Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Big part of the reason I wasn't too keen on Rioli as well. I wouldn't call it a wasted pick though. They play quite differently and could fit in the same forward line IMO.
Maybe a bit tough tough to call it wasted but we already had Short, Lloyd and Butler already on the list for that role. We probably could have got him at 24/25 as well.

Maybe a bit tough tough to call it wasted but we already had Short, Lloyd and Butler already on the list for that role. We probably could have got him at 24/25 as well.
He's very quick and if he builds a good tank, i'd like to see him playing off the wing so that like in NAB 3 i think it was he can burst from the clearance and lay it up for the forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent first game and lived up to what I observed round 1 in the VFL last year. Looked So natural in everything he did as a small fwd. my only fear is he could end up in the back pocket on puopolou when we play Hawthorn
I think Jayden is there for the experience atm. Yep kicked three goals and thankfully that should ensure he gets another game, Trouble is his overall output is nowhere near afl level atm. He looks like he is worth persevering with but when the goals dry up he will need other factors to his game at this level.He is also sverly lacking size and strength and it will take a heavy toll on him pretty quickly.
Hopefully him Butler and Rioli are given a sort of rotation thru the year. We have to find and fast track a few small forwards without adversly affecting the team, i think this is the best way to do it.
In an ideal world i would prefer the juniors tearing it up in the vfl and then come in. Unfortunately the vfl side is a basket case and there is little chance to shine, imo atm it is better to play them the juniors with better players around them in the ones if it can be done without losing too much..

I think he was stung after that knock to the shoulder , If that contested mark was any indication of his strength then he looks to be up the standard. FP will never accumulate big numbers they need to feast on every chance they get.
Looks to have some real tools to work with , look forward to seeing shorty in action again this Saturday

I think Jayden is there for the experience atm. Yep kicked three goals and thankfully that should ensure he gets another game, Trouble is his overall output is nowhere near afl level atm. He looks like he is worth persevering with but when the goals dry up he will need other factors to his game at this level.He is also sverly lacking size and strength and it will take a heavy toll on him pretty quickly.
Hopefully him Butler and Rioli are given a sort of rotation thru the year. We have to find and fast track a few small forwards without adversly affecting the team, i think this is the best way to do it.
In an ideal world i would prefer the juniors tearing it up in the vfl and then come in. Unfortunately the vfl side is a basket case and there is little chance to shine, imo atm it is better to play them the juniors with better players around them in the ones if it can be done without losing too much..
Agree , but he's not as undersized as you think. They guy is a hard nut a bit like that ex cat/ Roos guy Scott from many years ago . I think it was Robert Scott
Yes they need rooming in and rotating as it's more building their experience confidence and bodies. It's strange it appears we're starting a mini rebuild 7 yrs after the original one was started. I still think it's more to do with injuries rather than by choice

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #15: Jayden Short

Remove this Banner Ad

Back