Traded Zac Fisher [traded with #17 to North for #21 and #25]

Remove this Banner Ad

How do North fans currently feel about this trade? Slippery Fish has been relegated to the sub role. Carlton fans gave warning he is not a defender, especially with Sheezel currently playing as the backline distributor.

No idea why he hasn’t been tried up forward or in the forward half.

I liked Fish but I also like Ashton Moir. It will be interesting to see if he can turn it around. Stephens too.

How do North fans currently feel about this trade? Slippery Fish has been relegated to the sub role. Carlton fans gave warning he is not a defender, especially with Sheezel currently playing as the backline distributor.

No idea why he hasn’t been tried up forward or in the forward half.

I liked Fish but I also like Ashton Moir. It will be interesting to see if he can turn it around. Stephens too.
North’s backline is exclusively made up of players who can’t defend (McKercher, Corr, Sheezel, McDonald, Biggie). He must’ve defended too well last week to lose his spot.

Horrible career choice. Why the hell would you join a team to play out of position for. Sure he has gotten more coin but all he has done is I guess frontload that money because in 3 years time he will be delisted and somewhere else not earning a AFL wage. He had better offers around and didnt take them. If he had a forward thinking brain he would have been trying to get to Fremantle or West Coast where he can play on a wing and I guess take a risk on himself actually doing well to earn a better contract thereafter

Now he is just in some logjam playing out of position and counting down the years til he sets of into the sunset really. Sad as I kind of feel he has more to give if he applied himself and I guess cared about his football

Horrible career choice. Why the hell would you join a team to play out of position for. Sure he has gotten more coin but all he has done is I guess frontload that money because in 3 years time he will be delisted and somewhere else not earning a AFL wage. He had better offers around and didnt take them. If he had a forward thinking brain he would have been trying to get to Fremantle or West Coast where he can play on a wing and I guess take a risk on himself actually doing well to earn a better contract thereafter

Now he is just in some logjam playing out of position and counting down the years til he sets of into the sunset really. Sad as I kind of feel he has more to give if he applied himself and I guess cared about his football
Would he gets a game at either WA club?

To be honest, smart move getting the coin and a front loaded 4 year deal.

He doesn’t have the tank to play on the wing.
He has some great traits but is weak overhead, physically weak and doesn’t have great endurance.
He is a great depth player but will struggle to ever find a role where you can hide his weaknesses and become a reliable best 22 player in a decent side.

Pretty obvious why he made the move, isn't it?

Wasn't playing regular senior footy at Carlton, offered more opportunity, a longer contract, and most likely more money at North Melbourne.

Anyone on the fringes who sees the writing on the wall is going to take that unless they're content playing reserve footy for a team that may be a contender.

What "better offers" did he have that he didn't take?

Would he gets a game at either WA club?

To be honest, smart move getting the coin and a front loaded 4 year deal.
At Eagles we have zero wingers so he would get a game here over Luke Edwards who just isnt a winger etc. At Freo I think he would have gotten a game over O'Meara for example

He definetly had his head turned by North right away and didnt seek out other options like he should have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He doesn’t have the tank to play on the wing.
He has some great traits but is weak overhead, physically weak and doesn’t have great endurance.
He is a great depth player but will struggle to ever find a role where you can hide his weaknesses and become a reliable best 22 player in a decent side.
100% this. Id like to think if he was told to play a wing and not half back like he wants he would work harder and get the fitness needed.

As I said I think North was the easy way out, not only financially but effort wise too

At Eagles we have zero wingers so he would get a game here over Luke Edwards who just isnt a winger etc. At Freo I think he would have gotten a game over O'Meara for example

He definetly had his head turned by North right away and didnt seek out other options like he should have.
Jager O Meara isn't a winger. He is an inside mid.

Dockers could put Fisher on a wing or in the bench or forward flank

Remove this Banner Ad

Back