WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

15 paid contracts Lol...why make that public. What about the other 7 players playing seniors.

What muppets
Maybe they have 7-12 contracted players already… it’s not bizarrre at all.

The ad is just up to draw people in, what happens behind the scenes I’m sure is very different.

Would players look at the ad if it said come to Lavo for $100 a game. Nope.

They are the worse team in the state, at least they are having a crack and trying to get better.

Maybe they have 7-12 contracted players already… it’s not bizarrre at all.

The ad is just up to draw people in, what happens behind the scenes I’m sure is very different.

Would players look at the ad if it said come to Lavo for $100 a game. Nope.

They are the worse team in the state, at least they are having a crack and trying to get better.
My thoughts are they probably have not paid anyone in the last 3-4 years or if they have its been very very little.

The committee seem to be getting a lot of sponsors in.

Isn;t the purpose of a football club to be successful on field? Maybe they are trying now to have a real crack at it and I wish them well.

BUT lets wait for the mercenaries to leave after a year or so and they could potentially be even worse off than before

Instead of Lavo and Norf being content in feeling sorry for themselves being in the WRFL doldrums, perhaps they should get off their arses, extractus digitum, and do some work in improving their clubs. Others have done it - smarten up!
It worked!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still salty over 2018 it seems
Didn't the league announce it was the leagues mistake over player points in 1 game?
Not salty - the league is consistently crap at enforcement of basic rules and regulations at all levels ( depending on the club involved) And it is well known it was multiple games, as well as some ‘unusual’ contract decisions…. but hey their premierships are in the history books.
- All on the Duck’s watch 😉.

Still salty over 2018 it seems
Didn't the league announce it was the leagues mistake over player points in 1 game?

No. No, they didn't.

wrfl_points.jpg

From the wayback machine WRFL Division 3 2019 :
------------

PCC knew the points were wrong and that the league had made a mistake, but decided to play the season with incorrect points anyway and hope nobody found out about it. They got a points advantage for 2017 only, it was accidentally carried forward to 2018.

Horses mouth:
mattdougie said:
Sorry mate, we knew about it, we discussed it. The only reason I’ve said anything is because of the hypocrisy of some. We were doing nothing wrong the league Allowed the discounts and we took them.

I suppose some people would hand a supermarket checkout kid a 20 and get change for a 50 and say nothing and happily walk out with the cash. After all it wasn't their mistake.
---------------

My point
Some people still living in 2018
My point being it’s unreasonable to compare the situations with Lavo and NthSunny to the sharks rise from Div3 to Div 1 when it was done with questions over it. Those 2 clubs need money injected and even more importantly they need support from the league itself. Actual & ‘legal’ points allowances would help as would a higher salary cap for them.
It is after all in all other clubs best interests to help them.
The duck has already lost 2 clubs this year….

My point being it’s unreasonable to compare the situations with Lavo and NthSunny to the sharks rise from Div3 to Div 1 when it was done with questions over it. Those 2 clubs need money injected and even more importantly they need support from the league itself. Actual & ‘legal’ points allowances would help as would a higher salary cap for them.
It is after all in all other clubs best interests to help them.
The duck has already lost 2 clubs this year….
Which point cook team is in div1?

Laverton looked to have signed a good young player according to there socials. Looked up his stats and he should be pretty impressive in Div 3 of the WRFL.

Laverton looked to have signed a good young player according to there socials. Looked up his stats and he should be pretty impressive in Div 3 of the WRFL.

Also conducted a very successful "Come and try day" at Altona Green a few weeks ago, hosted about 80 kids. Hopefully their re-established Auskick can kick on this season and a few junior teams come out of it. Plenty of kids in the area, but Lavo have previously not been able to tap into them.

Coming from a long, long way back but maybe a flicker of hope at Merton Street.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back