80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
I’ve made the fatal sin of watching numerous Golf YouTube vids this evening before tomorrow’s Rd.
Golf Sidekick….they’re addictive, the guy is hilarious and he makes great vids.
No advice about technique, it’s all about strategy and course management….tipping best ever score tomorrow! ……….not

I’ve made the fatal sin of watching numerous Golf YouTube vids this evening before tomorrow’s Rd.
Golf Sidekick….they’re addictive, the guy is hilarious and he makes great vids.
No advice about technique, it’s all about strategy and course management….tipping best ever score tomorrow! ……….not

He is very good. Although showing us how to play bogey golf looks pretty easy when it’s a scratch player doing the laying up.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

According to rankings across the board, RM West is.

The Sandbelt in general is awesome, grouse and ace. In alphabetical order:

Commonwealth
Huntingdale
Kingston Heath
The Metropolitan
Peninsula Kingswood Country Golf Club
The Royal Melbourne Golf Club
Victoria
Yarra Yarra

But further east, you got the mornington peninsula, full of great courses. The Dunes, St Andrews Beach, Moonah Links, you cannot go wrong with these.

I’d call the sandbelt South East of Melbourne and the Peninsula is South.

Took the question to be about courses out to the East - Box Hill, Eastern, etc.

According to rankings across the board, RM West is.

The Sandbelt in general is awesome, grouse and ace. In alphabetical order:

Commonwealth
Huntingdale
Kingston Heath
The Metropolitan
Peninsula Kingswood Country Golf Club
The Royal Melbourne Golf Club
Victoria
Yarra Yarra

But further east, you got the mornington peninsula, full of great courses. The Dunes, St Andrews Beach, Moonah Links, you cannot go wrong with these.
The golf manager at Woodlands is looking for you Pete

Esat of Melbourne would be
Eastern south course
Kew
Heritage St Johns
Riversdale

These 4 would be the best east of Melb

Would like to play Riversdale, have driven past it many a time. Feel like it would be one for the summer.

Heritage also on my list, might get out there next round of golf I can get in

Heritage also on my list, might get out there next round of golf I can get in

My brother and I were members there from when it opened, but let it lapse when we were not getting out there enough to justify the cost. That was about 15 years ago, have not been there since.

I had heard it went downhill massively, something to do with the ownership. I watching Ron Chopper play the St John recently, and it looked amazing, every bit as good as it was back in the day. St J is a great layout, one of the best around. I was not as big a fan of the new course, but it was still an enjoyable track.

My brother and I were members there from when it opened, but let it lapse when we were not getting out there enough to justify the cost. That was about 15 years ago, have not been there since.

I had heard it went downhill massively, something to do with the ownership. I watching Ron Chopper play the St John recently, and it looked amazing, every bit as good as it was back in the day. St J is a great layout, one of the best around. I was not as big a fan of the new course, but it was still an enjoyable track.

Yup it looked great. Awesome track and keen to get out and have a hit.

Let it slip yesterday. 2 man Ambrose, playing with a high handicapper, so had combined handicap of 8. I was rolling putts in from everywhere, sank three 30 footers, plus a couple of others in that tricky 8 - 12 foot range. Partner kept showing me the line, and I kept nailing them.

Last hole, long par 5, slightly blocked out on our approach to the green. Ended up front of the green, about 15 paces up a hill to the putting surface, then pin another 10 paces on. Partner ran his wedge about 10 foot past, then I nearly held out, but was left with a slick 6 footer straight down hill for par. Both barely taps our putts, but putt was so slick we ran 8 and 12 past. Both missed the putt back up the hill, double bogie 7.

Lost by 2 shots.

Speaking of YouTube golfers, Luck Kwon (ex Good Good) was in Australia recently, and his preview said he’d be playing a bunch of top course around the sand belt, National, PK. Really looking forward to that.

Correct. He played Victoria Friday and my mate was there playing too. Said they were sickening to watch.

Also they put up a drone on the 10th and this old ladies group on the first marched into the clubhouse and gave the staff a right old bollocking for disrupting their swings lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. He played Victoria Friday and my mate was there playing too. Said they were sickening to watch.

Also they put up a drone on the 10th and this old ladies group on the first marched into the clubhouse and gave the staff a right old bollocking for disrupting their swings lol

If we ever get into another war we should put together an infantry corps of old ladies from snooty golf clubs. They would be unstoppable

The marital issues that caused the slide in condition have been sorted. I played there in Feb and it was in great shape and is a really good course.

Metropolitan GC. Did ok. Started hot and slowly fizzled out. Lapses of concentration caused lost points on the green. Some abhorrent shanks. Drove well. Putted well aside form off lapse. Irons hit and miss.

Watched the pennant finals after. Some very good players there

Metropolitan GC. Did ok. Started hot and slowly fizzled out. Lapses of concentration caused lost points on the green. Some abhorrent shanks. Drove well. Putted well aside form off lapse. Irons hit and miss.

Watched the pennant finals after. Some very good players there
Metropolitan is the one true bucket list course of mine. I've heard nothing but the highest praise for the fairways. Once tried to con my way on when Huntingdale was being sprayed. Wouldn't let me play but gave me 100 balls on the range. As close as I got.

Metropolitan is the one true bucket list course of mine. I've heard nothing but the highest praise for the fairways. Once tried to con my way on when Huntingdale was being sprayed. Wouldn't let me play but gave me 100 balls on the range. As close as I got.

The Hunt and Metro have an interesting relationship. Upon speaking to metro did you mention that you have access to Hunty?

The Hunt and Metro have an interesting relationship. Upon speaking to metro did you mention that you have access to Hunty?
Yeah, I’d sent through the reciprocal stuff to Hunt but when I turned up the course was closed. Went around the corner, told them my sob story (all dressed up and nowhere to go). Play was denied under the guise of no insurance as I would’ve been playing after the pro shop/course had closed. Probably BS as a way to say no politely.

Being a Metro member I can vouch that the 2 courses don't always see eye to eye. Metro has fabulous fairways. The front 9 green complexes have all been redone , closed for a number of months, reopened late Feb. They are still bedding down.

Being a Metro member I can vouch that the 2 courses don't always see eye to eye. Metro has fabulous fairways. The front 9 green complexes have all been redone , closed for a number of months, reopened late Feb. They are still bedding down.

Bicco, iDon and GC at Metro sounds like a class trio ey ey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back