Personal Experience Your own Experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Going back a few pages to the houses in Canterbury..

I have driven through Canterbury to play cricket and soccer there about a dozen of times and for me the suburb always had a weird vibe to it.

Hate to say this, but today, I was just randomly thinking about what LicoriceAllsorts was saying that Grizzlym may have passed away, and then out of nowhere a milk bottle just flew off the shelf and broke open on the floor. I aas standing two meters away from it, no one else around. Thing is, I happened to look at that bottle just before it fell and there was no reason for it to fall, wasn't hanging off the shelf or anything. Like one of those ghostly actions where an object just moves by itaelf.

Hate to say this, but today, I was just randomly thinking about what LicoriceAllsorts was saying that Grizzlym may have passed away, and then out of nowhere a milk bottle just flew off the shelf and broke open on the floor. I aas standing two meters away from it, no one else around. Thing is, I happened to look at that bottle just before it fell and there was no reason for it to fall, wasn't hanging off the shelf or anything. Like one of those ghostly actions where an object just moves by itaelf.
No point crying over spilt milk*

* allegedly

looking at map....a taxi ride from caulfield liquor stores (dan murphys malvern, and others), would be long enough to have a convo headed to canterbury and that grammar school. and to a nursing home "around the corner" from 92 mont albert.

reckon that's it.

what next?....you guys who live nearby, check it out? talk to the owners of the house now and ask if its haunted? ask the school if they ever owned 92 mont albert as a prep-school to be.
The house that is haunted is 85 Mont Albert Canterbury. My sister rented it for over a year. Weird s**t happened. My sister is friends with Nikki McCarthy who was a minor tv celebrity but now a real estate and when she heard that my sister was moving in she told her about her ghost story. She was the selling agent but it didn't sell so was rented out in the end. My sister and her daughter saw and experienced strange things. My brother in law did too but the ghost seemed to affect women more. I stayed there for a week, by myself, but did not experience anything. The people who rented the house after my sister rang up my sister and asked her if she had experienced a male ghost. The stories they told her were scary. My sister said, "no" because she didn't want to scare them. Anyway they brought in a priest to perform an exorcism. The ghost had been harrassing this lady and her mother. She also had a baby and there was a cross on the baby's head. It's bizarre. I never used to believe in ghosts. I was also a sceptic. A lot of things happened in that house to my sister, niece etc. Unfortunately, the rent was $3k+ per week and so once you sign the lease you don't want to move and be sued for the rent.

I've got to run to work and don't have time... but read these links.

The house was built in 1926, info on family etc...

House is called 'Colinton'

Is that old enough? idk
The haunted house is 85 Mont Albert Rd. My sister rented it for over a year. It's a newish house. I've put some comments on some of the other replies. Weird stuff went on.

The ghost house is 85 Mont Albert Road. My sister rented it for over a year. Weird stuff went on. Even worse for the next renters. They performed an exorcism to try and get rid of the ghost.
Hey.

I’ll check this out.

GG.exe

We were talking about this years back but I dropped off the radar. So this looks like the location?

Hey.

I’ll check this out.

GG.exe

We were talking about this years back but I dropped off the radar. So this looks like the location?
I remember that I already mentioned that property years ago during the online search, and the one across the road from it, on the corner, which looks creepy too. But while 85 Mont might be haunted, I don't think that's the house that Grizzlym was talking about. It was specifically a Victorian style, Victorian aged house, and the specifics of being across the road from a high school, and how his house was eventually used by the school as a prep school for seniors, and all the other little specifics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember that I already mentioned that property years ago during the online search, and the one across the road from it, on the corner, which looks creepy too. But while 85 Mont might be haunted, I don't think that's the house that Grizzlym was talking about. It was specifically a Victorian style, Victorian aged house, and the specifics of being across the road from a high school, and how his house was eventually used by the school as a prep school for seniors, and all the other little specifics.
Was it 92 mont Albert?

about 92 Mont Albert....it's a Victorian type heritage listing...

