn't want to lose Doug without a replacement. But if the asking price is inflated because of lack of supply and we think Cordy or a budget buy replacement can help us for 1-2 years like Nath Brown did, I think we go for it based on where we are with this list (aiming to build around King, Owens and co not the top bunch)

Teams willing to overpay for a key back like Doug are at the other end of the timeline from us and are probably trying to win it all asap
There’s some really promising tall defenders at the early part of the draft!

Coffield had had multiple injuries this year alone, they want to make sure he’s durable enough to sign him up.

Reminds me a bit of Daniel Markworth. A heck of a talent but we just couldn't get him on the park.

Sometimes it may be better to move on and give someone else the chance and resources of the club.

We don't know his status with his injuries, only the club knows that.

Reminds me a bit of Daniel Markworth. A heck of a talent but we just couldn't get him on the park.

Sometimes it may be better to move on and give someone else the chance and resources of the club.

We don't know his status with his injuries, only the club knows that.
He hasn't had recurring injuries of the same type like Markworth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back