Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

That 'disagree' emoji always looks harsh to me, so I wanna explain why I disagree:
Honestly sick of the hate towards Ned.
He has 2 roles which he plays where he's great.

Sub - He's a high energy individual, which is amazing coming off the bench. As others are fatiguing, he can come on and run everyone off their legs. We saw it vs Collingwood last year where he had 16 touches in a half. And we saw it vs St Kilda where he had 13 touches and a goal in a quarter.
Every player who comes on as sub, say, after half-time, comes on with fresh legs and high energy.
That's obviously the case, since they have not played a half of footy.
Ned has no special attributes in the 'high-energy' or 'fresh' factors.
It's true that he had impact vs. Collingwood and St. Kilda but those games are exceptions, not the norm.
McHenry is usually a low-impact player.
He huffs and he puffs, but he doesn't blow anybody's house down.
What we got from Berry on the weekend was no different then what we've seen from McHenry as the sub.
No.
Just, NO.
For starters, do you think McHenry would have snapped the winning goal, as Berry did?
Not a snowflake's chance in Hell.
In fact, McHenry has been more consistent than Soligo/Berry/Pedlar who have all played as the sub in past seasons.
Again, no. It's clear to most of us in here that Soligo is a gun, Pedlar has a big future.
If I was a selector (and I'm not, so it's moot) I'd pick Berry ahead of McHenry every time, but we can agree to disagree about that.
Look at McHenry vs. Carlton last week, when not as sub, well-summarised by this:
Seriously the dropped marks .the miss from 25 out, the over runs , the missed tackles and allowing players to run past you as [if] not there , and of course lets not forget finally getting one of his big 23 metre kicks out of D straight to Carlton player for a goal .
McHenry was awful.
McHenry is awful many, many more times than he is good.
But, if we are to play him from the start, the only role that works for him is a FP who doesn't go beyond 75m out from goal. There is no other player in our team since Tom Lynch left who I trust more with ball in hand 60-75m out for that final i50 kick. He doesn't blaze away to the top of the square. He lowers his eyes and hits up a good lead to 40m out.
Well, Dawson/ Soligo/ Rankine/ Tex, for starters, are all much better kicks than McHenry.
When I read the sentence in red bold above, I wondered if you were serious.
30-40m out in front, would you trust McHenry to kick that?
I would not, in fact I doubt he'd make the distance of 40m.
McHenry in one way is a massive bust. For a first round pick to be relegated to role player? Embarrassing, this is what you expect from a 3rd round or rookie pick. However, he has those 2 above roles (impact sub/final i50 kick) which play to his strengths and make the team better, and could very well be the cream on top which takes a team from a challenger to a premiership winning team.
Oh, please :rolleyes: .
McHenry is a dud; a total bust.
For a first-round pick to be relegated to role-player as sub is embarrassing because it tells us that he is just not good enough to positively impact a full game. He's an embarrassment to the recruiters who chose him.
McHenry? Cream on top? Nonsense.
McHenry is a dead, lead weight, an albatross curse around Nicks' and the recruiters' necks.
You don't build a team around him, but if you're pushing for finals, or higher. You keep them, because he is the type of player which will take you further.
McHenry and Sholl are Nicks' mysterious yo-yos, in and out of the side.
They might be terrific young men, but are not AFL-standard;. Neither add positive game-changing impact.
Neither will take the Crows anywhere, especially not "further".

Sub - He's a high energy individual, which is amazing coming off the bench. As others are fatiguing, he can come on and run everyone off their legs. We saw it vs Collingwood last year where he had 16 touches in a half. And we saw it vs St Kilda where he had 13 touches and a goal in a quarter.

What we got from Berry on the weekend was no different then what we've seen from McHenry as the sub. Infact, McHenry has been more consistent than Soligo/Berry/Pedlar who have all played as the sub in past seasons. Those 3 are confidence players (Along with others like O'Brien/Gollant/Fogarty/Thilthorpe), while McHenry is a terrier. Give those 3 confidence with the start, back them in, and if and only if they can't get into the game (Which we've seen here and there) you then bring in McHenry. You know what you'll get when you input that energy in the 3rd or 4th quarter. And it's an asset.

But, if we are to play him from the start, the only role that works for him is a FP who doesn't go beyond 75m out from goal. There is no other player in our team since Tom Lynch left who I trust more with ball in hand 60-75m out for that final i50 kick. He doesn't blaze away to the top of the square. He lowers his eyes and hits up a good lead to 40m out.

McHenry in one way is a massive bust. For a first round pick to be relegated to role player? Embarrassing, this is what you expect from a 3rd round or rookie pick. However, he has those 2 above roles (impact sub/final i50 kick) which play to his strengths and make the team better, and could very well be the cream on top which takes a team from a challenger to a premiership winning team.

You don't build a team around him, but if you're pushing for finals, or higher. You keep them, because he is the type of player which will take you further.

