Your covid +ve experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Previous infection would surely have to be the only way you could not catch it off someone you live with.
Most interesting I know is of an elderly married couple where the wife didn't catch it but the husband was reasonably unwell. Also a friend who didn't catch it until 5 days in. Neither of these took any precautions (neither did I).

PCR Monday 11am: Negative
PCR Tuesday 9:30am: Positive

Ah well.

Most interesting I know is of an elderly married couple where the wife didn't catch it but the husband was reasonably unwell. Also a friend who didn't catch it until 5 days in. Neither of these took any precautions (neither did I).

Nick Coatesworth, forwhathesworth, was trying to imply the the other day that the scenarios where one person in the house gets it and the other doesn't it highly likely to be because the person who doesn't get it has already had it with no symptoms

Nick Coatesworth, forwhathesworth, was trying to imply the the other day that the scenarios where one person in the house gets it and the other doesn't it highly likely to be because the person who doesn't get it has already had it with no symptoms
Can’t rule it out I suppose. Why do human beings have to be so darned different from each other, it’s very confusing!

Slightly different but i know of people in sharehouses who havent got it from their housemates.

Yet to personally hear of any intimate partners who live together not getting it from their infected spouse.

It's hard to figure out

Wife had some symptoms before we went away on our holiday very recently - negative RAT so it was dismissed as a cold

Friends acquired it on our holiday (the day we went home)

I've since got it

Wife's PCR received overnight also positive, but no symptoms for nearly 2 weeks.. so she either caught it through this period and is asymptomatic or was actually the source (of our group)

It's hard to figure out

Wife had some symptoms before we went away on our holiday very recently - negative RAT so it was dismissed as a cold

Friends acquired it on our holiday (the day we went home)

I've since got it

Wife's PCR received overnight also positive, but no symptoms for nearly 2 weeks.. so she either caught it through this period and is asymptomatic or was actually the source (of our group)
Were convinced now our 6 month old must have been the source for myself and my wife and had next to no symptoms AND it seemed to take about 7 days from him to us. It is bizarre

Slightly different but i know of people in sharehouses who havent got it from their housemates.

Yet to personally hear of any intimate partners who live together not getting it from their infected spouse.
My partner had it a few weeks ago and was incredibly crook for a few days. We didn't do anything differently and I haven't been sick at all. I did a few rapid tests with no positive reading. I've also been around numerous Covid positive people since then and haven't caught it. Therefore I can only assume I've caught it previously but was asymptomatic.

My partner had it a few weeks ago and was incredibly crook for a few days. We didn't do anything differently and I haven't been sick at all. I did a few rapid tests with no positive reading. I've also been around numerous Covid positive people since then and haven't caught it. Therefore I can only assume I've caught it previously but was asymptomatic.

Potentially - this example is why it could be correct to believe that within the next 6 months the whole COVID issue could drop off very quickly.

That would also be assuming that another "new strain" doesn't rear its head

Doing my first online grocery shop.

So far, so good.

If it's delivered well, I don't know how I don't do this more often.

Except for not being able to get a roast chicken!

there have been so many times over the last few months where the ability to get tested at the right time has been compromised that people will no doubt have had it without realising

but I don't subscribe to Nick "I've never gotten anything right during this whole pandemic" Coatsworth's idea that its because they had no symptoms

didn't/couldn't get tested sure, figured it was just a normal cold sure

beyond that though he's spent the last couple of years playing this thing down and doing whatever the Libs said to get himself on the ticket as far as I can tell, compromised as *

(Log in to remove this ad.)

there have been so many times over the last few months where the ability to get tested at the right time has been compromised that people will no doubt have had it without realising

but I don't subscribe to Nick "I've never gotten anything right during this whole pandemic" Coatsworth's idea that its because they had no symptoms

didn't/couldn't get tested sure, figured it was just a normal cold sure

beyond that though he's spent the last couple of years playing this thing down and doing whatever the Libs said to get himself on the ticket as far as I can tell, compromised as fu**

Agree on his track record but for the record I don't think he was implying that asymptomatic people were the answer to every scenario where one person is positive and the other isn't

I tested positive just over a week ago on a PCR, after waking with symptoms. My live in partner did a PCR the day I got my result - negative, and negative again on his day 7 result. We are both vaxxed and boosted, to our knowledge have never been previously infected. Did nothing different as we live in a small place, no real way to isolate from each other and just assumed he would catch it from me.
I have no idea where I caught it - I was out a bit a few days before getting sick but nobody I was with got it. Also nobody I saw during what I assume was my infectious, pre symptomatic period, caught it either. Weird.

I'm not a fit person so going out for a run isn't something I do (as much as I plan to this year) - but managed to get on the treadmill for a brisk 45 minute walk without dying so breathing doesn't appear to be affected at this point.

Triple-vaxxed, just coming out the other side of what has been a very rough 10 days or so.

Breathing issues were the main problem (I couldn't take a deep breath of air and felt like I was suffocating at times) and a nose that was running like a tap. Really tired and headaches that seemed to go for hours.

My cousin got it while camping. Husband and two kids did not get it - both sharing the same caravan and then in same house the week at home after getting the positive result.

Triple-vaxxed, just coming out the other side of what has been a very rough 10 days or so.

Breathing issues were the main problem (I couldn't take a deep breath of air and felt like I was suffocating at times) and a nose that was running like a tap. Really tired and headaches that seemed to go for hours.

My cousin got it while camping. Husband and two kids did not get it - both sharing the same caravan and then in same house the week at home after getting the positive result.

It's easy to see why it's such a divisive issue for some people when you have such a wide ranging level of experiences like these two.

Boss got it, his wife and 4 daughters all living at home got it. All just short of their booster dates. Youngest daughter, who is 17 has been fighting a cancer battle for the last 5 years (in remission thankfully) was the only asymptomatic one in the family, the other 5 all got pretty crook.

Great outcome but go figure, eh?

Were convinced now our 6 month old must have been the source for myself and my wife and had next to no symptoms AND it seemed to take about 7 days from him to us. It is bizarre
Dunno bout covid but standard operating procedure when my kid gets a cold is after about a week we both think 'pheww we dodged it' only for my missus to wake up with it the next day.
Then about another week later I catch it off her 😠

Thank god you were triple vaccinated. Try not to fall too hard to the ground when you eventually resign to the reality of the situation.

Myself, unvaccinated, an asymptomatic case.

Thank god you were triple vaccinated. Try not to fall too hard to the ground when you eventually resign to the reality of the situation.

So how do you know you had it?

Probably no need to be such a dick about it. Perhaps be thankful you didn’t get too sick and have some sympathy for someone who did?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back