Roast Ya Gotta Hate

Remove this Banner Ad

Gout, it's back, and I have been eating very well lately, and not drinking and I recently had a blood test and my kidneys are fine, so I have no idea why it reoccurs, maybe its genetic, my father had it, and my uncle (who is a Lifelong teetoallar) has it.

Happily I now have tablets to help curtail it, at its peak/worst Gout literally feels like having your toe smashed with a poking hot hammer, and makes sleep pretty much impossible if you are one of those folks who constantly tosses and turns during shut eye like I am.
colchicine for the attack allopurinol to prevent
the answer is always medicate!

Australia Post.

Just a general rant, not directed at the hard working stalwart posties, but FFS I have order 3 packages from Amazon in the past 4 months (totalling over 400 dollarydoos) that have failed to materalize on my doorstop.

Admittedly they were ordered internationally, and there have been a lot less international flights due to COVID19 but their parcel tracking service is also useless..

As I said to Mum this morning, Mum I said The Posties never lose or delay the bills in the letterbox.

Might be First World Problems but the basic lack of knowledge as to what happened to my packages bugs me up s**t creek.

And I cannot get a refund unless the actual packages actually turns up.

Bums.

Australia Post.

Just a general rant, not directed at the hard working stalwart posties, but FFS I have order 3 packages from Amazon in the past 4 months (totalling over 400 dollarydoos) that have failed to materalize on my doorstop.

Admittedly they were ordered internationally, and there have been a lot less international flights due to COVID19 but their parcel tracking service is also useless..

As I said to Mum this morning, Mum I said The Posties never lose or delay the bills in the letterbox.

Might be First World Problems but the basic lack of knowledge as to what happened to my packages bugs me up s**t creek.

And I cannot get a refund unless the actual packages actually turns up.

Bums.
I’ve seen lots of packages at the front doors of houses. It’s mind boggling that the delivery drivers just dump it there and take a picture to prove delivery. On a positive note, my wardrobe is filled with the latest fashion.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t had more than four shitty hours of broken sleep at night for the past three weeks. I’ve been up since 4.30am and I still can’t go to bed because of Gomez. I’m desperate for a ******* BREAK.
That's been my families life for literally years so believe me when I say I understand. We actually celebrated this morning because my son slept 4 hours straight for the first time ever (he's two and a half).

It's sucks, it makes you go crazy and it makes the days so hard to get through. Make sure you ask for help from friends and family when you need it, even if it's just 2 hrs during the day so you can sleep.

That's been my families life for literally years so believe me when I say I understand. We actually celebrated this morning because my son slept 4 hours straight for the first time ever (he's two and a half).

It's sucks, it makes you go crazy and it makes the days so hard to get through. Make sure you ask for help from friends and family when you need it, even if it's just 2 hrs during the day so you can sleep.
If there was someone who would help believe me I would ask. I’ve done every nap and every night since this kid was born 16 months ago and I’m trying to work 3-4 days a week as well. I’m going mental.

If there was someone who would help believe me I would ask. I’ve done every nap and every night since this kid was born 16 months ago and I’m trying to work 3-4 days a week as well. I’m going mental.
Yes, we're in the same boat.

Is he breastfeeding all night and constantly waking up for a feed?

Yeah and he’s getting six teeth at the moment so he’s worse than usual.
That's the hardest time. It's likely he's essentially using you as a dummy, and it's a bad habit they can get into. Can't blame him though, six teeth at once would be agony for an adult let alone a one year old.

Sorry if I'm repeating stuff you already know but maybe it'll be helpful. Who knows? And I'm probably the worst person to give advice as my son is a terrible sleeper.

For teething we only found bonjela helpful, and you need to be careful with that stuff. Don't use the adult version with the higher level of active ingredient. The amber necklace stuff is a fraud.

One of my friends used Phenergan to get her child to sleep. It's now illegal to give it to young children because of cases where children stopped breathing in the night. But it worked for her because she used it until they got into a good sleeping pattern and then stopped. We didn't do it because of the risks. Also be aware that for some kids it has the opposite effect. My sister tried it with one of her kids only to watching her run around in circles all night.

That's the hardest time. It's likely he's essentially using you as a dummy, and it's a bad habit they can get into. Can't blame him though, six teeth at once would be agony for an adult let alone a one year old.

Sorry if I'm repeating stuff you already know but maybe it'll be helpful. Who knows? And I'm probably the worst person to give advice as my son is a terrible sleeper.

For teething we only found bonjela helpful, and you need to be careful with that stuff. Don't use the adult version with the higher level of active ingredient. The amber necklace stuff is a fraud.

One of my friends used Phenergan to get her child to sleep. It's now illegal to give it to young children because of cases where children stopped breathing in the night. But it worked for her because she used it until they got into a good sleeping pattern and then stopped. We didn't do it because of the risks. Also be aware that for some kids it has the opposite effect. My sister tried it with one of her kids only to watching her run around in circles all night.
There's also melatonin. It's natural, you don't need a script, but kids can rely on it if it's used too long. We use mommy's bliss and that has worked, although it's recommended for 3+. We gave him 1 ml instead of the 2 ml used on three year Olds. Again you're supposed to use it to get them into a sleep pattern and then stop. PXL_20210320_140640223.jpg

There's also melatonin. It's natural, you don't need a script, but kids can rely on it if it's used too long. We use mommy's bliss and that has worked, although it's recommended for 3+. We gave him 1 ml instead of the 2 ml used on three year Olds. Again you're supposed to use it to get them into a sleep pattern and then stop.View attachment 1082021
As for breastfeeding, we've recently tried putting bandaids on my wife's nipples and telling my son that they were broken. I'm not sure you can do that with a 16 month old but it worked :). But my wife is having trouble giving up breastfeeding so it didn't last.

Hope it changes for you soon Meb.

Asked my partner what she did. You've probably tried or considered these but:

Three things:

1. Time for a baby sitter. Go to a hotel, have a nice night and allow yourself to catch up on sleep.

2. Let them sleep with you. Often the kids wake up because the child is craving their parent's contact. They are clingy at that age and need to be reassured that you are there.

3. Alternatively, you can fill a glove full of rice and rest it on the kids back, so it feels like the parent is there

Good luck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back