Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not how it works. You get given enough picks to fill all your empty list spots on the day of the draft. If you have 10 free list spots then you're given picks up to the 10th round. You don't need to trade for extra picks just to fill your list spots.
Well it's an extra option then. If there's a couple of potential diamond-in-the-rough players that we're keen on, we can take them. If there's no-one more deserving of a senior list spot in that range, we upgrade Dempsey/Mullin/both, two players who will be 100% in the mix to be in the AFL side in round 1.

I bet we at least use pick 76. This time last week I was betting that Mackie wasn't an idiot and we'd at least walk away with pick 25 and I was right. Now I'm betting that he didn't stall for a week just for the heck of it.

The only valid point I've seen from those mocking Mackie's competence (at least until we see what happens at the draft) is whether it was fair/respectful to treat Ratugolea like that. That's honestly the only concern I have about how things played out and again, I'd bet that they kept him advised regularly through his management and committed that he'd ultimately get to Port.

Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #76 and #94]

That looks much better, feel for Port fans.

Well it's an extra option then. If there's a couple of potential diamond-in-the-rough players that we're keen on, we can take them. If there's no-one more deserving of a senior list spot in that range, we upgrade Dempsey/Mullin/both, two players who will be 100% in the mix to be in the AFL side in round 1.

I bet we at least use pick 76. This time last week I was betting that Mackie wasn't an idiot and we'd at least walk away with pick 25 and I was right. Now I'm betting that he didn't stall for a week just for the heck of it.

The only valid point I've seen from those mocking Mackie's competence (at least until we see what happens at the draft) is whether it was fair/respectful to treat Ratugolea like that. That's honestly the only concern I have about how things played out and again, I'd bet that they kept him advised regularly through his management and committed that he'd ultimately get to Port.
I don't know how you can come to that conclusion based on picks 76 and 94, which will in all likelihood be the same as us using the picks we already had.

Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #76 and #94]

That looks much better, feel for Port fans.
Spot on, can't believe anyone was willing to give up a second round pick for a bloke who can't do anything else other than mark.

Prepare for 2 years of below average football, him being relegated to the SANFL repeatedly and eventually getting unceremoniously axed.

Its going to go down as one of trade weeks most pathetic efforts all in the name of “looking tough”

Absolutely embarrassing.

Reckon there’s a few red faced cats supporters in here atm

You know Geelong will have their eye on players late, and they will more than likely nail them.

You're only embarrassing yourself here.

You know Geelong will have their eye on players late, and they will more than likely nail them.

You're only embarrassing yourself here.
also I love that he states Cats fans will be 'red faced' implying that he himself is emotionally affected by the team he supports list management department and their actions. People on BF are weird

also I love that he states Cats fans will be 'red faced' implying that he himself is emotionally affected by the team he supports list management department and their actions. People on BF are weird
I would have been more than content with #25. The only fail in my eyes was the trade not getting done or us ending up with significantly less than the original offer that we rejected.

I think it comes back to a reality TV, Twitter/social media obsession with people getting owned and dropping shade (or whatever) on others. "OMG, Mackie got punked and folded!" Sports (and the AFL trade period) don't work like that. Geelong's happy, Port's happy, Ratugolea's happy. And I'm sure all have moved on and are looking ahead to next year.

Confirmed as a 5-year deal. Suggestion is it's just under $700k. I can understand why he wanted to go to Port and Geelong weren't going to match that wage.

Surely that puts serious pressure on Port's cap having to resign guys like Rozee, Butters, Drew, Bergman, Allir and Marshall in the next couple of seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was gonna say, Freo got gifted a 1st rounder.

Sav went for a 2nd Rounder which became a third rounder.
How’s pick 32 Edwards or even pick 36 Mannagh… a 3rd round pick?
Not a math genius but… even I know 18 plus 18 equals 36.
Anyways… loved the Wiltshire and Humphries steak knives Mackie wanted in the deal for Sav.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back