List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another huge turnover coming up I would suspect. I've counted 10 blokes that probably won't get another contract at year's end:

Aaron Hall
Jed Anderson
Josh Walker
Kayne Turner
Kyron Hayden
Lachie Young
Matt McGuinness
Patrick Walker
Todd Goldstein
Tom Lynch
Atu Bosenavulagi

I'd personally consider giving Lachie Young and Atu another year, but wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen.

Imagine the treatment JHF would get every game from every opposition team if he ran home to SA year 2 from a team in a rebuild.

I don't know how many times it needs to be pointed out that part of why he went pick 1 was his character. He was also desperate to go pick 1, normally (unless you're heading to Footscray) that is to the worst team in the league.
I actually think as professionals they would understand it,
If we rely on the what would people say if he went home ? As a tactic to retain him, we are ****ed…..welll more ****ed.

We need to prove to him we are fair dinkum just as much as he has to prove it to us.

We are one Larkey injury away from playing a 1 gamer as our #1 forward.

We are one McKay injury from playing a bloke who's been delisted twice as our chief KPD.

They have absolutely torched our list. We turfed out experienced, key players, to the point they left on bad terms after years of great service, and didn't replace them with a remotely like for like replacement.

It seems we're building our list from the inside out (midfield first, then work out). I'm personally a believer in the total opposite, but both can work if done properly.

This will naturally mean our list will look much stronger in the midfield than anywhere else, and that make sense when you watch on matchday, where we are often matching it or winning it at stoppages, and then looking lost after that.

The puzzling thing is how you enter a year as skinny at the key defender position as we have.

I don't think this is a very good idea
Again

He is not the reason why we are in the shit.

He is limited but a mile down the list of important problems.

Some sacred cows getting a pass here

I actually think as professionals they would understand it,
If we rely on the what would people say if he went home ? As a tactic to retain him, we are f’ed…..welll more f’ed.

We need to prove to him we are fair dinkum just as much as he has to prove it to us.

We wouldn't need to rely on it, although needless to say he'd cop it for life. I never mentioned it as a tactic, just as an aside.

This kid has been sold on his character. We don't need to prove anything to him this early in a rebuild, he's a kid that plays football for a lot of money. He will get a lot more money. We passed on two trades that would be good enough to pick up a top 5 player in the league so I think we've proven we're fair dinkum on where we see him. He's been very good but is also prone to some simple errors himself (wandering into restricted areas for example) but that's fine, he's a kid in a team with a lot of guys that need development. The only reason people worry is because he's from SA but those clubs aren't necessarily lures either.

It seems we're building our list from the inside out (midfield first, then work out). I'm personally a believer in the total opposite, but both can work if done properly.

This will naturally mean our list will look much stronger in the midfield than anywhere else, and that make sense when you watch on matchday, where we are often matching it or winning it at stoppages, and then looking lost after that.

The puzzling thing is how you enter a year as skinny at the key defender position as we have.
It's called bad list management. Blind Freddy could see this issue coming. So how do those in charge ignore it???

I don't think this is a very good idea

Yeah I understand the hate he cops but I personally feel he'd be a solid piece in a competent side.

It's hard for anyone to look consistently good when part of a team as devoid of confidence as ours. I think he's the type of player that would rise with the collective.

It's no surprise players like Will Fordham, Will Walker and Tom Murphy look like some handy players when in a competent side - the same blokes were whipping boys on here not long ago.

Again, I understand that some would prefer he never pull on a North guernsey after this year but I see enough in him to give him another year.

North should genuinely consider trading their first round pick this year (assuming it's top 5~) for an established player.

I said it last year before we solidified the #1 pick and that meant JHF, but I would love NMFC to make a genuine push to bring Harry McKay over to North from Carlton to play with his twin Ben.

Harry up forward as our #1 KPF.
Ben down back as our #1 KPD.

Stuff dreams are made of.

