Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

This week's doubles tournament in The Big Easy is the worst format of the year and the biggest disgrace. Some of the choppers teeing it up this week should be nowhere near the PGA Tour.

Most egregious example is that Eric Cole has decided to bring along his caddy's dad, 65yo Russ Cochrane, who will be making his 600th PGA Tour start.

What was Russ' entry status? Past Champion Member. The subject tournament he tasted success, the Western Open. In 1991!

Remains to be seen if one of the 'uneven" pairings gets up which will give the lesser player a couple of years' worth of exemptions on Tour plus entry into the signature events. Now, they seem like a couple of nice fellas, but do you reckon it would be a fair outcome if Matt Fitzpatrick shoots the lights out and gifts his brother a Tour card?

Will I be watching? Of course.

100,000,000, going to tiger massive amounts to other players for loyalty to the pga tour. These guys certainly need the money . I for one are sick of hearing and reading about how much all golfers are getting putting me off watching golf on tv.

Don’t believe the b/s. As far as I have read, the “millions” are paper-based notional equity values. Not sure about the US but if this happened in Oz in the wrong way, all the players might get right now is a rather large tax bill.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The obscene amounts of money thrown at sports participants has turned me off. It’s hard to justify shelling out my hard earned to go and get ripped off for 2,4 or 6 hours of entertainment.

You didn’t need to convince me to buy tickets to the LIV, should be a good day today!

Watching the first few holes of LIV, I do admire their efforts to show the viewer so many more shots. Guess the shotgun start assists with this. But it is almost too fast. They show putt after putt with very little context as to how a player got to this position. The rare iron shots that they show don't seem to come with a "he's 150 yards out with X iron in hand", etc.

Edit: that great iron shot out of the rough by DJ just now a perfect example

Watching the first few holes of LIV, I do admire their efforts to show the viewer so many more shots. Guess the shotgun start assists with this. But it is almost too fast. They show putt after putt with very little context as to how a player got to this position. The rare iron shots that they show don't seem to come with a "he's 150 yards out with X iron in hand", etc.

Edit: that great iron shot out of the rough by DJ just now a perfect example
Couldnt agree more. Ive said the same thing previously. I agree its too fast. No context to it all. There is such thing as too many golf shots shown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking the sport out of the US and having a more relaxed/fun atmosphere are both huge ticks.

Everything else associated with LIV is pretty unbearable.

Was actually watching a little last two nights and the crowds look solid.

Hope you comment the next Liv event and the one after and the one after. We know Australia dominated last year, they dominate this year for crowds, outside of that its like my local library.
Of course i won't...don't watch LIV outside of Oz :D

Couldnt agree more. Ive said the same thing previously. I agree its too fast. No context to it all. There is such thing as too many golf shots shown.

Agree with this also, I like seeing how they got to the position they are putting from.
But I do like how they show so many of the field.
The PGA tour obsession with just showing two featured groups makes it almost unwatchable unless you are following one of those players.

Agree with this also, I like seeing how they got to the position they are putting from.
But I do like how they show so many of the field.
The PGA tour obsession with just showing two featured groups makes it almost unwatchable unless you are following one of those players.

Bulltish. Featured groups run as a pre-cursor or supplement to the main coverage. Change channels.

Bulltish. Featured groups run as a pre-cursor or supplement to the main coverage. Change channels.

I know that , I am taking about when the main coverage is still just mainly showing 2-3 players. Not sure about you but watching Rory or Tiger walk from a green to the next tee is hardly riveting broadcasting. Yet it’s a staple of the tour broadcast. Waking from green to a tee is one of the most broadcast parts of their golf coverage, second only to useless interviews we don’t want to hear.

I know that , I am taking about when the main coverage is still just mainly showing 2-3 players. Not sure about you but watching Rory or Tiger walk from a green to the next tee is hardly riveting broadcasting. Yet it’s a staple of the tour broadcast. Waking from green to a tee is one of the most broadcast parts of their golf coverage, second only to useless interviews we don’t want to hear.
As the spokesperson for the PGAT rory has to be shown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back