xavier vs st kevin's

Remove this Banner Ad

Having read every post on this board, I cannot believe the amount of dribble being peddled about St Kevins. One win in 14 years and now they hold the wood over Xavier? Please. Firstly I just want to clarify I cannot wait for the match this weekend, it is going to be fantastic. In saying that, to quell some St Kevins boys expectations of perhaps pulling out a premiership, Xavier has played every contender, including a full-strength Wesley. St Kevins played a weakened Wesley, and have yet to face Caufield, Scotch and Geelong College. I would not be surprised at all to hear St Kevins lose the remainder of their games.

Prejudiced biased opinions aside, it is set to be a cracker of a game.

Not having seen any school boy games this year (indeed for about 8 years) Do St Kevs have much of a chance? Seems most posters think that Xavs have come through the hard part of the draw and are red hot favourites.

I think the post by Edar is quite accurate. The way St Kevs is now does not quite explain the rivalry. Back in the 1990's the only schools with strong scholarship programs were Caulfield and Carey; and St Kevs had a graduating class of about 140.

Dirty day for Xavier "aka egg throwers" College. School side defeated & their OB side were thrashed.

Of course Rioli is a full fee paying student.....

Going on with what catsdynasty said, as will is cousins with both Cyril rioli and Aussie wonaeamirri, it wasn't xaviers choice to take him in, through Melbourne and hawthorn the clubs both chose that Xavier would be the best school for his development, so don't go saying Xavier 'and their scholarship kids' because they're non existent

Going on with what catsdynasty said, as will is cousins with both Cyril rioli and Aussie wonaeamirri, it wasn't xaviers choice to take him in, through Melbourne and hawthorn the clubs both chose that Xavier would be the best school for his development, so don't go saying Xavier 'and their scholarship kids' because they're non existent

glad you and catsdynasty's senses of humour are still intact after saturday's shattering result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't get sour Skevvies just because people come to Xavier for reasons other than the cheque book.
Congrats, you won, I doubt you'll beat Caulfield but good luck to you anyway, seeing some of the highest paid footballers in the APS run around would be interesting.

this game does only come with the one result. I wouldnt be able to give any game plans to the St Kevins lads to get over the likes of Golds, Keith, Richards, Lachal and Rioli!!!!! St Kevins already offering very long odds for their home game. Dont write the Xavierians for the premiership also. They are a force to be reckoned with

we dont need them. wheres your golds, wheres your rioli, wheres your lachal. you guys are all flogs and stiles is your best footballer. have a good season!

u cant honestly say you will beat chris prowse in the ruck, he is really tall, and if he doesnt play big Howie will probsjust do what he did to NSW onthe weekend and get BOG

ohh in_the_square, i love your football knowlege. we have the no.2 vic metro ruckman in chris prowse and big lach howe who has just come off a 6 goals best of ground performance for murray in the TAC. i dont know my football that well but im pretty sure thats good. making a victoria team and kicking 6 and being best a field as a ruckman in a TAC game. i think you should think before you talk. your midfielders should come down to xavier and learn how to 'rove to our ruckmen' cos they will need to be doing that alllllll day come rnd 8 on that horrid ground you call your main oval. phhhh

read this in your spare time. prowse may be away this week for vic metro but howie is a gun and possibly the most underrated footballer in the comp.
http://www.sportingpulse.com/round_i...4537509&pool=1

stiles is a horrible footballer... that is all. and whatever stiles' aggression offers. theres a bloke called pirrie who has more aggression and heart than most footballers in the comp.

Yeah good work fellas....:thumbsdown:

Notice how stiles and toohey took it up to prowse in the ruck, and (toohey especially) destroyed him around the ground??

Next time you want to profess an opinion, how about not letting your ego and cocky persona get in the way?? Cos if your, wrong you look like goose. FW's.

Don't get sour Skevvies just because people come to Xavier for reasons other than the cheque book.
Congrats, you won, I doubt you'll beat Caulfield but good luck to you anyway, seeing some of the highest paid footballers in the APS run around would be interesting.

You are a tosser mate, you have zero credibility.
On terms of, lets say 'financially aided' players playing this week, both schools had 2 each.

And i'm pretty sure skevs aren't sour, didn't we just beat you..?

