Personal Experience Your own Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

What were the stories?
Story 6
My sister was (is) a teacher at St Catherine's. The house had a lift because it was three stories. She had to go on a school camp that day. Half way down the lift stopped. She was in it for a long time. Maybe over an hour. She didn't have her phone. All of a sudden the lift worked and she was able to get out.
The same thing happened to my parents. They were stuck in the lift for 10 minutes and then all of a sudden it started working. Lifts don't normally do that. They either work or they don't.

Interesting and it is a good point that why would the house sell 5 times in 11 years.

I think as someone mentioned previously Canterbury is a very old suburb with an eery feeling to it. I live in the suburb so probably don't get that feeling like others passing through but I can see why they would.

What were the stories?
Story 8
My sister and family moved out.
A few weeks later she receives a phone from a lady who says that she is now renting the property with her property. She said to my sister, "did you experience any ghost like strange happenings in the house?" My sister said, "No" because she didn't want to scare this lady. This woman had a small baby.
The woman said to my sister that her and her mother had seen a male ghost like figure several times in the main room. The ghost was once standing over the top of the baby. The mother looked at the baby and it had a cross super imposed on its forehead. The women were terrified.
They said that they were going to bring in a priest to perform an exorcism.
The rent was $3k plus per week. If you had signed a lease you would not want to default by moving out. You would be sued for a lot of money.
There would be a lot more stories. Next time I speak to my sister I'll find out some more. She doesn't make a big deal of it. For some reason I have started to think about it a lot. Last night I googled 'mont Albert Rd haunted house' and that's how I found your thread.

The house that is haunted is 85 Mont Albert Canterbury. My sister rented it for over a year. Weird s**t happened. My sister is friends with Nikki McCarthy who was a minor tv celebrity but now a real estate and when she heard that my sister was moving in she told her about her ghost story. She was the selling agent but it didn't sell so was rented out in the end. My sister and her daughter saw and experienced strange things. My brother in law did too but the ghost seemed to affect women more. I stayed there for a week, by myself, but did not experience anything. The people who rented the house after my sister rang up my sister and asked her if she had experienced a male ghost. The stories they told her were scary. My sister said, "no" because she didn't want to scare them. Anyway they brought in a priest to perform an exorcism. The ghost had been harrassing this lady and her mother. She also had a baby and there was a cross on the baby's head. It's bizarre. I never used to believe in ghosts. I was also a sceptic. A lot of things happened in that house to my sister, niece etc. Unfortunately, the rent was $3k+ per week and so once you sign the lease you don't want to move and be sued for the rent.
Would you be able to give a timeline on when this all occurred? As well as the other stories out of interest?

Interesting and it is a good point that why would the house sell 5 times in 11 years.

I think as someone mentioned previously Canterbury is a very old suburb with an eery feeling to it. I live in the suburb so probably don't get that feeling like others passing through but I can see why they would.
Yes, I went to the school on Mont Albert Rd and didn't experience anything unusual. It looks like it's all new now. Looks like they've kept Roysted and re-built a lot of it. The Wilson's (Reece) paid for a lot of the gym re-development.

Bloody nice part of town - worse places to live!

Cheers for the stories Chris Flannery. I registered last year out of curiosity after reading through this thread. Some interesting info there for sure. It must be 85 then? Just too much coincidence otherwise. Unless the whole section of that road is haunted lol. Just going by the initial descriptions I would've picked 92 though.

Cheers for the stories Chris Flannery. I registered last year out of curiosity after reading through this thread. Some interesting info there for sure. It must be 85 then? Just too much coincidence otherwise. Unless the whole section of that road is haunted lol. Just going by the initial descriptions I would've picked 92 though.
Yes, it was bizarre. It was 85. Hopefully, the exorcism worked. The house has not been sold for 5 years now - after being sold 5 times in 11 years. I was the last person to believe in ghosts / spirits. Last week I went up to country Queensland and told this story to a retired Aust army guy in his early 40s. His grandfather was in the British Army in WW2 in the Pacific. He brought a headhunters trophy or something like that back after WW2. His grandson now had it. About 6 years ago he was having a beer with his mate and his dog started going crazy. There was a noise from the room next door. I can't remember the exact story but his mate knew about spirits and they worked out it was from the headhunter trophy. The ex army bloke took out his phone and took a picture of it. It was under the bed where his daughter was. He showed me. I SAW IT. It was transparent against the background. It was either a shrunken or malformed head or a big hand. It was hard to tell but it was something. Anyway, he still has the item. The spirit has not made an appearance since. It was great that he took a picture of it. It was right underneath his daughter's bed. His daughter was there. Very creepy!

Yes, 85 is quite a new house. It doesn't look like a traditional 'haunted house'. This spirit seemed to like appearing in front of women. Very scary about the people who moved in after my sister. The spirit appeared in front of the mother and grandmother and hence why they rang my sister and said they were going to bring in an exorcist. The rent was $3k+ per week so you didn't want to break the lease and get sued. Hence why people would put up with the spirit.
Interestingly, I stayed there for two weeks to look after their dog which had diabetes and which needed two injections per day. I did not know about the ghost stories (which was good because it would have made me jumpy) when I stayed there but the ghost did not show itself to me.

So a quick update. I just pulled a random internet search and found a report from the early 90's entitled the Camberwell Conservation Study.

