Your covid +ve experience

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like a really shitty thing to get. Goodness knows why people think it's a bright idea to have covid parties.

It's because of people like me who have a mild case, people hang onto that more than people who have struggled with it, cause we're all afraid to get it let's be honest.

Anyway I didn't think horses could get it?

I'm at day 8 after testing positive and a walk around the yard was enough for me. Symptoms have gone expect for the cough but those bloody headaches just seemed stop hang on for ever.

The tiredness is odd at the moment as I am normally an active person. I am just taking it bit at a time at the moment and seen how I go.

The wife's headaches and body soreness seemed to go to another level but are starting to slow.

2/3 kids have been fine, however the 9 year old boy has been knocked around a bit, had a temp for bit that was 38.5 - 38.8 and wasn't breaking. That was a concern and had as watching that closely. He is finding it hard to get the energy to get back and about at the moment.

It's a strange thing, some people will get it and it will be like nothing and others will get it and it will be a shitty thing.

I'm at day 8 after testing positive and a walk around the yard was enough for me. Symptoms have gone expect for the cough but those bloody headaches just seemed stop hang on for ever.

The tiredness is odd at the moment as I am normally an active person. I am just taking it bit at a time at the moment and seen how I go.

The wife's headaches and body soreness seemed to go to another level but are starting to slow.

2/3 kids have been fine, however the 9 year old boy has been knocked around a bit, had a temp for bit that was 38.5 - 38.8 and wasn't breaking. That was a concern and had as watching that closely. He is finding it hard to get the energy to get back and about at the moment.

It's a strange thing, some people will get it and it will be like nothing and others will get it and it will be a shitty thing.
Are you taking medication, eg Panadol, Panamax, and does that help?

Tested positive on Wednesday morning, have had a bit of a headache and a runny nose since then. Have struggled to sleep a bit and have been waking up with sweats which has been the worst part. I felt a lot worse the day after I had my booster shot.

I live with my girlfriend who works in a hospital, they've told her to do a RAT test every morning and come into work if it's negative, which it has been 3 days in a row so far, even though we were sleeping in the same bed up until Wednesday. We have just been steering clear of eachother around the house and I've been wearing a mask when I'm around her and disinfecting anything that I touch which seems to have worked so far.

Overall I'll give it a 3/10, would not reccomend.
I didn't catch it from my Mrs (who I live with) and we didn't change any behaviours. Interested to see whether your partners ends up testing positive at some point.

Bizarre the amount of people who are upset about being not positive, so many people who have the "cold" but cant prove it.

I'm still very easily worn out

Having to spend around 11 hours in bed overnight or I wake up with no energy

The more I do during the day the quicker I end up cooked

Bloody annoying

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First night alternating hot flushes and cold chills and tossing and turning all night. 5-6 days afterwards just constant pressure and ringing in my head/ears plus run down. Past few days still really tired (jet lag feeling) and falling asleep on the couch which I never do.

I had the ringing in my head too mate but it went away.

I did lose smell and taste but the last few days I’ve noticed it’s started to come back a little.

Was informed close contact the other day, have had 3 days of negative RAT tests but started to get symptoms today - clearing throat, sweating profusely

Got a PCR done, so just waiting

24 days post initial symptoms now.

Woke up with a horribly sore throat today. Not sure if its related, cough was winding down in the last few days and this feels alot different. Also no other symptoms at all, still feel 100% again.
Give up smoking... ;)

24 days post initial symptoms now.

Woke up with a horribly sore throat today. Not sure if its related, cough was winding down in the last few days and this feels alot different. Also no other symptoms at all, still feel 100% again.
Legit the same thing here. I haven’t noticed anything for two weeks but woke up with a throat that felt like it had been punched. Seems to have gone now but bit odd.

Bizarre the amount of people who are upset about being not positive, so many people who have the "cold" but cant prove it.

Yeah, I tested yesterday through mild symptoms of a sniffle, a stabby headache that was in my face as well, slight chills and a scratchy throat. It was negative and I wasn't upset but if I had tested positive and that was the worst it got, I'd have been grateful.