Former Colinton​

Location​

92 Mont Albert Road,, CANTERBURY VIC 3126 - Property No B6860

File Number​

B6860

Level​

Regional

Statement of Significance​

Designed by Barlow and Hawkins, and built in 1926 for flour miller Walter Gillespie, the house formerly known as Colinton is a large Old English style residence set in ample landscaped grounds. Displaying all the key attributes of the old English idiom, the house features terracotta roof shingles, stained adzed timber, heeler brickwork, wrought metal work, fire place ingles, interior panelling and grand stair. The corner siting and diagonal axis plan of the house, in association with its landscaped surrounds, allows full articulation of the picturesque roof, tall chinmeys and wall bays.

Although altered in 1962 Colinton retains its distinctive Tudor detailing and garden setting. Colinton is of State architectural, aesthetic, and historic significance.

Colinton is architecturally significant for demonstrating a high degree of creative achievement, being one of the earliest and most successfully designed examples of the Old English or Tudor revival style for a suburban residence is this State. The consistence and intactness of the external and internal detailing contributes to this significance. With its allusions to an idealised lifestyle of English country gentry, the style became increasingly popular from the late 1920 for large and small houses alike as well as for commerical premises, and the extensive feature article on Coninton in the influential magazine 'Home Beautiful" in May 1972 no doubt furthered the popularity of the style.

Colinton is architecturally important as an outstanding example of the domestic work of architect Marcus Barlow, best known for the commercial inter-war Gothic design for Melbourne's Manchester Unity Building. Colinton is aesthetically important for successfully combining the picturesque qualities of both landscape and architecture to achieve an idealised, scenographic image of Old English culture.

Colinton is historically important for its long associations with families of prominent business identities. Built for miller, Walter Gillespie (1879-1948), the house was later owned by stockbroker Arthur Goode, followed by manufacturer Max Chester.

Classified: 02/02/1998

Group​

Residential buildings (private)

Category​

House

The house that is haunted is 85 Mont Albert Canterbury. My sister rented it for over a year. Weird s**t happened. My sister is friends with Nikki McCarthy who was a minor tv celebrity but now a real estate and when she heard that my sister was moving in she told her about her ghost story. She was the selling agent but it didn't sell so was rented out in the end. My sister and her daughter saw and experienced strange things. My brother in law did too but the ghost seemed to affect women more. I stayed there for a week, by myself, but did not experience anything. The people who rented the house after my sister rang up my sister and asked her if she had experienced a male ghost. The stories they told her were scary. My sister said, "no" because she didn't want to scare them. Anyway they brought in a priest to perform an exorcism. The ghost had been harrassing this lady and her mother. She also had a baby and there was a cross on the baby's head. It's bizarre. I never used to believe in ghosts. I was also a sceptic. A lot of things happened in that house to my sister, niece etc. Unfortunately, the rent was $3k+ per week and so once you sign the lease you don't want to move and be sued for the rent.
What were the stories?

What were the stories?
Story 1
My sister was friends with Nikki McCarthy she used to present Keno on tv and the odd travel show. She now works in real estate. By chance she went out to lunch with my sister. My sister told her that they were renting the house at 85 Mont Albert. NM said, "that house is haunted. The house was up for sale and I was preparing the house for a showing. I had just been upstairs and checked that it was tidy. There wasn't anybody up there. I let a group in. A little girl walked up the staircase and said, "there is a man upstairs." NM said that there wasn't but the girl was adamant.
If you look at the sale records that house was sold 5 times between 2006 and 2017. Why would a house like that sell 5 times in 11 years?
Another strange thing was that the people who had just bought it, he was a doctor from the Middle East, did not want to live in it. They moved out very quickly after moving in and rented a house around the corner. They then tried to sell it. It took them a while to do it.

Will send through another story in another thread.

What were the stories?
Story 2
The ghost seemed to mainly harrass females. I stayed there for a week, by myself, and did not experience - lucky I did not know that there was a ghost.
My sister would continually see a male spectre flashing past out the corner of her eyes when she was in the main room.

What were the stories?
Story 5
My sister was in the house by herself and she heard noises and talking in the room next door. She grabbed her phone and had pressed 000 but had not pressed. She opened the door and had her finger ready to press dial. She looked in the room next door but there was nobody there. This happened a couple of times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back