WRFL Division 2 - 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Newport have written their finals off with the loss to WF. Parkside just about have 4th in the bag now even though they have a tough run home. Win one and they are in but loose all 3 and they still could make it. NP and ML would have to 2 out of the next 3 and make up percentage

Is anyone going to get near YSE, they are smashing every side by 100.

ML need to beat Nth this week to have a chance.
YSE , there's too loose.

Has anyone heard Melton South coming to the WRFL ? They have called a meeting and Affiliation is on the agenda.

Looks like Newport have written their finals off with the loss to WF. Parkside just about have 4th in the bag now even though they have a tough run home. Win one and they are in but loose all 3 and they still could make it. NP and ML would have to 2 out of the next 3 and make up percentage

Is anyone going to get near YSE, they are smashing every side by 100.

NP have only themselves to blame. A poor last month and they've kissed it goodbye. PS seem to have found their groove late in the season. NF haven't looked their best either. PS could just sneak into a Prelim. But all teams making up the numbers. YSE absolutely flying.

As for Melton South to enter the league, I imagine if approved they would come straight into Div 2 just like PC. Will go undefeated without doubt. Fev, Lynch, Pears and the rest. Or Fev might just get his way into Div 1 when the WRFL Board fangirls at the sight of him being in their league again. An interesting one to watch play out. For mine, its not gonna happen. Ballarat FL is too prestigious to just walkout. Look at Sunbury Lions staying after considering a move it Riddell District FL.

NP have only themselves to blame. A poor last month and they've kissed it goodbye. PS seem to have found their groove late in the season. NF haven't looked their best either. PS could just sneak into a Prelim. But all teams making up the numbers. YSE absolutely flying.

As for Melton South to enter the league, I imagine if approved they would come straight into Div 2 just like PC. Will go undefeated without doubt. Fev, Lynch, Pears and the rest. Or Fev might just get his way into Div 1 when the WRFL Board fangirls at the sight of him being in their league again. An interesting one to watch play out. For mine, its not gonna happen. Ballarat FL is too prestigious to just walkout. Look at Sunbury Lions staying after considering a move it Riddell District FL.

Dev hasn’t been there since about round 4 mate.. lynch and pears are not going to stay there if south go into div 2... if Melton do leave the BFL you would think they would be joining the RDFL

Dev hasn’t been there since about round 4 mate.. lynch and pears are not going to stay there if south go into div 2... if Melton do leave the BFL you would think they would be joining the RDFL
Fev is already gone and Pears played one game for them last year before quitting. They have won one game this year in BFL. They can’t compete long term in that comp so looks like they are seeking alternatives. Members still have to vote on a move.

Fev is already gone and Pears played one game for them last year before quitting. They have won one game this year in BFL. They can’t compete long term in that comp so looks like they are seeking alternatives. Members still have to vote on a move.

Gee and they were buzzing when they brought in all those blokes. Perhaps RDFL is the right fit. Any word on that Goldfields League they have been floating for a few years? With all the sunbury, melton and riddell teams in it? I think it was AFL Yarra that just turned over a few clubs? Seems to be a lot of potential reshuffling at AFL Victoria.

Would be massive for the WRFL to get them in. Opens up a lot of possibilities in the area with other teams in the greater Melton area keeping a close eye. Consider Bacchus Marsh already has a couple of sides but with growth no doubt will get one or two more, Eynesbury and other surrounding suburbs.

Would be massive for the WRFL to get them in. Opens up a lot of possibilities in the area with other teams in the greater Melton area keeping a close eye. Consider Bacchus Marsh already has a couple of sides but with growth no doubt will get one or two more, Eynesbury and other surrounding suburbs.
Why would you want them in the comp? Who wants to be travelling out to Melton to play footy. Bad enough driving out to Manor Lakes !!

Why would you want them in the comp? Who wants to be travelling out to Melton to play footy. Bad enough driving out to Manor Lakes !!
Its really not that far when you think about it. Driving out to Melton would take just as long as Manor Lakes really. More freeway less BS

Anyone remember driving to Coburg or Brunswick? Weve had worse

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips for this week

WF 2 goals over ALB (WF should get the job done out the bottom 2)
PC 5 goals over NP (PC getting a few back and looks like NP loosing a few towards the end of the year, different ground too?)
NF 2 goals over ML (Important game for both, should be a really good game, NF just)
YSE 10 goals over PS (Can PS surprise the flag favorites?,probably not)

I knew that already. My question was who would want to travel to Melton to play footy !! In fact, who would want to travel to Melton to do anything !!

Ok i wouldnt travel to Melton for "anything" either but if I was a footballer in the WRFL I might expect to. Heard is more likely to happen than not.

Ok i wouldnt travel to Melton for "anything" either but if I was a footballer in the WRFL I might expect to. Heard is more likely to happen than not.

If in fact Sth do decide to move which I doubt will happen the league somehow needs to put them straight into div1. I would either continue to relegate the bottom side or ask all div1 clubs if anyone wishes to go down if in fact YSE want to go up. Sth play BFL footy so going to div2 isn’t good for Sth or Div2 clubs.

Well done to ML for a big win over NF. Certainly in form at the right end of season but will it be enough to make finals? Should beat Newport this week but then a massive game against Parkside at home the following week, They need to win both. NF falling away but will probably make finals, play WF at home last week.
I think Parkside could pose some headaches come finals. Have beaten PC and Pushed YSE . You would think only have to win one more game to make finals, against NF or ML, 2 good games.

Would seem a smart decision have one Melton side in the Ballarat comp

One in the WRFL or EDFL

And one in the RDFL

Would be a point of difference for every club depending on what level players want to play at and how far they want to travel

Down side is losing the local derby

Tips for this week

WF 2 goals over ALB (WF should get the job done out the bottom 2)
PC 5 goals over NP (PC getting a few back and looks like NP loosing a few towards the end of the year, different ground too?)
NF 2 goals over ML (Important game for both, should be a really good game, NF just)
YSE 10 goals over PS (Can PS surprise the flag favorites?,probably not)

Who's wheels have fallen off more? NF or NP? Are NF just fatigued? NP have been hit hard with injuries however. Lost B. Mesto, Z. Kaddour, J. Dixon and perhaps A. Alkantar for the season plus a couple more. A lot of experience in that group. Still expecting to win the next 2 however. Finish the season on a high.
PS to beat NF first week of finals for mine. Playing a brand of footy based on heart. YSE to still romp it in for the flag though.

Who's wheels have fallen off more? NF or NP? Are NF just fatigued? NP have been hit hard with injuries however. Lost B. Mesto, Z. Kaddour, J. Dixon and perhaps A. Alkantar for the season plus a couple more. A lot of experience in that group. Still expecting to win the next 2 however. Finish the season on a high.
PS to beat NF first week of finals for mine. Playing a brand of footy based on heart. YSE to still romp it in for the flag though.

Think ML have a lot to play for this week against NP and should get the job done, should be a ripper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back