2014 Membership tallies - Final AFL 2014 Tally in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Extra in reference to the standard distribution.

Considering us, the Saints and Dogs are playing at Etihad under a deal negotiated by the AFL where we get reamed in comparison to every other stadium deal in the country, and at the end of the deal the AFL (i.e. all clubs) will own the stadium, I think you should be saying thank you, not criticising. Also factor in the bullshit time slots clubs like us, the Dogs and the Demons have been playing over the last few years and that extra few million from AFL coffers looks more than fair.

Considering us, the Saints and Dogs are playing at Etihad under a deal negotiated by the AFL where we get reamed in comparison to every other stadium deal in the country, and at the end of the deal the AFL (i.e. all clubs) will own the stadium, I think you should be saying thank you, not criticising. Also factor in the bullshit time slots clubs like us, the Dogs and the Demons have been playing over the last few years and that extra few million from AFL coffers looks more than fair.

What Id like to know is why North, the Bulldogs and the Saints evidently cant even get a deal at Etihad - all their deals expired prior to the new AFL arrangement in 2009 and werent renewed or renegetiated from 2007 on. Then again ID also like to know how Melbourne got guaranteed its home and away games all at the MCG too.

What Id like to know is why North, the Bulldogs and the Saints evidently cant even get a deal at Etihad - all their deals expired prior to the new AFL arrangement in 2009 and werent renewed or renegetiated from 2007 on. Then again ID also like to know how Melbourne got guaranteed its home and away games all at the MCG too.

Good question. Perhaps the AFL have told the clubs to take it on the chin (considering the AFL veto where all games are played the clubs can't go anywhere else) and that they will provide extra funding over the duration.

The tiger have had crap time slots as well. hardly played any Friday night games.

Um probably because it's our home ground??? We generally play 8 home games there, 2 in NT this year and one at Docklands.

Um probably because it's our home ground??? We generally play 8 home games there, 2 in NT this year and one at Docklands.

I dont care about your home games, have all of them you want. I want to know why you seem to get away games guaranteed as well.

In 2013, Melbourne played Essendon (51,153), Carlton (35,286) and St Kilda (28,751) away at the MCG last season. All three clubs are Etihad based clubs, and all three crowds are better suited to Etihad.

In 2012, Melbourne played the same three sides away at the MCG.

I dont care about your home games, have all of them you want. I want to know why you seem to get away games guaranteed as well.

In 2013, Melbourne played Essendon (51,153), Carlton (35,286) and St Kilda (28,751) away at the MCG last season. All three clubs are Etihad based clubs, and all three crowds are better suited to Etihad.

In 2012, Melbourne played the same three sides away at the MCG.

Yeah fair enough. Generally we play North there away, maybe Saints and that is it. I guess when looking at playing Essendon or Carlton it is the difference between a potential 45-50k crowd (when we're going better than complete shit) and a ~35k crowd. Right or worng (and it shits me as much as anyone) our supporters particularly MCC members won't travel to Docklands. That's at least 10K you can wipe off the crowd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Membership News this week:

2014members20012014.png

That would mean a good couple thousand Victorian members for Fremantle as well.

If it's 'ticketed' members it could be from all over the country. This year is the first year that the club has offered separate SA, NSW and Queensland memberships with a ticket to the local game we play there.
Not that i'd expect we'd have more than a few hundred members in each state though. For a 1 game membership it's not exactly cheap.

That would mean a good couple thousand Victorian members for Fremantle as well.

Definitely - but according to the article..."There's only around 200 reserved seat memberships left as we speak."

So looks like Freo will now have a waiting list as well this year - would this be the first time?
That new 60k stadium can't come soon enough...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back