Nah mate, not sour, just bouncing off the xavier stupidity outlined succinctly and clearly by 'in the square'. Don't act stupid then cry poor when your stupidity comes back to haunt you. Instead maybe you could just... hack it?

Mate get your facts straight before you run your mouth.

Will's education is being helped funded by both Richmond and Melbourne as they saw that Xavier was the best school for him to attend for his education..but yeah..

That is a joke right?

The best school for his education? LMFAO!

I hoped they enlightened him as to their VCE performance in the past few years...Mt Waverely Secondary did better than them last year.

I also hope it isn't for theri football program...they don't win that too often either!

[/B]

That is a joke right?

The best school for his education? LMFAO!

I hoped they enlightened him as to their VCE performance in the past few years...Mt Waverely Secondary did better than them last year.

I also hope it isn't for theri football program...they don't win that too often either!

Yeah, 23 times, not too often.
Xavier will give Will the best chance to make it, it's no coincidence the quality of players and people Xavier have produced is exceptional, the likes of Watson, Ball, Hanneberry and Kennedy in recent years are both exceptional footballers and great people. None of them scholarships either.

Yeah good work fellas....:thumbsdown:

Notice how stiles and toohey took it up to prowse in the ruck, and (toohey especially) destroyed him around the ground??

Next time you want to profess an opinion, how about not letting your ego and cocky persona get in the way?? Cos if your, wrong you look like goose. FW's.

to do with all the quotes this was addressed to.
Xavier were confident with the likes of golds, richards, lachal, howe and clavin, and thats where those confident posts came from.
Unfortunately footy is about the best team on the day with what theyve got, and that was skevs.
Dont have ago at someone's confidence when 5 good players who were in flying form are injured. The same confidence obviuously wasnt present post these injuries.
Sure chris prowse didnt have his best day out but he was in no way destroyed by toohey and the other dud. toohey was good tho ill give him that. Tubby was skevs best too, havnt seen much credit go his way.

Xavier were confident with the likes of golds, richards, lachal, howe and clavin, and thats where those confident posts came from.
Unfortunately footy is about the best team on the day with what theyve got, and that was skevs.
Dont have ago at someone's confidence when 5 good players who were in flying form are injured. The same confidence obviuously wasnt present post these injuries.
Sure chris prowse didnt have his best day out but he was in no way destroyed by toohey and the other dud. toohey was good tho ill give him that. Tubby was skevs best too, havnt seen much credit go his way.

Chris Prowse is a dud and i don't care what anyone says. He's only respected because he's 200 odd centimetres tall, i'd be doing the exact same thing if i were in charge of metro selection, doesn't even deserve to be playing at TAC level, not to mention he's soft as butter. All this hype about him being a superstar and was going to tear up Skevs ruckmens, hell, he got beaten in a ruck contest by Skevs 2nd smallest player in Eva.

glad you and catsdynasty's senses of humour are still intact after saturday's shattering result.

haha mate these comments aren't in anyway a result of saturday's result, some bloke just came on claiming that will rioli was a scholarship kid.

catsdynasty and i were just pointing out the plain facts because we actually have a clue of what goes on around there

Yeah, 23 times, not too often.
Xavier will give Will the best chance to make it, it's no coincidence the quality of players and people Xavier have produced is exceptional, the likes of Watson, Ball, Hanneberry and Kennedy in recent years are both exceptional footballers and great people. None of them scholarships either.

Not having a crack, just a quick correction, weve won it 28 times, 3 less than scotch..

You are a tosser mate, you have zero credibility.
On terms of, lets say 'financially aided' players playing this week, both schools had 2 each.

And i'm pretty sure skevs aren't sour, didn't we just beat you..?

Credibility? This is an anonymous website you flake, credibility does not exist unless you really care about the notoriety of your sick username :thumbsu:
And no, Xavier did not have 2 financially aided players, get your facts straight.

Confidence??...more like being cocky..
Just saying that to be that cocky that far out from the game was stupid and foolish. I'm not saying don't share your opinion, but when stated in such a pigheaded manner, you look like a goose when your wrong.
And on terms of injuries skevs also were plagued with injuries, missing about 6 kids from the starting 22.
And yeah, j Taylor should get a mention as well, was filling in for moore as captain, and provided a lot of drive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back