City of Boroondara https://www.boroondara.vic.gov.au › ...PDF Camberwell Conservation Study 1991 - Volume 4 part 2

So looking at the information for 51 Mont Albert Rd it mentions it was bought by Camberwell Grammar in the 1930's. They also bought number 65 by the 1970's, and number 65 sits across another mansion that was (is?) owned by Camberwell Grammar, according to the report.

The info on the Mont Albert Rd homes is worth a look for those of you still interested in working this out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a quick update. I just pulled a random internet search and found a report from the early 90's entitled the Camberwell Conservation Study.

City of Boroondara https://www.boroondara.vic.gov.au › ...PDF Camberwell Conservation Study 1991 - Volume 4 part 2

So looking at the information for 51 Mont Albert Rd it mentions it was bought by Camberwell Grammar in the 1930's. They also bought number 65 by the 1970's, and number 65 sits across another mansion that was (is?) owned by Camberwell Grammar, according to the report.

The info on the Mont Albert Rd homes is worth a look for those of you still interested in working this out.
Yep, its more likely up that end of Mont Albert Rd, in the number 60s to 70s.

Grizzlym's home was Victorian-aged and had a huge wing on the property. Thats key. 72 matches that, maybe theres another one around there too.

But like someone said in this thread, Canterbury itself, and that road too, just all have a vibe about them, probably most are haunted .

So the numbers of 43-65 are all held by various buildings of Camberwell Grammar. Just need to work out where 65 was/is and what house is across from it and maybe we can get a bit closer. Funnily enough on Google maps when you are at 65 and turn around you are looking directly at the monstrosity at 92.

My acoustic guitar sits in the corner of the room where I sit at the computer. Out of the blue it sounded out a loud open G note! Freaked me right out.

A few months later the mystery was solved when a fly was buzzing around and flew into the guitar strings to make a sound.

My acoustic guitar sits in the corner of the room where I sit at the computer. Out of the blue it sounded out a loud open G note! Freaked me right out.

A few months later the mystery was solved when a fly was buzzing around and flew into the guitar strings to make a sound.
So was the second sound you heard (and saw) as pure as the first. Was it the same as the first etc etc.

When i was about 16 years old i went to a party at the home of one of my fellow students.

Late at night I was drunk as a skunk, standing outside next to a tripod BBQ to stay warm (it was about September). My then English teacher was the only person standing near me. All of a sudden, for no particular reason, I said, “Look at this!”

I started passing my right hand through the flames that were coming from the BBQ. Then I held my hand at the very top of the flames - slowly I lowered my hand until it was engulfed in flames, about 10cm from the burning coals and held it there for about 5-10 seconds.

My English teacher said, “What the hell are you doing???”

I slowly pulled my hand out of the flames and showed it to her. “See,” I said, “Nothing wrong with it.”

I felt no pain and there was absolutely no damage to my hand. The weird thing is that before I did it, I KNEW that I wouldn’t be hurt.

I can’t explain it but I swear to god it happened. I’ve never done anything like that since.

When i was about 16 years old i went to a party at the home of one of my fellow students.

Late at night I was drunk as a skunk, standing outside next to a tripod BBQ to stay warm (it was about September). My then English teacher was the only person standing near me. All of a sudden, for no particular reason, I said, “Look at this!”

I started passing my right hand through the flames that were coming from the BBQ. Then I held my hand at the very top of the flames - slowly I lowered my hand until it was engulfed in flames, about 10cm from the burning coals and held it there for about 5-10 seconds.

I slowly pulled my hand out of the flames and showed it to her. “See,” I said, “Nothing wrong with it.”

I felt no pain and there was absolutely no damage to my hand. The weird thing is that before I did it, I KNEW that I wouldn’t be hurt.

I can’t explain it but I swear to god it happened. I’ve never done anything like that since.
Why was your English teacher at a teen booze up?

I've jigged barefoot on a pile of about 100 broken beer bottles shitfaced and not cut my feet. Not sure it was a supernatural occurrence.

I had a really strange experience a few months back, hard to explain.

So I woke up, and I’m sure we’ve all had the feeling of not knowing where we are for a few seconds, nothing strange there, but this was different. Only way I can explain it is, I didn’t know “what” I was. So like for a few seconds, I didn’t know I was me, or a person, or anything? It was such a bizarre feeling, and so far beyond the normal, where am I feeling. I can only think it was sort of like a disconnect between my consciousness and my physical body. I sort of reckon it might be what we feel when we die. So our consciousness is there, but we’re not connected to anything else like a time or a place or a body. It was so strange, and quite hard to explain the exact feeling.

I had a really strange experience a few months back, hard to explain.

So I woke up, and I’m sure we’ve all had the feeling of not knowing where we are for a few seconds, nothing strange there, but this was different. Only way I can explain it is, I didn’t know “what” I was. So like for a few seconds, I didn’t know I was me, or a person, or anything? It was such a bizarre feeling, and so far beyond the normal, where am I feeling. I can only think it was sort of like a disconnect between my consciousness and my physical body. I sort of reckon it might be what we feel when we die. So our consciousness is there, but we’re not connected to anything else like a time or a place or a body. It was so strange, and quite hard to explain the exact feeling.

Sleep paralysis maybe?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back