List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do manage players differently, they are usually happy to work with who ever the player wants to move to in a constructive manner. They seem to have less ego on the line. Bell and Dodoro types seem to want to scare off raiders by playing it out in the most painful manner so that no-one comes chasing their players.

Helps to be stacked with academy kids so always run a surplus of talent.
Well why would they worry…they know they’re just going to get a nice academy crop the next season afterall?

*Oh whoops…I probably should have read your entire post before I replied…saying exactly what you did!

I'd be amazed if we bothered chasing any player that would cost us a first round pick.

The only player that would make any sense from a club point of view is DeGoey.

Parish would have been a good get 2 years ago when they were playing him out of position but wouldn't be worth the cost now.

The last thing we need is a Matt Crouch taking games away from Windhager and Owens.

Mitchell is too old.

Take the first to the draft, try and improve our draft hand and look for one or two cheap options that fill a need.
All of this 👍🏼

The game plan is to play seems to be play congested football at all costs.
Hill is a run and carry player, and has proven that in his previous clubs. We have exposed him in pressure situations and hasn’t performed.

My post is referring to not just Hill.
Why have we drafted a 2m full forward.

We all know Kings strength is to mark the ball at the highest point, yet we either bomb it on his head or over his head so he runs into it?
Game plan doesn’t play to our strengths.
Can I add our small forwards are never front and centre to the bomb kick

That's AFL footy a pressure game i'd suggest if he wan's it easier he join a suburban comp.

I would say part of Kings issue is his moving patterns & he mis judges the ball at times & allows his opponent to push him under the flight of the ball.
Nah can’t agree here,it’s all upper body strength.

Instead of going to for shitkickers playing in the reserves of other teams, why don’t we do a Demons & trade next yrs 1st pick into this yr for another top 10 pick?

From memory, Dees have done it twice for Oliver/Weideman, then Jackson/Pickett

If Hill leaves for Norf with the highly rumoured end of 1st Rd pick coming to us for him, that’s 2 top 10 picks & 2 picks in the 20s… 🤔

Then just hit the draft & take 1-2 free agents
Agree with you here Rors, I reckon this is a big trade period for us to build the talent around the core group of kids we already have.
I still think if we are serious about finals and premierships, tough conversation will have to be had and move on our 2023 fringe players. Cash in on them now and hit the draft.

Agree with you here Rors, I reckon this is a big trade period for us to build the talent around the core group of kids we already have.
I still think if we are serious about finals and premierships, tough conversation will have to be had and move on our 2023 fringe players. Cash in on them now and hit the draft.
Easier said than done unfortunately. The Dee's did it off the back of their bad sesson so folks thought they'd finish in the bottom half.
We being middle ground are a different proposition, and if we recruit well folks might think we are a finals chance.

I also agree with the OP but would look to other options like Brizzy, Port(NMW) or better yet grab a Bruhn type without paying a FRDP.

Ideal world we'd head in with our 1st, Brisbane's, and p20 from Norff. Including our future 1st thats a strong hand to wheel and deal.

I like the sound of De Goey and McKenna for $$.

Trade Hill for the rumoured end of 1st and 3rd.

Future second for Bruhn

Hill pick and third rounder for lions 1st rounder if they bow out in straight sets.

Take pick 10, mid teens, second rounder to the draft

As much as I would love a strong bodied key back I don’t know if there are any we’d want available.

At the risk of starting another fire, Dunstan was our best mid and close to best player in the second half of the year or at least second best. If you can't see how that might have helped us win a couple of extra games especially with Steele, Gresham and Jones all missing games, I think you are closing your mind off to save your sanity.

I reckon if Bytel had been able to step up it might have had the same outcome but we needed a depth high production mid and we didn't have one. That's why I'm not against chasing a Crouch type on the cheap. If the report comes back that we are on the cusp we probably need to have someone like Dunstan is for Melbourne. Perhaps next year one of the kids steps up again but they are a long way off replacing one of the prime mids if they go down. Clark should be running his arse off.

6FvrUn6.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, same with lawyers. Do more take it than the general population? Sure. Do all of them do it? No. It's more prolific but it's probably one in 50 or 200 semi regularly take it. Probably one in 10,000 to 50,000 in the general population. Even young lawyers it's probably only that sort of range and even then it's mostly at a party or special occasion. Even for wealthy people it's a pretty expensive past time.

I'd suggest that it's pretty similar in footy. You'd probably find a lot had tried it but I doubt heaps semi regularly use it. Just having to flush your system and all that s**t would be a major pain in the arse.
OK you are way off. I know several current AFL players, a couple VFL and a few recently retired. It's not rare. It's very very frequent... Which is pretty normal considering how frequent it is amongst young men in that age bracket.
You are also pretty off about flushing it out of your system. For standard urine tests coke can generally be out of your system the following day and is rarely detectable 72 hours later.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

That's AFL footy a pressure game i'd suggest if he wan's it easier he join a suburban comp.

I would say part of Kings issue is his moving patterns & he mis judges the ball at times & allows his opponent to push him under the flight of the ball.
I’m not doubting Kings positioning around the forward line really needs work, but I don’t like seeing him defensive side of the center. He’s our tall forward target not link up player.

I know it was reported, but a little more info i received on the weekend regarding Brad Hill..

Very Loose guy in regards to socially, rocks up late to meetings, extremely moody and him leaving is player driven not him, more players a fed up with him.

Probably another reason the board wanted to take a closer look at the De Goey situation. Hill Is out 100% looks like 40c-60c on the dollar will be the likely outcome not the 80c-90c as we were probably hoping for.

And yet, he runs harder and faster than any of our players on match day. Maybe our players need to work on their own fitness and skills instead of worrying about whether a 3 time premiership player is late to a meeting or moody.... looks like Iike our culture of nice but mediocre choir boys is here to stay.

I’m not doubting Kings positioning around the forward line really needs work, but I don’t like seeing him defensive side of the center. He’s our tall forward target not link up player.
King is developing mighty fine , this year he kicked 52 goals and the only time anyone has kicked more was 10 years ago - Milne with 56.
With Jack Hayes coming back into the side we will have another marking target to help take the heat off of Max and with a little better kicking performance he could easily kick well over 70 goals next year.

And yet, he runs harder and faster than any of our players on match day. Maybe our players need to work on their own fitness and skills instead of worrying about whether a 3 time premiership player is late to a meeting or moody.... looks like Iike our culture of nice but mediocre choir boys is here to stay.
More to footy than running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back