2nds 2024 Adelaide Crows SANFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Its obvious we're trying to let him learn to defend. I think at AFL level, its time for him to play Smiths role but even smith still had to defend one on one contests all the time.
Crows thinking.
Lets reinforce our focus on his weaknesses instead of building on his strengths

Last edited:

Pedlar started well in the 3rd. Atrocious umpiring 20-9 free kicks.

One thing I will say about Pedlar though, his work rate and repeat efforts aren’t great, which makes me think that’s why he doesn’t get a midfield gig. If he loses a contest he often just stays on the ground or looks frustrated, whilst his opponent is quickly up and about providing run and support. Lacks endurance, imo

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m at the game. From ground level it just looks like it’s a mixture of poor skills, particularly with our top ups, and poor work rate/fitness, some of that our top ups too. Schoenberg lively in moments.
It’s the same issue with our AFL side though, not working to support the drop of the ball, or each other around the stoppages. Nicks keeps talking about us only bringing energy in some quarters, and that’s obvious to see. There’s no consistency across either teams.
Oscar Ryan not bad. Curtin playing Full Back. Laughable for anyone to suggest him playing on McBean isn’t anything but a pretty standard opportunity for him to build his 1-1 defensive skills. Move on. (That being said, wouldn’t mind giving him a crack literally anywhere for a Q or two)

One thing he needs no development in is his ground work, and being able to accelerate away whilst wheeling around other players. Always looking to attack, and has great sense in where the ball is going to be, or where it’s going to drop.

Why did we draft a player in the similar mould of a Jordan Dawson to then hone his 1-1 defensive skills? Curtin is an offensive weapon and he is wasting away playing FB against someone he will never need to play on at AFL level with Murray/Keane taking those duties.

Stick Himmelberg back there like he trained all pre season, get Curtin higher up the ground to help us actually hit a target I50. Himmelberg just missed an uncontested 25 metre kick I50 a few minutes ago, but he shouldn't be the one playing that role.

Pedlar started well in the 3rd. Atrocious umpiring 20-9 free kicks.

One thing I will say about Pedlar though, his work rate and repeat efforts aren’t great, which makes me think that’s why he doesn’t get a midfield gig. If he loses a contest he often just stays on the ground or looks frustrated, whilst his opponent is quickly up and about providing run and support. Lacks endurance, imo

I think he didn't do enough in the off season. He seems in worse shape now than last year.

I really don’t know what the incentive is for our young guys in the sanfl.

They get completely reamed by the umps and there is no prospect of them making the afl side given selection policy.

They need applauding for even turning up for the game.
Who has no prospect of making the AFL side?

We've rotated a whole of players through who I thought were cooked - Sholl, Parnell, Hamill, even Berry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back