80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Why is The Glades cooked? I played there 11 years ago but interesting.
Maybe play Sanctuary Cove or Palm Meadows.
Is The Pines, Royal Pines?

Glades got sold to Asian buyer. Course has far too many rounds played and maintenance is garbage. Played last year, came off the first green and there were four groups on the second hole. Round took almost 5 hours and the course was in crap condition. Layout is ok tho for sure.
The Pines is the private course at Sanctuary Cove. Cracker.

Glades got sold to Asian buyer. Course has far too many rounds played and maintenance is garbage. Played last year, came off the first green and there were four groups on the second hole. Round took almost 5 hours and the course was in crap condition. Layout is ok tho for sure.
The Pines is the private course at Sanctuary Cove. Cracker.
Well done on getting on the Grand. It's terrific.

Agree Lakelands would be the next best option. Avoid Royal Pines IMO.

I played the Glades last September. Greens were on the slow side as they had recently been sanded, but otherwise I though it was in really good condition.

Lakelands was restricted access due to maintenance when I was there, so we played Palmer Colonial instead, the old Paradise Springs. It was pretty good, although I would hate to be slicer, felt like every hole on the back nine had water all the way down the right.

Palmer Gold Coast is a joke. Worst kind of tricked up resort course.

34 points yesterday with three zero point holes and five, yes five 8's. Two OOB's really cost me.

104 off the stick and down to 28.9 handicap. Still need to get a few lessons though.

Still haven't cracked 100!

100 once, 101 and 102 two times.

Well done on getting on the Grand. It's terrific.

Agree Lakelands would be the next best option. Avoid Royal Pines IMO.

The Grand is a belter. Played it last year and can’t wait to get back.

Why avoid Royal Pines? They have tournaments there. It was next on the list.

The Grand is a belter. Played it last year and can’t wait to get back.

Why avoid Royal Pines? They have tournaments there. It was next on the list.
It's not a great redesign. G Marsh tried to make it unbelievably difficult around every green (so people no longer went low in the tournament). And the bunkering is pretty frightful.

It's not a great redesign. G Marsh tried to make it unbelievably difficult around every green (so people no longer went low in the tournament). And the bunkering is pretty frightful.
Before the redesign I got 38 points there off a handicap of 19 with countless three putts. After the redesign, I had 23 points there and three putts would’ve been a pleasure. A fair few greens had 3 tiers an of course I was two tiers off the pin placement each time. 😂

37pts at St Andrews today, and believe it or not i'm a little disappointed.
Was striking the ball as well as i have in years, but the short stick let me down.
Should've been an all time round.

Some of the greens were pretty average, in particular 16 was terrible.
Course conditioning has been better, but still a great track.

37pts at St Andrews today, and believe it or not i'm a little disappointed.
Was striking the ball as well as i have in years, but the short stick let me down.
Should've been an all time round.

Some of the greens were pretty average, in particular 16 was terrible.
Course conditioning has been better, but still a great track.

15/16/17 shocking holes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DQ’d in monthly medal.
Long story but #15 got me. Par 3 up the hill. Pushed 7 iron right into bracken between bunkers, hacked into bunker then sculled over the green, lost. Dropped, chipped, thinned one back over green, couple more chips up the hill, rolled back to me. Picked it up.

Ps. Hit a provisional ball off the tee to 20ft. If only I’d lost the first one.

horrible round. first game a in few weeks and it showed. duffing irons and chips. But got slightly better as the round went on. wasnt too pissed off given havent touched a club for a while. i think i had 24 points which was interesting because i had 8 points on the first 9.

I'm also on the lookout for a course to play on the Gold Coast in May.

Only have time for the 1 round and will need to hire clubs, proximity wise these look the easiest to my accomodation:

Southport Golf Club, Surfers Paradise, Lakelands, Emerald Lakes, RACV Royal Pines
My mate who was up there recently and is into golf architecture said Surfers Paradise GC is surprisingly decent.

Think he said Burleigh Heads was an ok track too.

I'm also on the lookout for a course to play on the Gold Coast in May.

Only have time for the 1 round and will need to hire clubs, proximity wise these look the easiest to my accomodation:

Southport Golf Club, Surfers Paradise, Lakelands, Emerald Lakes, RACV Royal Pines
Surfers Paradise isn’t a bad track. Lighter on the back pocket as well.
It’s funny how it’s called Surfers Paradise Golf Club but it’s located pretty well in Broadbeach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back