Preview Changes: Adelaide vs Geelong Sat 6th May 1:10pm GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

We are not excluding some of our best players because they are tall.

Fog, Walker, and RT are amongst our best ball handling players.

Big bodies in the wet is also a consideration.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are not excluding some of our best players because they are tall.

Fog, Walker, and RT are amongst our best ball handling players.

Big bodies in the wet is also a consideration.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

ball is,on the deck more and speed becomes even more important. Because ovals are better drained and no longer turn into bogs, the ground ball game becomes faster, so speed across the ground becomes more important. Tex and Sloane should be rested for this game, speed more important than mass.

Sad Fact Friday with Grotto

The Crows have lost their last 12 games at that s**t hole in Geelong.
Its the definition of long overdue.

I remember when we 1st entered the AFL, we would usually belt each other on our home desks.... but unfortunately we didn't continue our end of the bargain.

Funniest home game was when Blighty got his Cats players to line up to clap our players on to the ground when Cornesy was coaching... & we proceeded to smash them.... last time Blighty tried that one lol.

He started off well but has faded into oblivion.

Nobody could have predicted that a career fringe player would revert to delivering his mean after a couple of his better performances. We keep making the same mistake over and over and before you know it, 100 games and their experience and continuity are then invaluable.

That's some seriously obscure trivia there.
Are you trying to put GrommoT out of a job?

Somewhere in a BF thread far, far away: TRIVIA WARS!! :laughv1:
imgflip-com-t8r9y-e-jpg.677476

If that happens it will mean Matt won't have played any competitive footy for 3 weeks, you'd have to question his game management if that's the case?

seasoned body and he's a ball winning machine. Even playing with a crud groin he racks them up. Missing 2 or 3 weeks won't matter to how he plays when next selected. Would be no different with guys like Tex & Sloane, they don't need continuity, they'll perform no worse after a few weeks off. Most likely they'll be better.

So....then run Dawson head to head with Dangerfield and if they still want to tag him and create a 2 onto 1, we will have a spare somewhere we can use to hurt them. Why do we need to stay on the back foot - use him to our advantage and make Dangerfield accountable as if he is not, Dawson will hurt Geelong

why would Danger be accountable for Dawson if Cats have already sent a player to him?

Nicks has said that the Crows were buoyed by the loss to Collingwood (sounds odd, doesn't it?), in that they saw many positives and knew that their goalkicking let them down. They did enough to win, but didn't convert.
To me, that's an oversimplification and there are several other issues that need to be addressed (RoB's tapwork, Milera's poor form, Murphy's effectiveness or lack thereof, Fog's knee, Butts' brain-fades, the Soligo-substitution-plan, Dawson-moved-back, goalkicking selfishness; swept under the carpet?).
However, if going down there all-out to win is their mindset, I'm all for it.

With Sloane and Tex playing, there still might be a touch up. But without them, it might well be an annihilation :grimacing:.
My guess is Nicks wants to protect the Crows' % in the case of a loss.

As for resting Tex and/or Sloane, wiser heads than ours are monitoring their health, fitness and recovery.
I'm going to trust in Burgess and say that they they don't need to be rested.
Yet.

burgess would not overule selectors in any way shape or form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

burgess would not overule selectors in any way shape or form.
??
I did not say, or mean to imply that Burgess had the power to overrule the Selectors "in any way shape or form.".

I think it would be a collaboration between Burgess and the Selectors (from my post "wiser heads"), with Burgess (and Club medicos, is my guess) providing advice.
However, if Burgess said that Tex/Sloane were good to go, I don't think the Selectors would ignore him.

So Burns reckons Crouch would be the sub, so we continue with the bizarre use of our sub.

Surely you’re not making the sub a player that provides no run and can only play one position?

Just in case some claim hindsight is a wonderful thing, I’m calling this a bad idea now.
That's not how I took it, a direct question was put to him and he said that would be a consideration depending on the weather...i.e. cold, wet and windy.

??
I did not say, or mean to imply that Burgess had the power to overrule the Selectors "in any way shape or form.".

I think it would be a collaboration between Burgess and the Selectors (from my post "wiser heads"), with Burgess (and Club medicos, is my guess) providing advice.
However, if Burgess said that Tex/Sloane were good to go, I don't think the Selectors would ignore him.

No, the selectors will select who they want regardless of Burgo's view.

Will be cold but generally dry down here tomorrow, and the ground should be in perfect condition. Expecting a close one if you lot start well otherwise a comfortable 20-30 point win for us but you’ll never get a better chance given our outs and your form.

You’ve had soft wins against WCE, Hawks, Sydney (with no defensive line) and Bombers you only put away in the 4th. Perhaps playing against weak teams has played you into form.
Tomorrow will be interesting.
Crows by 1.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back