Your covid +ve experience

Remove this Banner Ad

I broadly agree with you although a hell of a lot of people in todays society have an atrocious diet and hence have inadequate vitamin and mineral intake. Vitamin and mineral supplementation would be good advice IMO, particularly C, D and zinc which are great for immune responses.

Hell they way I felt in the first few days I would have happily volunteered to take experimental treatments eg. Ivermectin, Quercetin, HCQ etc..
I think "eat healthy and drink lots of water" is advice for all Aussies all year round, im not sure reinforcing it after a COVID diagnosis is going to do anything. If you already do it then youre fine, if you dont, this probably wont change your mind.

As for the experimental treatments, thats just silly.

I think "eat healthy and drink lots of water" is advice for all Aussies all year round, im not sure reinforcing it after a COVID diagnosis is going to do anything. If you already do it then youre fine, if you dont, this probably wont change your mind.

As for the experimental treatments, thats just silly.
So you just tell people to stay home isolate and come to the hospital when you are feeling bad enough to dial 000 when for the elderly and those with comorbidities it would be for a lot of them too late. I would be happy to just swallow my pride and be silly rather than wait and hope I survived the ventilator treatment option.

So you just tell people to stay home isolate and come to the hospital when you are feeling bad enough to dial 000 when for the elderly and those with comorbidities it would be for a lot of them too late. I would be happy to just swallow my pride and be silly rather than wait and hope I survived the ventilator treatment option.
Cool.

It’s for the reason hospitals don’t want their EDs overrun by people with the mild symptoms you described that the advice they initially receive is to rest, stay hydrated and take painkillers. The elderly and those with comorbidities are better served by consulting their doctor. Most would have some kind of home support.

Do you not agree that it is optimal to have a diet or supplement so you have a vitamin/mineral intake that is at least to the level of the standardised scientific RDI levels or do you think vitamins and minerals are not needed to maintain good health?

I'm sure they are, however I'm slightly sceptical that the regime you implemented made any substantial difference to the length/severity of your covid. Happy to be proven wrong on that though, and at the end of the day if you think it did make a difference then that's all that really matters in this instance.

So whattaya make of this?

PCR test done at 11:00am yesterday - got result 1am negative

Had been coughing yesterday and last night, felt like I had a fever but possibly could have been just that I had heard on the radio it was the hottest Melb night since the 70s..

Nevertheless, given I feel crap, did a RAT this morning and it is positive.

Bloody confusing!

Have been to have another PCR test done this morning.

Had been coughing yesterday and last night, felt like I had a fever but possibly could have been just that I had heard on the radio it was the hottest Melb night since the 70s..

Bloody confusing!

Why? If you have a positive RAT i cant see why youd bother going to get a PCR.

Bloody confusing!

Do you need it for work?

Not necessarily but my boss is a bit anal about it all

I find it confusing, guess you guys don't
No, i get it, negative PCR then positive RAT, it seems that the viral load or whatever seems to be very tempremental. I just wouldnt bother getting a PCR if i had a positive RAT unless there was some other reason to. Plus you have symptoms.

No, i get it, negative PCR then positive RAT, it seems that the viral load or whatever seems to be very tempremental. I just wouldnt bother getting a PCR if i had a positive RAT unless there was some other reason to. Plus you have symptoms.

Yeah, I see your point. I think there's some distrust in RATs around the place, particularly my employers

Yeah, I see your point. I think there's some distrust in RATs around the place, particularly my employers
Yeh for sure, from my (very very basic) understanding you're much more likely to get a negative result when you have COVID than get a positive result when you dont have COVID from a RAT, i think the false positives initially were people not administering the tests correctly.

My (again basic) understanding is that a RAT at the moment is sufficient to register with the State Gov and if you do that you get a DOH case number. Use that with your employer and they cant really argue it.

For clarity i completely understand the skepticism just noting that the "rules" around how the testing and use of RATs now works its pretty bulletproof.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The testing site I run by in my area is pretty empty these days. Probably easier to get a PCR than to try and hunt down a rapid at the moment.

The testing site I run by in my area is pretty empty these days. Probably easier to get a PCR than to try and hunt down a rapid at the moment.

The two I have had, drive straight in, test done no waiting. First test 11am had the result by 1am.

if you tell them you've had a positve RAT I don't think they will do the PCR as a RAT counts

They've tightened up the medicare rebates a lot for free testing so you might get grilled if you rock up without symptoms

if you tell them you've had a positve RAT I don't think they will do the PCR as a RAT counts

They've tightened up the medicare rebates a lot for free testing so you might get grilled if you rock up without symptoms

Had the test at 9:30 this morning

Just asked why I was there, nothing else

Had the test at 9:30 this morning

Just asked why I was there, nothing else
There was a bloke in queue at albert park who got interviewed on the news at the peak of the pandemic (5km ring, only essential reasons for leaving home)

interviewer: are you a close contact?
Him: no
Interviewer: you have symptoms?
Him: no
Interviewer: so why are you here?
Him: NOTHING BETTER TO DO IS THERE MATE?

As stupid as resource wasting as it was it was also pretty funny.

Anyone else getting super tired by day's end? Like there's tired and then there's completely unable to keep eyes open. I'm day 9 now.

Anyone else getting super tired by day's end? Like there's tired and then there's completely unable to keep eyes open. I'm day 9 now.
Yeah i found not fighting it was best
Took me a good month to get past that

Met up with some friends on the weekend who had the same situation as me with (relatives) sharing a house with a covid positive person but never testing positive.

Would love to see some kind of rollout of antibody tests to random groups (like transport for example) to see how many people who think they've never had covid have actually had it. Not sure the cost of it but we've been spending millions with PCR tests so why not.

Met up with some friends on the weekend who had the same situation as me with (relatives) sharing a house with a covid positive person but never testing positive.

Would love to see some kind of rollout of antibody tests to random groups (like transport for example) to see how many people who think they've never had covid have actually had it. Not sure the cost of it but we've been spending millions with PCR tests so why not.

Previous infection would surely have to be the only way you could not catch it off someone you live with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back