Your upcoming gigs

Remove this Banner Ad

anyone going to Good Things festival on Friday ?

• Limp Bizket
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Devo
  • Spiderbait
  • Seputula
  • Boom Crash Oprah
  • Eskimo Joe.

bit pissed that there will be cross over with spiderbait and limp bizket sets.

• Limp Bizket
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Devo
  • Spiderbait
  • Seputula
  • Boom Crash Oprah
  • Eskimo Joe.

Yep. Gonna get a wet arse in Melb.

• Limp Bizket
  • Fall Out Boy
  • Devo
  • Spiderbait
  • Seputula
  • Boom Crash Oprah
  • Eskimo Joe.

got floor tickets for Bizkit at John Cain arena next Friday night.
their shows at Sydney last night and NZ in the last few weeks have been awesome.

Had Foo Fighters this week, Dave Grohl can still put in an epic rock show

Eric Prydz tomorrow night
Blink 182 next year
secured Coldplay

Are bands obligated to tell their fans if they are doing shorter setlists for a tour ,when people are buying a ticket assuming they would be getting a 17-18 song setlist instead of a 12-13 one?

The Band in question is the War on Drugs for anyone wondering.

Are bands obligated to tell their fans if they are doing shorter setlists for a tour ,when people are buying a ticket assuming they would be getting a 17-18 song setlist instead of a 12-13 one?

The Band in question is the War on Drugs for anyone wondering.
Most of the time it’s for their latest album. I don’t think they owe anyone to play what they want.

The National will probably play a bit from their latest two albums so some classics will have to get nudged.

Most of the time it’s for their latest album. I don’t think they owe anyone to play what they want.

The National will probably play a bit from their latest two albums so some classics will have to get nudged.

I was more referring to the length of the set, not what songs they want to play.

It appears they have cut their setlist short by about 30 minutes for the Australian shows because the main member hasn't been feeling well.

No big deal to me but after seeing Guns n Roses and McCartney play for over 2 hours it felt like a short gig!!

Last edited:
went to Northlane with ERRA supporting at the forum on Sunday night, both solid bands live but the mixing was a bit off for both. shame especially with Northlane last time i saw them there it was spot on and i came away super impressed.

gf got last minute tix to Matchbox20 on Friday so will take her out to that

Blink 182 with Rise against in a couple of weeks.. not really enthused but should be fine

The Beaches in may as well for a bit of dance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not even just the younger generation doing it. There’s people 50+ years of age filming whole songs/concerts. A dude in front of me for Arctic Monkeys a whilst ago filmed the whole bloody thing!

At Bloc Party last weekend, a guy got to the front and proceeded to film the whole gig.

I honestly don’t know why - the sound is not great and you didn’t actually enjoy the moment.
The QOTSA gig was awesome in that majority of people were in the moment. Hardly any phones. Different generations I spose!

QOTSA in Adelaide was great. The venue was terrible in that the bar lines were out of control. But that aside, very good show.

They're one of the rare bands that could do back to back shows with a completely different setlist each night and punters would be satisfied. Pearl Jam are another. Metallica too.

I know RHCP tried to do it and got grilled. Their fans just want the hits.

QOTSA in Adelaide was great. The venue was terrible in that the bar lines were out of control. But that aside, very good show.

They're one of the rare bands that could do back to back shows with a completely different setlist each night and punters would be satisfied. Pearl Jam are another. Metallica too.

I know RHCP tried to do it and got grilled. Their fans just want the hits.

RHCP have way more casual fans than QOTSA, i went to RHCP when they were getting blasted for their setlist and it was way overblown.
Think there was 6 songs out of 18 that were new, so they played plenty of the hits/classics. chick next to me was complaining about not knowing songs when they played Wet Sand off Stadium Arcadium ffs - thats not new it just wasnt a radio single

Off to see Dinosaur Jr. this weekend at Northcote Theatre. Anyone been there? What's it like?

Loved it. Looks and sounds great, and the bar is in the main theatre room so you don't miss anything getting drinks. I've seen a few gigs there now since it's re-opening, and they've all been excellent.

I'm going on the Sat night, looking forward to it - haven't been to the venue before either.
Was a great gig (Mascis is a great guitar player, and a minimalist showman 😁).

Venue is ok though they did run out of scotch which was weird.

A bit of a tangent but even though I'm a non smoker I long for the days where gigs had a bit of smoke in the air: I'm now finding towards the end of gigs that the build up of spilt beer, BO and farts to be quite the pongy combination. It's a problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back