Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

at some else's place and you suspect the toilet roll is a bit suss, so you double it over half a dozen times and still manage to poke the index finger through.

gotta hate when your sister flies out and the day she is leaving her dog sitter cancels and you are landed with a 7 month puppy for 4 weeks that terrorises you killer cavoodle and poos/wees everywhere

gotta hate when your sister flies out and the day she is leaving her dog sitter cancels and you are landed with a 7 month puppy for 4 weeks that terrorises you killer cavoodle and poos/wees everywhere

Hehe reminds me of farming out honey my take no prisoners dwarf lop eared when I travelled overseas regularly.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The incorrect use of the word 'of by so many people.

Could of, would of should of, etc. It makes no sense. Of does not mean the same thing as have.

Could have, could've, it's not really difficult to get it right.

I don't know why but it's just one of those little things that gets to me every time I see it.

Any way, I feel better now after getting that off my chest lol.

On SM-T595 using BigFooty.com mobile app

it when your daughter spends over $2,000 on a LG Smart TV from JB Hi-Fi (which included the extended warranty cover) and it develops a major fault in less than two years.

The TV would turn on and then very shortly afterwards the picture would be replaced with a black screen. I understand this is a commonly reported fault with this brand and TV.

My daughter contacts them and they say we’ll look at it but you have to transport the TV to us.

My daughter obliges them and now, after inspection, JB is saying she caused damage to the TV in transportation. Over $2,000 to fix and you’ve voided your warranty.

And by the way. Here’s a brochure if you want to buy a new TV.

It’s fair to say that Robbo is :mad:

Over the years we’ve spent thousands at JBs and the Good Guys. $2,000 repair will be like a drop in the ocean when I’m finished with them.

the continuing story of my daughter’s LG OLED TV and JB Hi-Fi.

You know the story. TV breaks down. LG don’t want to know about it. Retailer, who flogs you extended warranty, tells you to heck off because you’ve caused the damage and tries to sell you a new TV.

Well my daughter spoke to the repairer today and he confirmed that this is a common fault with this brand of TV. At some stage, they turn on, then spontaneously off and you’ve purchased an expensive paperweight. It has nothing to do with you causing the damage and everything to do with JB trying to wriggle out of a loss on this unit.

I’ll let you know how this turns out but Robbo has some experience in this and some advice.

I worked as a Victorian public servant for around 12 years. Specifically, for a number of years, I negotiated on behalf of consumers who had problems with purchases and contracts etc.

* Do research on the product or service you’re considering. Not just compare prices.
* Be wary of purchasing any extended warranty.
* Do some research on the retailer and see how it fairs in the google world.
* Don’t let the manufacturer off the hook because the warranty has run out. The product has to meet your expectation and a TV that breaks down inside of two years with a repair cost greater than the original cost is not fit for purpose.
* Don’t impulse buy.

JBs is dead to me now. And from what I read on the net last night I wouldn’t be buying a LG OLED TV.

the continuing story of my daughter’s LG OLED TV and JB Hi-Fi.

You know the story. TV breaks down. LG don’t want to know about it. Retailer, who flogs you extended warranty, tells you to fu** off because you’ve caused the damage and tries to sell you a new TV.

Well my daughter spoke to the repairer today and he confirmed that this is a common fault with this brand of TV. At some stage, they turn on, then spontaneously off and you’ve purchased an expensive paperweight. It has nothing to do with you causing the damage and everything to do with JB trying to wriggle out of a loss on this unit.

I’ll let you know how this turns out but Robbo has some experience in this and some advice.

I worked as a Victorian public servant for around 12 years. Specifically, for a number of years, I negotiated on behalf of consumers who had problems with purchases and contracts etc.

* Do research on the product or service you’re considering. Not just compare prices.
* Be wary of purchasing any extended warranty.
* Do some research on the retailer and see how it fairs in the google world.
* Don’t let the manufacturer off the hook because the warranty has run out. The product has to meet your expectation and a TV that breaks down inside of two years with a repair cost greater than the original cost is not fit for purpose.
* Don’t impulse buy.

JBs is dead to me now. And from what I read on the net last night I wouldn’t be buying a LG OLED TV.
Good luck mate, keep us informed. I hope you can have a win!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When your sister treats you like s**t in front of people, then you get abused for objecting to it, low and behold anxiety attack, more abuse to the point of physical. Have to leave, family decides I don't have anxiety or mental health issues (despite physically seeing the medication etc) i am just an arsehole.

Finally get to leave and now have no family.

making an appointment to arrange my brother in law’s funeral with my brother and sister and my brother receiving a phone call during the process to say that his house had been burgled in his absence.

Good luck mate, keep us informed. I hope you can have a win!
The outcome was a sort of a win which means JB Hi-Fi will not be entitled to the steam off a Robbo s**t in the future.

My daughter ended up with with gift vouchers to the value of the TV plus extended warranty. An amount just over $2,000. Sounds fair?

The fact is my daughter purchased the TV at a Black Friday sale. This meant she got a great deal for an OLED TV. The LG TV has a fault which means a significant number of them breakdown and become expensive paperweights. The repair itself was worth more than the value of the gift cards. No wonder they were trying to sell them at a Black Friday sale!

If my daughter wants to buy an OLED that’s reliable she’s going to have to pay considerably more. JB is quite happy to facilitate this. As if you’re likely to take up its offer.

making an appointment to arrange my brother in law’s funeral with my brother and sister and my brother receiving a phone call during the process to say that his house had been burgled in his absence.
Well I’m totally amazed.

The burglars returned today and knocked off his wife’s car. Ringwood coppers looking a little silly at the moment.

No.

The crying poor neighbour sold their house and left us to pay the $750 for their share of the fence. The other bugger. We’re moving out asap. Hopefully before the fence falls down.

Got to love your neighbours, but geez some make it hard don't they? Good luck with whatever path you take

Remove this Banner Ad

Back