WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Just from the outside and I dont mean to be rude but it seems like the Brookers lifted a notch and played a more freestyle game of footy when the assistant took over. I’d be happy to keep him as coach.

After his audition it would have been hard to not give him the role I guess. In saying that, cast your net wide and see what’s out there. You never know who might apply.

I just hope they didn’t sign him on the Sunday night of the grand final after 30 beers. That’s what normally happens at footy clubs.

Just from the outside and I dont mean to be rude but it seems like the Brookers lifted a notch and played a more freestyle game of footy when the assistant took over. I’d be happy to keep him as coach.
Also from the outside, I would also say he must have been doing a great job as an assistant then to step up as he did he certainly earned the position.

For any club going up the hardest part is not the recruiting the minimum 6 quality players you will need to stay in the higher division, it is keeping 90% of your better players that got you there.

Continuity with a respected coach amongst the group go along way to doing this

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surprised to see Liam Montrose win the league award. Not common a forward wins. What a bright future this kid has.

Anyone seen the votes - seems like the votes must have been shared around a lot amongst the stronger clubs.

Surprised to see Liam Montrose win the league award. Not common a forward wins. What a bright future this kid has.

Anyone seen the votes - seems like the votes must have been shared around a lot amongst the stronger clubs.
Must have stood out against the lower sides, just looking at the games I saw (final and a few H&A games) he would crack the shits if the ball went to another forward and heard he sat out of the 2nd final to rest up for the GF, huge if true.

Must have stood out against the lower sides, just looking at the games I saw (final and a few H&A games) he would crack the shits if the ball went to another forward and heard he sat out of the 2nd final to rest up for the GF, huge if true.
Bright future is a big statement, was playing 2s footy at a better comp and better division.

Bright future is a big statement, was playing 2s footy at a better comp and better division.
He’s only 19 and won a Division 3 league bnf. Kicked a lot of goals this year too. Not a bad start to his senior career.

Re comments about resting before the grand final, this is not true. The guys arm was in a sling in the semi, he missed the prelim and he would have missed the grand final due to injury.

Last edited:
With Deer Park and St. Albans set to join the EDFL, does the league go back to 2 divisions or stay with the 3 divisions in a 8,8,7 system? Can’t imagine teams like North Sunshine and Laverton going up against PCC or Parkside. They had a few 250+ beltings against the Suns and Cobras and that would only make people not want to play at all in my opinion

With Deer Park and St. Albans set to join the EDFL, does the league go back to 2 divisions or stay with the 3 divisions in a 8,8,7 system? Can’t imagine teams like North Sunshine and Laverton going up against PCC or Parkside. They had a few 250+ beltings against the Suns and Cobras and that would only make people not want to play at all in my opinion
Another disaster on the Duck’s watch 🥲

The league needs a leader prepared to be proactive.
8/8/7 is best way to leave the divs imo.

Should work towards a more even 8,8,8.

Div 1 and 2 will be closer to this next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you’ll find two clubs would fold if this happened.

No way Lavo and Norf would stay afloat.
Instead of Lavo and Norf being content in feeling sorry for themselves being in the WRFL doldrums, perhaps they should get off their arses, extractus digitum, and do some work in improving their clubs. Others have done it - smarten up!

I think you’ll find two clubs would fold if this happened.

No way Lavo and Norf would stay afloat.
It's not just those 2 clubs that would be the issue. You would have 3 to 6 clubs in Div 1 totally uncompetitive and a similar scenario in Div 2. Splitting over the 3 divisions at worst you will have 2 uncompetitive clubs per division making more games more meaningful

Instead of Lavo and Norf being content in feeling sorry for themselves being in the WRFL doldrums, perhaps they should get off their arses, extractus digitum, and do some work in improving their clubs. Others have done it - smarten up!
Real thoughtful post

That's a bit unfair, Seaside. Both clubs have made valiant attempts over the last few years but each time progress is made either circumstances or personalities drag them back down again.
Sorry, didn't realise, and I do understand how hard it is to rejuvenate a struggling club, having been involved in such.

So someone needs to tip money into both clubs is what your really saying

So someone needs to tip money into both clubs is what your really saying
Not just that, you need the right people leading the club.

Lavo had a little bit of money in the Tommy Long days but the money was used on the wrong players and they imploded - they looked ok for a little while.

Same can said about North Sunshine in 2019, they almost made finals the year before, had great momentum but then blew cash on the wrong players (in 2019) and imploded, never to recover.

It takes a lot of time to get these clubs up and if you don’t have the right people at the top, people lose energy, money runs out and then, like these clubs, your worse off.

Personally I think the league could do more to help these two clubs. Last thing anyone wants to see is a club fold.

Sharks went from near bottom of div3 to div 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back