Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

hes a ****en forward ffs !!

Do you see the conundrum

Plays first afl game, kicks three goals playing as a forward, next minute dropped to the reserves and played in the back pocket, returns to the seniors in the backline.

Goals don't win matches according to Dimma defence does

Do you see the conundrum

Plays first afl game, kicks three goals playing as a forward, next minute dropped to the reserves and played in the back pocket, returns to the seniors in the backline.

Goals don't win matches according to Dimma defence does
club is in turmoil

I think his kicking out from defence is a big weapon, but his goal smarts (like his goal last night) are a bigger weapon.

I'd definitely release him forward to work in tandem with Rioli to give us a couple of speedy and dangerous pressure forwards

hes a ****en forward ffs !!

Played more back and midfield as a junior then a forward. His kick outs are the best we've kicked out in ages despite the risk and Dimma sooking they are too risky it's better then kicking to HBF and watching it come straight back into d50 or out of bounds and us losing the clearance.

Had a good game lets not lose sight of his real role though. anyone who did not take note of the snapped goal he kicked are blind. he knows where they are that is for sure.

What i dont get is the clubs total inconsistency in this. How many years has Hardwick rolled out the excuse of the team needing a defensive fwd to justify playing favorites.
Yet here we have a sml fwd who has genuine pace applies plenty of pressure weather its just chasing and harassing or tackling who has a real goal sense yet he is shunted off to the backline.
Some of the comings and goings at the club have been incredible to watch.

What it all proves is they have no plan no idea and are just desperately grasping at straws.

Had a good game lets not lose sight of his real role though. anyone who did not take note of the snapped goal he kicked are blind. he knows where they are that is for sure.

What i dont get is the clubs total inconsistency in this. How many years has Hardwick rolled out the excuse of the team needing a defensive fwd to justify playing favorites.
Yet here we have a sml fwd who has genuine pace applies plenty of pressure weather its just chasing and harassing or tackling who has a real goal sense yet he is shunted off to the backline.
Some of the comings and goings at the club have been incredible to watch.

What it all proves is they have no plan no idea and are just desperately grasping at straws.

Two most important roles on the grounmd for us - half back flanlker and defensive forward - hence we never draft a gun midfielder or key forward or back, we'll always look for the flanker!

Played more back and midfield as a junior then a forward. His kick outs are the best we've kicked out in ages despite the risk and Dimma sooking they are too risky it's better then kicking to HBF and watching it come straight back into d50 or out of bounds and us losing the clearance.

Short seems pretty confident and willing to take the game on, maybe even a little bit cocky for a first year player. I like it, that type is missing in our team. I think Rioli is cut from the same cloth.

Short seems pretty confident and willing to take the game on, maybe even a little bit cocky for a first year player. I like it, that type is missing in our team. I think Rioli is cut from the same cloth.

Unfortunately Dimma ain't. He is from the play the percentages team. Funny how the best teams in the world these days (and for last 5-6 years) play a risky offensive style game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shit player for afl standard.

Sent from my SM-T355Y using Tapatalk
You taking the piss pal?

Not sure who you were watching but he was pretty good last night. Playing in a role he is new to and thus far he is surprising me. Recruited as a forward but I guess this is a spot the club has pencilled in for Rioli and Lennon with Lloyd already up there you can't play them all.

The benefit of our demise and also injuries this year is trying fringe/new players in different positions. Short has a long way to go but the early signs are promising:thumbsu:

I haven't watched the last 2 games. With that being said, I've watched him at VFL level and he's better in the back line IMO. He can kick good goals, particularly from stoppages, but he doesn't look like a natural deep forward. He doesn't really seem to get to dangerous spots. I always liked him further up the ground where he seems to read it better and where his tenacity and ball use become weapons.

Shows good balance and moves well, reminds me of Chris Knights, uses the ball well, he's just a bit small and light so few spots he can play. Shutdown back pocket or competing with Rioli and Lloyd.

You taking the piss pal?

Not sure who you were watching but he was pretty good last night. Playing in a role he is new to and thus far he is surprising me. Recruited as a forward but I guess this is a spot the club has pencilled in for Rioli and Lennon with Lloyd already up there you can't play them all.

The benefit of our demise and also injuries this year is trying fringe/new players in different positions. Short has a long way to go but the early signs are promising:thumbsu:
I was there watching and yes thats my opinion.

So after eight games you are confident that we should put a line through him are you? He can't improve on his skills, endurance, size, decision making etc. WOW!
Not completely sure no but in my opinion from what i have seen yeah, im sick of us waiting for mediocre players to come good. I want a premiership.

Not completely sure no but in my opinion from what i have seen yeah, im sick of us waiting for mediocre players to come good. I want a premiership.

Well pal I hope you aren't crook or too old because you have a fair wait on your hands with or without Short on our list.

Yes despite him showing some very good form in the midfield, he's back to the hbf! And we continue to get smashed in clearances. Go figure.
Dimma is jealous that Floss is better than himself. Trying to hold him back into a back pocket scrapper like himself.

I think his kicking out from defence is a big weapon, but his goal smarts (like his goal last night) are a bigger weapon.

I'd definitely release him forward to work in tandem with Rioli to give us a couple of speedy and dangerous pressure forwards
Dimma threw him under a bus last week for his kicking out

We’re finding out about a few players at the moment, we’re trying guys in different positions…but we do look forward to some guys getting an opportunity." - Damien Hardwick, 1 July 2016

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back