I would like to preface this little rant with - Apart from a battle with cancer in late 2019 I have been in excellent health over the last decade or so with not so much as a sniffle over the Covid period, I am in a healthy weight range, eat a healthy diet, exercise/yoga/pilates regularly + I am fully vaccinated.

I woke up with quite a severe sore throat a few weeks ago and over the day started feeling worse ie. lethargy, muscle soreness. I isolated and tried to get hold of a RAT through friends/family. Couldn't really sleep at all for 2 nights, mainly because of bad muscle pain in my back. After the first 3-4 days the feeling was like a mild Cold. My son eventually managed to acquire a RAT test for me.

Turned out I had Covid and I had to isolate for 7 days >> I reported the positive result to the appropriate government website and received a standard pre formatted reply in seconds. What I find bewildering is QLD Health offered nothing other than rest and drink lots of fluid as treatment options once you have a positive test result.... and if you have > Severe difficulty breathing - Are coughing up blood - Significant chest pain - Collapsing or fainting then you should dial 000/get to a hospital ASAP. It astounds me that over 2 years into this Covid shitstorm unless you are on deaths door the authorities offer nothing in regards to treatment.

I routinely take vitamin/mineral supplements anyway but decided to up my dose of vitamin D, C and Zinc off my own bat as well as drinking copious amounts of warm lemon and honey + gargling salty water many times a day.

......... Luckily no one I was in contact with in the 3-4 days before my first symptoms is showing any signs of Covid.

As of today I have totally recovered and am back into my usual exercise routine.

I will now have the benefit of natural immunity and I can not see the need for me to get a booster shot.

I would like to preface this little rant with - Apart from a battle with cancer in late 2019 I have been in excellent health over the last decade or so with not so much as a sniffle over the Covid period, I am in a healthy weight range, eat a healthy diet, exercise/yoga/pilates regularly + I am fully vaccinated.

I woke up with quite a severe sore throat a few weeks ago and over the day started feeling worse ie. lethargy, muscle soreness. I isolated and tried to get hold of a RAT through friends/family. Couldn't really sleep at all for 2 nights, mainly because of bad muscle pain in my back. After the first 3-4 days the feeling was like a mild Cold. My son eventually managed to acquire a RAT test for me.

Turned out I had Covid and I had to isolate for 7 days >> I reported the positive result to the appropriate government website and received a standard pre formatted reply in seconds. What I find bewildering is QLD Health offered nothing other than rest and drink lots of fluid as treatment options once you have a positive test result.... and if you have > Severe difficulty breathing - Are coughing up blood - Significant chest pain - Collapsing or fainting then you should dial 000/get to a hospital ASAP. It astounds me that over 2 years into this Covid shitstorm unless you are on deaths door the authorities offer nothing in regards to treatment.

I routinely take vitamin/mineral supplements anyway but decided to up my dose of vitamin D, C and Zinc off my own bat as well as drinking copious amounts of warm lemon and honey + gargling salty water many times a day.

......... Luckily no one I was in contact with in the 3-4 days before my first symptoms is showing any signs of Covid.

As of today I have totally recovered and am back into my usual exercise routine.

I will now have the benefit of natural immunity and I can not see the need for me to get a booster shot.
I get the frustration but much like most viruses there really is no other treatment than to ride it out.

I get the frustration but much like most viruses there really is no other treatment than to ride it out.
I broadly agree with you although a hell of a lot of people in todays society have an atrocious diet and hence have inadequate vitamin and mineral intake. Vitamin and mineral supplementation would be good advice IMO, particularly C, D and zinc which are great for immune responses.

Hell they way I felt in the first few days I would have happily volunteered to take experimental treatments eg. Ivermectin, Quercetin, HCQ etc..

Glad to hear those actions gave you some placebo effects.
Do you not agree that it is optimal to have a diet or supplement so you have a vitamin/mineral intake that is at least to the level of the standardised scientific RDI levels or do you think vitamins and minerals are not needed to maintain good health?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back