Having said that, shoehorning him into the Murphy role rn is a disaster. Maybe Nicks can just eradicate that role cause whoever plays it is destined for a near statless game with no opportunity to work into the game and actually do anything offensively.

Hes the guys you keep around to lead the post flag fishing trip.

Trust me, he aint going nowhere.
Every team has one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't seen it but I just don't believe a head coach would be stupid enough to write off an entire player for the year in a press conference

I mean that's just horrendous for morale. Idiotic

It happened at the AFC before - I think Harrison Wigg?

Was dominating in the SANFL and whoever our Coach was at the time said he was performing well and was in line for a debut NEXT SEASON.

Reckon we will lose this.

I feel the club will be pretty content and relieved to get the win. Nicks reckons we’ve now got momentum after one win. In reality:

We won kicking unbelievably accurately
Carlton copped 2 injuries
Carlton would have won had they kicked a little bit more accurately
Carlton should have won had Owies not kicked the ground
Even in front with seconds left the ball was deep in their forward line

This week:
No Crouch
Rankine and Soligo dominating won’t take Essendon by surpise
Essendon have a strong midfield and move the ball quickly
Only played here 2 weeks ago and will want redemption
We struggle against them
Nicks is a smug useless ********

Yeah, changing my tip.

Carlton were terrible, we were lucky to win.

That 'disagree' emoji always looks harsh to me, so I wanna explain why I disagree:

Every player who comes on as sub, say, after half-time, comes on with fresh legs and high energy.
That's obviously the case, since they have not played a half of footy.
Ned has no special attributes in the 'high-energy' or 'fresh' factors.
It's true that he had impact vs. Collingwood and St. Kilda but those games are exceptions, not the norm.
McHenry is usually a low-impact player.
He huffs and he puffs, but he doesn't blow anybody's house down.

No.
Just, NO.
For starters, do you think McHenry would have snapped the winning goal, as Berry did?
Not a snowflake's chance in Hell.

Again, no. It's clear to most of us in here that Soligo is a gun, Pedlar has a big future.
If I was a selector (and I'm not, so it's moot) I'd pick Berry ahead of McHenry every time, but we can agree to disagree about that.
Look at McHenry vs. Carlton last week, when not as sub, well-summarised by this:

McHenry was awful.
McHenry is awful many, many more times than he is good.

Well, Dawson/ Soligo/ Rankine/ Tex, for starters, are all much better kicks than McHenry.
When I read the sentence in red bold above, I wondered if you were serious.
30-40m out in front, would you trust McHenry to kick that?
I would not, in fact I doubt he'd make the distance of 40m.

Oh, please :rolleyes: .
McHenry is a dud; a total bust.
For a first-round pick to be relegated to role-player as sub is embarrassing because it tells us that he is just not good enough to positively impact a full game. He's an embarrassment to the recruiters who chose him.
McHenry? Cream on top? Nonsense.
McHenry is a dead, lead weight, an albatross curse around Nicks' and the recruiters' necks.

McHenry and Sholl are Nicks' mysterious yo-yos, in and out of the side.
They might be terrific young men, but are not AFL-standard;. Neither add positive game-changing impact.
Neither will take the Crows anywhere, especially not "further".
You sir are on equal footing with me for hatred of poor Ned. I'm sure he's a great guy but I never want to see him in Crows colours again, unfortunately I'll have to tonight.
Anyway go Crows as always.
Ned, prove me wrong.
(I have no faith in that last post).

Reckon we will lose this.

I feel the club will be pretty content and relieved to get the win. Nicks reckons we’ve now got momentum after one win. In reality:

We won kicking unbelievably accurately
Carlton copped 2 injuries
Carlton would have won had they kicked a little bit more accurately
Carlton should have won had Owies not kicked the ground
Even in front with seconds left the ball was deep in their forward line

This week:
No Crouch
Rankine and Soligo dominating won’t take Essendon by surpise
Essendon have a strong midfield and move the ball quickly
Only played here 2 weeks ago and will want redemption
We struggle against them
Nicks is a smug useless ********
What this bloke said again

What we got from Berry on the weekend was no different then what we've seen from McHenry as the sub. Infact, McHenry has been more consistent than Soligo/Berry/Pedlar who have all played as the sub in past seasons. Those 3 are confidence players (Along with others like O'Brien/Gollant/Fogarty/Thilthorpe), while McHenry is a terrier. Give those 3 confidence with the start, back them in, and if and only if they can't get into the game (Which we've seen here and there) you then bring in McHenry. You know what you'll get when you input that energy in the 3rd or 4th quarter. And it's an asset.

Having said that, shoehorning him into the Murphy role rn is a disaster. Maybe Nicks can just eradicate that role cause whoever plays it is destined for a near statless game with no opportunity to work into the game and actually do anything offensively.
My hate is directed at ogilvie for drafting him and nicks for playing him. Its also on Roo and Reid for not trading him.

IN: Dowling, Curtin, Strachan, Taylor
Strachan is ROB with a better kick. Granted that is better but we might be better off bringing in a player that has more strings to their bow in the ruck and up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back