Another huge turnover coming up I would suspect. I've counted 10 blokes that probably won't get another contract at year's end:

Aaron Hall
Jed Anderson
Josh Walker
Kayne Turner
Kyron Hayden
Lachie Young
Matt McGuinness
Patrick Walker
Todd Goldstein
Tom Lynch
Atu Bosenavulagi

I'd personally consider giving Lachie Young and Atu another year, but wouldn't be surprised if that didn't happen.
cc01a9074f2940651001bb3aa7a8c62b.jpg

Aaron Hall
Jed Anderson
Josh Walker
Kayne Turner
Kyron Hayden
Lachie Young
Matt McGuinness
Patrick Walker
Todd Goldstein
Tom Lynch
Atu Bosenavulagi

We need to bring in some genuine mature talent from either other clubs or the state leagues. If we don't we're not gonna be out of the bottom four for another two years.

We wouldn't need to rely on it, although needless to say he'd cop it for life. I never mentioned it as a tactic, just as an aside.

This kid has been sold on his character. We don't need to prove anything to him this early in a rebuild, he's a kid that plays football for a lot of money. He will get a lot more money. We passed on two trades that would be good enough to pick up a top 5 player in the league so I think we've proven we're fair dinkum on where we see him. He's been very good but is also prone to some simple errors himself (wandering into restricted areas for example) but that's fine, he's a kid in a team with a lot of guys that need development. The only reason people worry is because he's from SA but those clubs aren't necessarily lures either.
We are fair dinkum on where we see him but we need to prove we are fair dinkum we will give him the opportunity for flags and medals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are fair dinkum on where we see him but we need to prove we are fair dinkum we will give him the opportunity for flags and medals

They need to prove to us they're fair dinkum for flags and medals. That they are operational suggests they are.

I'm a definite believer in building your KPP first. They take a shit load longer to come on and are much harder to find outside the top 10.

Mids can come from anywhere and any pick and still be serviceable or better.

The Phillips pick is the most puzzling so far imo, we could of went a McDonald/Powell combo as KPF is a massive need just behind KPD but instead we double down.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Again

He is not the reason why we are in the shit.

He is limited but a mile down the list of important problems.

Some sacred cows getting a pass here

Far be it from me to miss out on sacred cows mate. There's many many reasons we are losing games by heaps and Simpkin, Goldstein, Larkey etc are all playing their role in that

Young is much easily replaced than that lot however

We need to bring in some genuine mature talent from either other clubs or the state leagues. If we don't we're not gonna be out of the bottom four for another two years.
The rise of clubs like Brisbane (and Melbourne) has as much to do with savvy, targeted and fair trading as it has to do with high draft picks.

The thing is that these clubs were willing to still play young talent while bringing in solid-good-great trade pickups over numerous years.

The rise of clubs like Brisbane (and Melbourne) has as much to do with savvy, targeted and fair trading as it has to do with high draft picks.

The thing is that these clubs were willing to still play young talent while bringing in solid-good-great trade pickups over numerous years.
Would be nice if Jayden Short could be our Michael Hibberd but we're dreaming if he wants to come to us.

Far be it from me to miss out on sacred cows mate. There's many many reasons we are losing games by heaps and Simpkin, Goldstein, Larkey etc are all playing their role in that

Young is much easily replaced than that lot however
Just making sure

From what I’ve been told we actually got offered the Brodie deal first and we didn’t entertain it. We wanted McPherson and he didn’t want to leave GC. So it all fell through. Freo had convince Brodie that he would get game time as his priority was to get back to Vic. Freo ended up giving him a good deal and the rest is history.

So instead of acquiring an inside mid in Brodie that fits our list profile, we obtain Greenwood who has 2 seasons in him?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So many spuds on the team

Aaron Hall
Jed Anderson
Josh Walker
Kayne Turner
Kyron Hayden
Lachie Young
Matt McGuinness
Patrick Walker
Todd Goldstein
Tom Lynch
Atu Bosenavulagi

Young will probably get 2 years but that's it.
Purge the state leagues for good mature talent and we'll be set. Got enough kids barring the 1-2 we gotta get with an early pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back